The online racing simulator
Fsx
(18 posts, started )
Fsx
i was wondering, does anyone on this forum legally own FSX? i have really gotten into the game recently and i simply adore it. it is a masterpiece. i was hoping that maybe we could hold our own mini Red Bull Air Race or somethin'. post some pictures of you flying some planes if you can as well!
i wish i had the money for a nice joystick and a bigger desk lol
I believe some of the Fragmaster guys play FSX. Pop on their voice chat (I forget if it's TS or V) and ask.
Quote from bunder9999 :I believe some of the Fragmaster guys play FSX. Pop on their voice chat (I forget if it's TS or V) and ask.

another reason i should get a frickin' mic.
I used to play FSX over at my cousin's house, and yeah its a masterpiece.
You should get the FSpassengers addon.
I have it installed, but haven't flown in a while. My 8 year old joystick doesn't work too well anymore, and I'm having trouble keeping my bills paid along with my virtual racing endeavors.

I tried RedBull Air Races once. I couldn't control it past the first gate. The canyon race was a different story though.
lol, this thread now inspired me to find my old joystick. cleared some desk space by moving the wheel somewhere else.

reinstalling now...
The Moose - I'd love to get all of those, but i can't afford those amazing payware planes, and i am not sure my bro will be okay with it. it's his PC, and his stuff. my laptop can barely run FS9, witch is why he lets me play it.

jrd.racer - i have thought about it. my bro says i should get it too.

vendetta - sweet. maybe we could fly sometime.

rsnake53 - same story with me. what i like doing though, is getting the in P-51D from the acceleration pack and flying down near highways and following them. it's really easy and very fun.
Quote from mrodgers :You forgot to add, "and a hell of a computer...."

Not true.

I run it with good settings and a nice framerate on a E7400, 4gig ram, an old 8800 GTS and a £30 motherboard. It cost way less than £300 to assemble.

FSX is a beast with some of the more complex big passenger jets, but it runs just fine with most GA aircraft, and I find I get better FPS with ORBX scenery than default.

With a well tuned machine and the right config tweaks FSX isn't a problem on any Dual Core machine (@3+Ghz) or better, as long as your not flying complex jets into major airports with masses of AI.

For GA lovers flying out of/into smaller strips and regional airports you really can get away with a very average machine and have a very nice experience indeed.

Quote from matseracer :The Moose - I'd love to get all of those, but i can't afford those amazing payware planes,

Aye, It's not a cheap hobby if you want good stuff for FSX. Still, it makes me feel iRacing is cheap now
Quote from The Moose :Aye, It's not a cheap hobby if you want good stuff for FSX

well, maybe i could afford two or three, but that's it. by then i would have spent about $100, or about 70 pounds
I play FSX,

Stu do you know where you can download good free addons that are worth for the game?
You don't really need to own it legally to play online.

I don't know how I get that info, but it just happened to popup
Just installed this again recently too. Me and a mate do the co-pilot thing to practice :P
Got it but havnt played for aaaaaages. was good back in the day tho

Fsx
(18 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG