The online racing simulator
The Ferdinand GT3 RS
(28 posts, started )
#1 - PaulH
The Ferdinand GT3 RS
Introducing the Ferdinand GT3 RS
It is built using the ULC (ultra light construction) method. This car weighs less than 100KG with a top speed limited only by the driver's ability. It has "record breaking" low emissions.
If you like what you see then check out their website (link on YouTube video) for pictures of its construction. Some amazing stuff.
Enjoy
Whoever thought of that needs to be shot...

How is that "amazing"?
#3 - 5haz
Pedaling that could cause some knee injury. :doh:
Har har har see what he did there!
#4 - PaulH
Quote from DevilDare :
How is that "amazing"?

The craftsmanship, time and ability to do something like that. No matter how crazy its creators are and how god awful the car is, it is still amazing.
It is truly amazing that someone has the time to do something like this!
#6 - Seb66
Brilliant
Haha, awesome. The car is so hot, even with the golden crap on it.
Hey Pretty Awesome , would like to see people's faces when it goes on a highway xD, even better, what about if they trow in a real Gt3RS engine and gearbox on it? xD.

Btw, does anybody know what's that white care overtaking it near the end of the video? seems like some kind of Lamborghini Gallardo, but don't know the exact model...
I believe it was the new LP 570-4 Superleggera or it might have been a privateer GT car.
WOAH hahah thats awesome. Id have one.
If someone put a Vespa's 3bhp engine on that car I bet it would go like stink.
Waste of tin foil to me
Das ist pure crap.
-
(speedway) DELETED by speedway
Quote from speedway :That would totally defeat the point of it.

I'm wondering who ran a translation over their website and tried to understand whats behind this project, before leaving some half-assed remark on here.

I did, and quite honestly it didn't convince me that the Ferdinand was an authentic concept of a lightweight Porsche. Instead, it left me an impression of being a replica that mocks the lightweight concept. And to be brutally honest, this might even be good stuff for a comedy sketch.
That's why I posted the so-called "half-assed remark" in the first place. That video would need a lot more credibility to go over as a real lightweight concept.
Seems like a lot of people don't understand art and/or irony in here.

Ah, sweet were the times when the LSF forums was one of the most intelligent and sophisticated game forums... but that time seems to be long gone now.
#16 - 5haz
Quote from ColeusRattus :Ah, sweet were the times when the LSF forums was one of the most intelligent and sophisticated game forums... but that time seems to be long gone now.

When?!
Quote from ColeusRattus :Seems like a lot of people don't understand art and/or irony in here.

ah yes the famous austrian sense of humour (and if you say kottan i shall see how far you can shove a person up himself)
i honestly wasnt sure if he was trying to be funny or just austrian until i saw that the ultra light construction is plastic pipes held together with duct tape

Quote from 5haz :When?!

before you came here
#18 - 5haz
Doubt it somehow, quite a few of the forum veterans are just as guilty, but perhaps its true that if you hang around long enough people start to respect you eventually, I hope so because I'm counting on it.
It was actually quite nice back in 2006/2007. Nice conversations were the norm and reading a physics discussion was very nice as well. Now instead of brain power people use their fingers to just whine about everything. Anyways, back on topic.
I want one!

Would still like to see a small electric/nitro motor from an RC car driving it though...
Quote from TiJay :I want one!

Would still like to see a small electric/nitro motor from an RC car driving it though...

Not going to happen, as even though it's light, it's still at about 150 kilogramms... (so yes, the OP was ...er.... underexagerating a bit)
Quote from ColeusRattus :Not going to happen, as even though it's light, it's still at about 150 kilogramms... (so yes, the OP was ...er.... underexagerating a bit)

we successfully got a bobbycar + man on top up to ~30-40kmh using a brushed (!) electric rc motor
its brushed because its only meant to bring the car up to speed so the nitro rc engine can clutch in (for cheapness sake were using a rc clutch which obviously isnt up to the job of getting ~100kg in motion)
unfortunately we havent really been able to get the thing going on nitro yet but it should be good for maybe 60-70
Mamba's brushless electric motors have quite a bit of torque, not sure if they're up for the challenge, but you might give 'em a try. You'd need a really good clutch for a nitro motor to get 100 kg moving,it's well - 1/10ths of a tonne.
Allright, that could work. Still, it would need to propel a much larger weight than in the video. Let's say 15 for the bike and 75 for the man opposed to 150 + 75 if you have only one passenger... might cause issues with clutching and heat developement.

The Ferdinand GT3 RS
(28 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG