The online racing simulator
How messed up did i really mess up?
(41 posts, started )
#1 - aoun
This is related to xbox 3 fu*king 60...

I traded in a heap of old ps3 games, my wii etc and got myself an xbox that comes with FM3 and Fable 2.

Was enjoying my time on FM3 for the past few hours after buying it today, thinking, wow xbox is really good (i am a ps3 nut)...

..i thought id re-arrage my consoles, with FM3 in the tray...

..i should have properly listened to the label on the 360 telling me not to move my xbox with a game in the tray.

My FM3 disc looks like a target thanks to the tray scratching it. Now the xbox doesnt read the disc..

Im about to explode but i thouhgt id just confirm with someone, is the disc completely screwed?

F*cking xbox!
well im not an xbox fan, but if it said dont move with CD in and you did, you can hardly blame it on the xbox.
You could one of those scratch removal services or tools to save it.
Quote from R3DMAN :well im not an xbox fan, but if it said dont move with CD in and you did, you can hardly blame it on the xbox.

This.

How is it XBOX's fault?

And yes, try one of those scratch removal things.
#5 - aoun
No, i understand its my problem..

Just very fustrating such an "elite" console can do this.

Thats $120 down the drain. What am i ment to do if someone else in my house comes in my room looking for something moves the xbox again? Tough luck? kinda b*llshit to me!
$120 for Forza 3?!

What the...?

And well, always remove the disc when you stop playing.
Did you move it when it was turned on, or when it was completely off? I've moved it few times when it was on/off but nothing of the sort had happened to mine (yes, I've read the warnings). Guess I was lucky...

Ah oh, just let eveyone in the household know that the 'box is NOT to be moved!
Depending on how deep the scratches are, a gentle application of nail polish remover can often lessen the scratches and get a disc readable again.
And since I'm in a "I ignored instructions and am now complaining I broke something" thread, I'm going to remind you to apply it with a very soft cloth and polish it off thoroughly when you're done
#9 - aoun
Quote from DevilDare :$120 for Forza 3?!

What the...?

And well, always remove the disc when you stop playing.

Sorry, didnt realise xbox games are cheaper than ps3.

EB games have a sale on for $50 for Forza 3. Gonna get it tomorrow then.
Quote from Dajmin :
And since I'm in a "I ignored instructions and am now complaining I broke something" thread, I'm going to remind you to apply it with a very soft cloth and polish it off thoroughly when you're done

lold
Quote :How messed up did i really mess up?

Yo dawg.
if i'm not mistaken, they had fixed this problem some time ago... but microsoft has a service where you can send them your coaster disc and they'll send you a replacement.
#13 - aoun
Quote from Kalev EST :Yo dawg.

Haha, didnt realise how i worded the title. Sounds like a xzibit phrase.
I did exactly the same thing to FM2, went to blockbuster to get it cleaned and they said the scratches were too deep. My own stupid fault for moving the console

Lesson: Don't knock or move the xbox when it is on + playing a disc, it's only gonna cost ya.
anyone know if ps3 scratches the disk if you move it with disk still in as well? also aoun can you pm me letting me know how you're finding the 360 please (thinking of buying one soon as well )
Quote from oli17 :anyone know if ps3 scratches the disk if you move it with disk still in as well? also aoun can you pm me letting me know how you're finding the 360 please (thinking of buying one soon as well )

i don't believe so, and from what i recall, sony does not have the replacement program i previously mentioned, so i'd be careful anyways. safe than sorry.
I wouldn't want to risk it with the PS3 either. It takes a far smaller scratch to bugger a blu-ray than it does a DVD, because the data on the disc is in a much smaller physical space.

If in doubt, pull it out. That phrase will serve everyone well through life
#18 - aoun
Just another question though..

How loud is the xbox ment to be?

Mine is pretty loud during gmeplay and makes alot of weird noises, is that normal?
alright, thanks have moved very slight distances and accidently knocked it a couple of times, but not actually picked it up. will be careful now though

p.s. sigquoted :P
Quote from aoun :Just another question though..

How loud is the xbox meant to be?

Mine is pretty loud during gameplay and makes a lot of weird noises, is that normal?

fan noise or drive noise?
Either way, odds are it's normal. It's a crazy loud beast. Mine thunders away in the corner when I'm playing it too.
#22 - aoun
Quote from bunder9999 :fan noise or drive noise?

Sorry, im not too smart when it comes to inside a console/computer.

The drive makes ticking noises here and there and sounds that sound like the disc is scraping (which it actually isnt, as there are no scratches on other discs) and then theres a consistant humming comming from the hdd? or maybe its just the fan.. but thats what is pretty damn loud!
I was playing guitar hero 3 once when one of my little cousins came and knocked down the xbox... The disc was totalled :|

Guess it's bad luck
I can throw my PS3 around the room with a game in and no scratches.

Quote from dawesdust_12 :I can throw my PS3 around the room with a game in and no scratches.

I've heard about that before, make a video of it please.

On-topic, you messed up hard. You got a console...

(41 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG