The online racing simulator
Worms Armageddon
(31 posts, started )
Worms Armageddon
A classic. The old versoin got 9,1/10 by Gamespot (It was officialy out in May, 31 1999.)
Worms Armageddon 2 or Worms 2 Armageddon is now arriving to PC (and other platforms), but the release date is still TBA.
Guys... Open a discussion here.
And write your gaming style. Mine is Shopper.
Is this one of the 2D ones or the 3D ones? I could never get into the 3D ones.

At the risk of coming across as a little elitist (because I usually hate people who insist 'the original' of anything was better, even if it blatantly wasn't) , the original Worms on the Amiga is still my favourite.
Quote from Crashgate3 :the original Worms on the Amiga is still my favourite.

Yep, i'd go along with that
i played worms world party the most....fun
If its going to be old style 2d i consider getting it....otherwise meh.
#6 - bbman
Yeah, 3D Worms suck - what was wrong with leaving it 2D?
has anyone succeeded running Worms Armageddon on XP and up? I can't get it to work, even tho I have the original.

The 2D Worms are so much fun, with 6 people cramped in front on of one screen
I'm playing Worms Armageddon "New Edition"... A bit better grapchics then original, and high resolutions, probably even HD. Tried playing online?
Worms 2 Armageddon WILL BE 2D. I'm happy for it too. Here's Gamespot's preview http://www.gamespot.com/xbox36 ... x.html?tag=result;title;0.

EDIT: Sorry, no pics there in the first link. Another coming.
I really hopes it comes for PC. Worms 2 was (and still is) the funniest game I've ever played.
Quote from ACCAkut :has anyone succeeded running Worms Armageddon on XP and up? I can't get it to work, even tho I have the original.

The 2D Worms are so much fun, with 6 people cramped in front on of one screen

I got it running

My style is sneaky, evil, basically the sort of guy who will do the dirtiest tricks to win
Quote from DieKolkrabe :I got it running

My style is sneaky, evil, basically the sort of guy who will do the dirtiest tricks to win

Got running?

Your style is just like the guys I like to kill.
the probmel with all the worms 2 style versions is the maps are way too small to really make the most of some of the gameplay options the first one gave you

also i cant believe that they still manage to make money with a game that hasnt really changed at all for 13 years
that said i recently spent 3 nights buying and playing some version of worms on a ps3 with a projector (somehow a larger screen makes worms flying through the air all that much more fun)
installed world party, darn, colors are messed up
shame, i was hoping for some nostalgic fun, pc too high tech for that?
Quote from matijapkc :Got running?

Your style is just like the guys I like to kill.

Up for a match?

EDIT: Worms on PS3 is epic hilarity
I played lots of shoppa a couple of years back, but I probably love(d) fly shoppa the most

Great game really, and it's amazing what skilled players can do
Quote from -NightFly- :installed world party, darn, colors are messed up
shame, i was hoping for some nostalgic fun, pc too high tech for that?

Can't be too high tech... Something is wrong, or your PC isn't compatible with it... Maybe it doesn't support XP/Vista/7?

Quote from DieKolkrabe :Up for a match?

EDIT: Worms on PS3 is epic hilarity

PS3? Always for a match, but I can't play much... Limited connection. Only 10GB per month.

Quote from Jertje :I played lots of shoppa a couple of years back, but I probably love(d) fly shoppa the most

Great game really, and it's amazing what skilled players can do

I believe I can fly. I was having some fun the other day with flying. Replay links:
http://www.filefactory.com/fil ... e_System_Of_A_Down.WAgame
http://www.filefactory.com/fil ... e_System_Of_A_Down.WAgame
yay, googled it and found a patch for vista/7 on their forums, everything working now
Definately gonna have to try and get the original WA working and play it all day, such a good game!
Search for the Worms Armageddon "New Edition". Graphics and everything else is same, but you can use resolutions which are used today.
hopefully it will work with my GFX card, cause the original worms Armageddon don't work with intel cards.
BUMP!

New Worms are getting released this week, but not as Worms 2 Armageddon, but as Worms Reloaded and the exact release date is 26th.

I'm looking forward to this one...
At my birthday, perfect!
That looks brilliant, and I will sure test it out!
I loved the original Worms armageddon, used a lot of time with it for myself and togheter with friends. Remember having a vorspiel with WA and a lot of alcohol, it was bloody brilliant - alltho there was some drunk-rage in it too when blowing someone off the map with the banana bomb
First of the last!

Worms Armageddon
(31 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG