The online racing simulator
Glitch in BF1 model?
(16 posts, started )
Glitch in BF1 model?
Huh, the BF1 is out for a few minutes and I have found a little glitch there. There is a piece of carbon between front deflectors and air intakes if your are looking on it from top. When you are looking from the bottom, it disappears(seem so be right).

Hope it will be OK in LFS and it is only S2_VIEWER problem

See the attached pictures....

EDIT: Just corrected that 2 stupid typos
Attached images
top.jpg
bottom.jpg
my life and its graphical optimization, stoped making sense.

I HAVE NO REASON TO LIVE!!! WHERE'S MY CHOO-CHOO?!?
oh for god sake!
#4 - ajp71
Looks like the model only has textures on the faces of that part that will be visible, to improve performance at the cost of a graphical glitch when you roll it.
Tested it in a updated Viewer S, seemes to be a same problem there.... fortunately it is just a little problem.......
#6 - ajp71
Duplicate post
#7 - ajp71
Duplicate post
it's not supposed to be there in the first place so it is deliberate?

ok
#9 - ajp71
All my double posts seem to have gone? Quick work whoever sorted that mess.

Quote from snewham :it's not supposed to be there in the first place so it is deliberate?

ok

With my limited understanding of 3D work it takes double the amount of polygons to make something seen from two sides. So that's why things aren't drawn from angles you shouldn't see them, for example the road surface is only drawn on the top side, if the camera gets stuck underneath it doesn't see tarmac above it.
I understand to this, but IMO that piece of carbon SHOULD NOT be there.... right? Just take a look form TOP 2D view in Viewer. That carbon is not there.... thats why I call it a glitch.
Quote from ajp71 :All my double posts seem to have gone? Quick work whoever sorted that mess.

With my limited understanding of 3D work it takes double the amount of polygons to make something seen from two sides. So that's why things aren't drawn from angles you shouldn't see them, for example the road surface is only drawn on the top side, if the camera gets stuck underneath it doesn't see tarmac above it.

so you are saying that the piece of carbon is supposed to be sticking out of the wing like that?

I understand the conservation of polygons that aren't needed. I'm not thick to be honest.

Have you even looked at the screenshot in the first post?
well if you look hard enough you can find what you want
Attached images
glitches.jpg
Quote from MadCatX :I understand to this, but IMO that piece of carbon SHOULD NOT be there.... right? Just take a look form TOP 2D view in Viewer. That carbon is not there.... thats why I call it a glitch.

Also found some pics from the presentation of the car in which this piece of carbon is clearly visible. There are more under http://www.bmw-sauber-f1.com/ to be found but those were the best ones I could find that quickly.

EDIT: and it's also visible in the top-view - at least for me... (proof added)
Attached images
neu-2.jpg
neu-4.jpg
neu-5.jpg
Stops flexy wings, eh, I mean barge board :wink: ... If only Ferrari did that ...

Glitch in BF1 model?
(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG