The online racing simulator
Adding a car to a game
(20 posts, started )
Adding a car to a game
I'd like to export a 3D model of a car to a game. The question is, what game? The purpose is not to play with it, the main reason I want to do this is to put my car runing on a racetrack/city and record it with fraps, so I can edit the video aftewards and make a short clip using different cameras, effects and so on.
I know in LFS is not allowed to do it (even if I've seen and tried some cars I've downloaded) which is a pity since the movement of the car would look very real and I have total freedom with the camera. So, other alternative? I also want something easy without needing a lot of programmiing knowledge. Ideas please?
You could try Rigs of Rods. I know its based on user added content really, so its worth a shot.
Racer? Free car simulator with lots of addon cars and tracks aswel.
I think Rigs of Rods looks very simple (graphically) but Racer can be cool. I've played this game a bit years back and there's some information about how to create your own cars. I'll take a look when I have more time

Still open to more suggestions of course
id suggest rfactor but everytime ive god to make a mod i can never find resources how too.
I'd say rFactor. Maybe GTA4?
Any tutorial or information for rFactor or GTA?
I just remembered If things haven't changed too much, in Racer there is not AI, right? And that's something I'd like to have because I'm studying abroad and my G25 is not with me so recording a car runing around a track with keyboard doesn't look that good....
Would it not be easier to make a basic track in Max and use that? Putting a car in a game is a lot of work...
Sadly I have no idea about 3D animation, and the software I use for modeling is Rhinoceros and Alias Automotive
But then you'd have to animate it, rather than using the physics engine in a race sim, which can give much better results.

Edit: don't wait 4 hours between read and replying...
#13 - JJ72
I think Rfactor would be simpliest (not that I know how), you can basically justy swap the exterior model with something with similar wheelbase.
Quote from JJ72 :I think Rfactor would be simpliest (not that I know how), you can basically justy swap the exterior model with something with similar wheelbase.

You can also do that with racer.
rfactor has AI
-
(brandons48) DELETED by brandons48
Quote from brandons48 :Why is that important? He can drive it himself...

Please read the thread

Anyways, why not use LFS ?

As long as you do not release the mod or post any pics/vids of it here, then all is good ?
Does it? Mmmm. Right now I have other stuff to do but I'll take a look at some guides I've found for both, rFactor and Racer.
I just want to replace the body, I don't care about sound or physics. Bean0 I'll investigate about LFS as well
LFS has poly limit
does anyone have any good links to some rfactor modding guides ive been thinking of making a focus rally car but wih a bigger faster engine maybe like the wrc subaru car.

Adding a car to a game
(20 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG