The online racing simulator
Is this possible? read it plz!
(19 posts, started )
Hello,

I need for a school to teach a few children and that should be the subject sign. I had the idea to an LFS skin print in color and below your scanner do. and then use LFS skin for 1 car.
Is that possible?

2nd question: is there a good site where you empty LFS skins are then adapt them to one good LFS skin?

I have this tranlated with google translate
Maybe try posting your question in Dutch, so that someone with more skill than Google translator can have a go at it?

A pretty good skinning resource is the Master Skinnerz site, which also has skin templates.
Quote from viller r :Hello,

I need for a school to teach a few children and that should be the subject sign. I had the idea to an LFS skin print in color and below your scanner do. and then use LFS skin for 1 car.
Is that possible?

2nd question: is there a good site where you empty LFS skins are then adapt them to one good LFS skin?

I have this tranlated with google translate

Your question is right now very hard to understand.
Please type it in Dutch , I will try to translate. Well as long as not somebody else is quicker to translate

Je vraag is, zoals die er nu staat, is erg moeilijk te begrijpen.
Graag het stukje in het Nederlands typen, dan probeer ik het te vertalen. Tenminste, als niet iemand anders mij voor is met het vertalen
Quote from Bluebird B B :Your question is right now very hard to understand.
Please type it in Dutch , I will try to translate. Well as long as not somebody else is quicker to translate

Je vraag is, zoals die er nu staat, is erg moeilijk te begrijpen.
Graag het stukje in het Nederlands typen, dan probeer ik het te vertalen. Tenminste, als niet iemand anders mij voor is met het vertalen

OK.

Hier in NL.

IK moet voor een groep kinderen van groep 6 7 en 8 een lesje tekenen verzinnen en ik kwam op het idee een lege FX0 skin uit te printen en door de kinderen te laten tekenen en dan mee terug nemen naar huis en dan onder mijn scanner te doen en dan een mooie FX0 skin der van maken
Maar is dat mogelijk?
I got what you mean...
You print a blank FXR skin. And take it to school. Kids paint it. You scan it when you come home and use it in LFS.
It is possible, but very hard. You would need to get it really straight and in right size.
EDIT: Or FXO, doesn't matter.
Quote from matijapkc :I got what you mean...
You print a blank FXR skin. And take it to school. Kids paint it. You scan it when you come home and use it in LFS.
It is possible, but very hard. You would need to get it really straight and in right size.
EDIT: Or FXO, doesn't matter.

If this is what you are trying to accomplish, it will be quite easy to do. Only thing you'd have to take care of is the size of the scanned image, which would have to be 512x512 or 1024x1024. Any graphic tool better than mspaint can easily crop image to a size you need.
You'd have to do it like this. First print the blank skin with NO changes to its aspect ratio (output on the paper has to be square). Let kids paint the skin however the like and scan the result to your PC. Cut out the skin from the scanned image, resize it to 1024x1024 or 512x512, save it as FXO_KIDSTUFF.jpg to skins folder in LFS and there you go
Quote from MadCatX :resize it to 1024x1024 or 2048x2048

That's better. Why would you have 512x512 skins? They would look horrible. It's best to save 'em at 2048x2048 because it is bigger than HD.
Quote from matijapkc :That's better. Why would you have 512x512 skins? They would look horrible. It's best to save 'em at 2048x2048 because it is bigger than HD.

Somewhere, on some skinning guide (don't remember where exactly, but maybe it was actually at MasterSkinnerz site) it is strongly advised not to use skins bigger than 1024x1024, if it has to be used ONLINE.
Bigger than that and you get lag on starting grids.

Of course, if you only use it in Single Player mode, there shouldn't be problems, as long as your graphics card can handle it.
Quote from Ripley :Somewhere, on some skinning guide (don't remember where exactly, but maybe it was actually at MasterSkinnerz site) it is strongly advised not to use skins bigger than 1024x1024, if it has to be used ONLINE.
Bigger than that and you get lag on starting grids.

Of course, if you only use it in Single Player mode, there shouldn't be problems, as long as your graphics card can handle it.

You got it mixed up there a little. The higher res the original skin the higher the quality shown to people who have saved it manually to there lfs\data\skin folder. These higher res skins are then automatically converted when you start lfs so won't affect you with lag

The 1024^ skin is only used to upload to lfsworld and this is what people download when racing (at 512 if they havent got credit for 1024 versions).

This is why you will see people posting up the 2 or 3 different res skinfiles when they post a new skin
There's always something new to learn!
if you use the Masterskinnerz Kit its quite easy to align the scanned paper. I made this skin like that

Attached images
FZR_AccArtChoice1024.jpg
Show the results please
Quote from matijapkc :Yeah, we want screenshots.

You can d'load it and see it for yourself in game.
Nice hand-made skin btw!
Quote from Ripley :You can d'load it and see it for yourself in game.
Nice hand-made skin btw!

Too lazy to do that... But I have no other options...
There is nothing to download yet (from topic starter)
heres a quick ss
Had to reduce the filename lenth to allow it to load ingame.

SD.
Attached images
LFSpicskin.PNG
Haha, that looks brilliant!
i like this style.

(19 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG