The online racing simulator
#26 - wE1l
Quote from [RCG]Boosted :well im not really a big F1 fan, what means ive just seen a few races.
so.....i just can say ive seen some nice racing in that vid

Glad you like it, cheers m8.
#27 - Gunn
F1 has a very healthy following amongst LFS drivers. But the presence of an F1 car makes no difference either way to LFS' status as a sim.
Great move by the devs. I'm super excited to see an F1 car in LFS. Hell, I'm excited that we have a "real world" car in LFS. Hopefully real world tracks aren't too far off. I just hope that we'll get new sound and setup options for this car. Cant wait for the updated tire physics too. Not sure which I'm most excited about.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
^ really, how is F1 rigged? i caught a few races this year and last but i dont really study f1 hardcore so i may be a bit ignorant...

yeah a few teams have better hardware and strategies...
#30 - wE1l
Quote from thisnameistaken :Except when the racing is fixed.

How, team orders and the like? Or sometimes dominant cars on the grid? Genuinely confused, sorry.
-
#31 - JJ72
Quote from thisnameistaken : We don't have those crazy gladiatorial racing drivers in F1 any more

We have one, he is canadian, but everyone wants him to retire.
-
#32 - wE1l
Quote from thisnameistaken :Team orders, sure. Got to love it when Barrichello wins races and moves over to gift it to Schumacher. And it's nice the way the FIA judges penalties based on how the championship is going - like reinstating a driver's points to make for a closer competition.

There's also the less-subtle stuff, like when Mansell got pole position at Adelaide in 1994, and Bernie Ecclestone told him to let Hill and Schumacher past at the start. I wonder how many other events like that have been engineered by the management without the spectators knowing anything about it

How often does that happen? I haven't been following F1 for that long but I couldn't see things like Bernie telling drivers to back off happening in today's F1. Farewell to those good old/stupid days.
#33 - JTbo
Quote from wE1l :

How often does that happen? I haven't been following F1 for that long but I couldn't see things like Bernie telling drivers to back off happening in today's F1. Farewell to those good old/stupid days.

Let's see how it is at summer, soon after that perhaps
IN 2004 i think, was when Barrichello gently gave his pole to schumacher on the strait to the finish line, on the last lap? Or many other times when schumacar sudently takes the position from barrichello. Those a the ones that i remember right now, i know there is more. I personally hate barrichello for what he done, i know many brazilians do too. Wish a new "senna" appear again (from brazil i mean) someone who has the guts to say not i will not let you pass!! I hope Massa wont do the same as Barrichello did.
-
#35 - wE1l
Quote from thisnameistaken :That's the whole point - nobody outside of F1 knows. It certainly used to happen, and modern F1 is all about "the spectacle" rather than "the racing", so it is probably more likely to happen now than it ever was before.

You basically can't trust F1 as being proper sport. It's like boxing - it's just a big stupid media bullshit event tarted up to look like sport.

if it's like what you said, then wicked may be the word. however chances are very low in my opinion, from my observation, it no longer is the case.
in the last few races i've seen teammates battling it out.
Its not like every single team does it, but the some that do kills the sport.
-
Quote from thisnameistaken :It's early in the season, the rotten stuff tends to come out later. Usually the earliest indication tends to come from Ferrari though, they're the dirtiest team.

No i think you will find that is renault. Fisi's car just happens to always f*** up whenever he is beating alonso. Also McLaren had montoya let raikkonen past several times last season they just did it very subtly.

How priceless was fisichella's comment over the pit radio that was broadcast on ITV lol
#39 - wark
You know...
You know what would probably make everybody happy? Vintage F1 cars. Who wouldn't like to drive a '50s/'60s Lotus in LFS?

Pointless post, but, yeah...
#40 - SamH
Quote from wark :You know what would probably make everybody happy? Vintage F1 cars. Who wouldn't like to drive a '50s/'60s Lotus in LFS?

There was some of that at the first A1GP, at Brands Hatch. It was amazing to see. Incredible sound.. I woulda gone just to see that.
#41 - SamH
Quote from thisnameistaken :It's early in the season, the rotten stuff tends to come out later. Usually the earliest indication tends to come from Ferrari though, they're the dirtiest team.

Since Benetton left the sport, yeah. Hmm.. common denominator.. Michael Schumaker?!
i thought this was supposed to be an BF1 Hype Thread...?
#43 - JTbo
Quote from SchneeFee :i thought this was supposed to be an BF1 Hype Thread...?

It WAS
Any additional car is welcome.

Driving the BWM Sauber F!.06 within todays most realistic sim will be a very exciting experience, no question, although personally I would prefer to have a BMW M3 GTR in LFS.

Now with the BWM Sauber F1.06 LFS rounds up the whole bandwidth, from 55hp Mini to 700+hp F1 cars, which also demonstrates the outstanding LFS physics being capable to handle them all. This is one of LFS's strengths, so people can pick up various types of cars depending upon their preferences.

To me this April thing isn't just a simple patch, it's a major update and will mark a milestone within the whole LFS development process, especially since major global players are now involved. Although we don't know the details about the partnership with BMW and/or Intel, everything seems to be possible now. Real race tracks as requested by many people are no longer out of reach, this has become more a less a matter or manpower, so sooner or later (guess even sooner) the devs will have to enhance their development team.
5 hours 24 minutes to go
Quote from Madman_CZ :5 hours 24 minutes to go

Till what, we start drinking? I'll be in the pub by 13:00 at latest
hmhmmm beeer... cant wait!!if u havnt read the DEVELOPERS FAO thread.. then i say again

happy birth day

mad
#48 - joen
Some talk about F1 not being exciting enough, too commercial or too political.
In what way does that affect the experience of driving an F1 car in LFS? In LFS WE create the excitement, and there's no politics or commercial interests involved.

I am thrilled about the BF1. I grew up with formula 1, I have basically been following since I was a little kid.

LFS' goal is to be the most realistic and complete sim it could be. So it only makes sense to include an F1.
So devs, next patch we'll see a LMS prototype like car?
#49 - Jakg
Quote from wark :You know what would probably make everybody happy? Vintage F1 cars. Who wouldn't like to drive a '50s/'60s Lotus in LFS?

pointless post = spam
this = spam

Quote from Bob Smith :Till what, we start drinking? I'll be in the pub by 13:00 at latest

I'll SMS you to tell you what you're missing. and I won't be missing what you're getting either *stares longingly at bottle of Jack*

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG