The online racing simulator
LFS at Gadget Show Live 2010
(45 posts, started )
Don't think this is a treepost... Can't remember the name of the company that were using it. But they had an old build of LFS (pre rev limiter) days.

They were using it to show off a gaming chair that used compressed air to stiffen the arms instead of hydraulics. Or something. Felt pretty good. Racing XFR on Aston Cadet. Hadn't been set up properly, was using a G27 but the clutch was the brake and the brake was just TOO sensitive, nowhere for the gear lever to go either due to the frame so it wasn't used... Time to beat was 57.11.

I was close. Until I rolled it on the chicane.... :ambulance
Quote from azasmith14 :Don't think this is a treepost... Can't remember the name of the company that were using it. But they had an old build of LFS (pre rev limiter) days.

They were using it to show off a gaming chair that used compressed air to stiffen the arms instead of hydraulics. Or something. Felt pretty good. Racing XFR on Aston Cadet. Hadn't been set up properly, was using a G27 but the clutch was the brake and the brake was just TOO sensitive, nowhere for the gear lever to go either due to the frame so it wasn't used... Time to beat was 57.11.

I was close. Until I rolled it on the chicane.... :ambulance

May these just use LFS for commercial purposes without asking Scavier?

Btw sad for you that you just rolled it
Looks good. (apart from the amateurish welding) Is there a prize for the fastest lap?
if it is festo they have infringed copyright on lfs before by claiming that it is their own sim.
Quote :By now Airmotion_ride is a product of

VR PROJECT - Event-Management
Edelweiß Straße 8a
85591 Vaterstetten
GERMANY

Anyway... I like it!
Quote from lukelfs :Is this what u were using? looks great lol, how bad was it when u crashed , like his crash at the end? lol

http://www.engadget.com/2010/0 ... ide-humiliates-self-vide/

Yeh that was it, It wasn't that bad when I crashed, it tilted until it got to a certain point, then it just returned back to the center with a bit of a jolt. The starting position wasn't quite right either, I was leaning forward before it even started. Bloke said the contraption was about £25,000. No prizes for winning either except getting your name on a leader board... Some chap called George had a 57.11.
I managed to get fastest lap all of Sunday @ 56.06, but someone called GEORGG got fastest of show @ 55.88...

It was a race against AI, and you only had the standing start and 1 flying lap to do your time. On default set as well, and G27 wasn't setup for 900 degrees steering!
Was just on The Gadget Show program. Was using a Logitech G25 and some kind of complicated set-up. LFS IS ON THE TV - W00T!
Hi... Yeah just watched the gadget show on 5 tonight and was featured. Shame it wasn't the more up todate version. Shame they did not say what sim it was. Wonder what Scawen thought.
Quote from Rolly-uk :Hi... Yeah just watched the gadget show on 5 tonight and was featured. Shame it wasn't the more up todate version. Shame they did not say what sim it was. Wonder what Scawen thought.

well its well known on the forum that this company uses a copy from lfs where they changed all the billboard / menu etc there is no lfs logo too see anymore...
( in the search func you will find the previous posts )
( i believe it was the "lfs in"the publicity" threat )
I know I saw that I knew it at first site
yah know the devs have a pretty good case that they could take festo to court with. They have already contacted them once and asked them to credit lfs which they don't seem to have done and now they have broken the rules for using a display version of lfs.

(scawen: one of the motion sims for us all should be settlement enough)
They would probably spend more on the court than gain from it in the end.
Quote from DevilDare :They would probably spend more on the court than gain from it in the end.

thats why the uk own

NO WIN NO FEE lawyers FTW!!!

haha
I hope Scavier do take Festo to court.
yeah. A no win no fee lawyer :P They would win due to copyright infringement and we could convince them to get some super cars and real tracks
OK, that sounds likely .
Quote from azasmith14 :Where in Wellingborough do you live?

Shaun:
[address removed]
did you just post his home address on a public internet forum

how did you even know it
How did you know my address?! I'm freaked out!
OMG that address was SO fake!!!!

I just searched a address on Google Maps, don't worry Scawen I don't just post lfs'ers address on public.
Quote from rockclan :Shaun:
[address removed]

Gtfo!

General area really.

I'm not far from Park Farm Industrial Estate.

(45 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG