The online racing simulator
#1 - wE1l
The Official *F1 comes to LFS* Celebration Thread
As I noticed, it seems that F1 does not have a solid fan base on the forum, some even go as far as opposing to a F1 car appearing in LFS.

Adding a F1 car in is a huge step IMO, it proves the devs' determination to make LFS THE sim, and will probably make it the most well rounded racing sim. Moreover, I think it will draw big attention, there're reportedly 300 million tv audience per GP, as the first pc sim that features a F1 car since 2003, people may become more interested in LFS than ever.

Personally I never get it when people interested in racing dislike F1. It's the pinnacle of motor racing...well, words may become powerless in such situations, I highly recommend everyone take a look at the attached video, it shows what F1 is all about. Speed, Drama, Excitement and a lot more...http://www.megaupload.com/?d=458SBW1X

Above all, I hope BF1 won't let us down, GT cars are superb in LFS, but I am not convinced that the open wheel ones are well simulated. A few hours time we will find out!

Thanks for reading and welcome to comment!
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
All sorted
thx for fixing the link
i was confused... lol
#5 - wE1l
-
#6 - JTbo
Hype, how much one community can create it?

A. Exploding a foot ball

B. Exploding a moon

C. Exploding someones head because annoying hype

And let the contest begin
im downloading right now...geez only 135 kb/s with a 6 mb connection
lets see what it is anyway
I'll tell ya in 13 minutes, nope 12, no hangon ...
#9 - JTbo
Quote from Swiss_Tony :I'll tell ya in 13 minutes, nope 12, no hangon ...

So you are that funny car salesman?
#10 - wE1l
Quote from thisnameistaken :Let's see if we can make 100 threads about the BF1 before it even ****ing appears in the sim!! Come on guys, you can do it!

Honestly I'm 100% more excited by the prospect of an improvement in handling for the RWD road cars than I am by the addition of an F1 car, and I consider myself a big F1 fan (I have watched the pacific-region races live for the last 10 years or so, getting up at 5am here in the UK).

Sorry if this thread annoys you in any way, yes I agree with you that technically the physics improvement is a bigger step, but adding a F1 car while it hasn't been done for years isn't something you could do in a new little patch every time. I feel that lot of LFSers are here because of the road cars, GT or drifting stuff, I may be wrong about this, but BF1 will attract lots of potential buyers that's for sure.

And if your a F1 fan, download the vid and watch!
this is getting a long long day...i wont sleep until the patch is out
Quote from wE1l :Adding a F1 car in is a huge step IMO, it proves the devs' determination to make LFS THE sim, and will probably make it the most well rounded racing sim. Moreover, I think it will draw big attention, there're reportedly 300 million tv audience per GP, as the first pc sim that features a F1 car since 2003, people may become more interested in LFS than ever.

Personally I never get it when people interested in racing dislike F1. It's the pinnacle of motor racing...well, words may become powerless in such situations, I highly recommend everyone take a look at the attached video, it shows what F1 is all about. Speed, Drama, Excitement and a lot more...

It doesn't make it superior for me with adding a Formula 1 car, even if its the third real car (along with the MRT5 and RAC). I know F1 from years ago and I formerly watched it with interest but I don't think its the kings of all motor sports. Maybe the kings of formula motor sports? There's speed, drama and excitemen in other motor sports as well

I also never liked F1 games that much

And for some reason I cannot sleep tonight.. and I tried. I just went for a shower *sigh* ... now I'm a believer *sings*
#13 - wE1l
Quote from Messiah :It doesn't make it superior for me with adding a Formula 1 car, even if its the third real car (along with the MRT5 and RAC). I know F1 from years ago and I formerly watched it with interest but I don't think its the kings of all motor sports. Maybe the kings of formula motor sports? There's speed, drama and excitemen in other motor sports as well

I also never liked F1 games that much

And for some reason I cannot sleep tonight.. and I tried. I just went for a shower *sigh* ... now I'm a believer *sings*

Yeah I know, maybe I should've said "the pinnacle of open wheel racing". But that's what's amazing about LFS, people with slightly different interests could still race together and have good fun.

I love F1, but at the same time love racing in general, it isn't hard at for me to get into another racing event. For the speed, drama and excitement.

Advise: sleep late, and get the patch when waking up late in the afternoon.
#14 - JTbo
I did eat last time wednesday, waked up yesterday 5pm, but not because of LFS update, just because I liked to do so
to the vid...some crashes on the beginning, after that nice fights, suited with a falco song...nice!
Quote from thisnameistaken :

Honestly I'm 100% more excited by the prospect of an improvement in handling for the RWD road cars than I am by the addition of an F1 car.....

Yup me too, as well as many others I am sure.
I'm one of them who isn't really excited about an F1 in the game, but it's still pretty cool and I'll probably try it and race it on ocasions. And as said, there is speed and excitement in other racing series. I for one am in love with the Speed World Series, American LeMans and Moto GP. Love many more but those are the ones that poped into my head right now.

Cant wait to see how the new tyre model will be. Hope the rear wheel drive cars will be more competitive.
#18 - JTbo
But big question is, is there going to be proper gearbox in it?
-
#19 - wE1l
Quote from [RCG]Boosted :to the vid...some crashes on the beginning, after that nice fights, suited with a falco song...nice!

haven't u identified those BIGGEST HISTORIC MOMENTS OF F1 in it? honestly that's one of the most inclusive F1 vid i've seen.
#20 - wE1l
#21 - JTbo
Quote from thisnameistaken :I agree, it's become more of a corporate event than a racing event. We don't have those crazy gladiatorial racing drivers in F1 any more - instead we've got whoever looks good for the media, or whoever can bring sponsorship, or whoever can provide commercial opportunities in new markets. It's all a big glitz parade for investment banks, and financial products are not exciting, regardless of how many racing teams rely on them.

Good racing, budget lot under 10000€ I like this more than F1 :P
well im not really a big F1 fan, what means ive just seen a few races.
so.....i just can say ive seen some nice racing in that vid
#23 - wE1l
Quote from thisnameistaken :I agree, it's become more of a corporate event than a racing event. We don't have those crazy gladiatorial racing drivers in F1 any more - instead we've got whoever looks good for the media, or whoever can bring sponsorship, or whoever can provide commercial opportunities in new markets. It's all a big glitz parade for investment banks, and financial products are not exciting, regardless of how many racing teams rely on them.

Unfortunately, it's so true that F1 has become more of a corporate event, but maybe you have been distracted too much, F1 is RACING above all things around it. Commercials aren't really what fans care more about. Even in 2005, a year which saw Renault dominance, we still have great races like Imola and Suzuka, and this year F1 has become more exciting than ever, I predict a great season, maybe only 2003 could better it.
#24 - JTbo
I find F1 too clinical, too sterile to be exciting, some beginner and hobby class series are much more fun to watch as there they really push hard and generally there is more going on also it is easier to see those things as F1 is too sensitive all moves need to so small. Wings are bad for racing, imo.
I'm not a F1 fan but I do understand the importance of this car to LFS.. it's one of those make or break moments really.

F1 is without doubt the biggest motorsport event in our world (anything American doesn't count - they need to learn a world series means you actually have to compete against other countrys, not homeland states )... if the BF1 is a success, well, it could mean HUGE things for LFS. Knowing the DEVS past work, the BF1 will make not break LFS and I want to be a part of it even though F1 isn't on my list of top motorsports

(That's fairly bold of me to say, but I'm confident in the DEVS talent.)

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG