The online racing simulator
Skin over the windows
(40 posts, started )
Skin over the windows
I'm not sure if this was suggested before, but I think it would be a pretty cool idea if you could skin over the rear-side windows?

I think it'd give cars that little edge to make them stick out more, and i'm pretty sure it's common for touring cars and the like to have them these days, eg like when the teamname is made very large and goes over the window or something a little, or when they put there names there, perhaps there nationality too..

I'm geussing it'd be difficult to implement considering how many skins are already made, but perhaps it could be like a seperate skin file, like a dds? as a work-around, much like the helmet has a seperate skin

Just a little thought
Ugly option...
Quote from tommer :That makes perfect sense

You must admit that although your thoughts are well intended, it would cause a complete spread of "comercial-van-type-of-car" skins in LFS, with very low taste...
+1

I'd like to be able to put my name on the back windows.

It's a lot harder to do the alpha-ing properly for windows though.
Quote from NunoMike :You must admit that although your thoughts are well intended, it would cause a complete spread of "comercial-van-type-of-car" skins in LFS, with very low taste...

I'm not understanding your trail of thought here , people can already advertise on there car and they do, good for them tbh, you can't enforce brilliant skins no, but I don't think allowing people to use more of the car would cause the issue (if you can really consider it an issue) to change,

Following your trail of thought, does this mean car skins should just be disallowed completely?

I don't get it
When I'm saying "comercial-van-type-of-car" I'm not talking about advertising, but refering to those family cars converted to van, very common. These cars have only 2 passengers and the back windows covered in metal.

I was just teasing with the idea. For sure it may open great possibilities for good skins, but it is inevitable that the "vans" will start populating the tracks if this goes forward...

It's just a matter of good taste or the lack of it.
it have probelby allready been named..

but thats an idea that i like to have as a drifter..

prop the windows with stickers.. ^^

oyeah..!
DEMO - It means that I don't know how S2 cars look.
As long as the cars don't look as ugly as the brazilian stock cars (generally, there's so much commercial stuff, the car looks like a van), that would be ok. The area should be limited.
isn't that strip above some of the GTR's windshields skinnable?
it'd be ideal for drifters, i'd really like having a few logos and d1 sponsors on my windows to drift around in, good idea here.
+1

I love the idea, easyer to get your car more custom, and easyer to recognize for other drivers

It also open up for skinners to take designs to a higher(or lower :P ) level
#19 - 5tag
It could be done with another tag in the file name. Say if it's called XFR_w_skin.jpg it would allow to use information of the file for the windows, if you'd rename to XFR_skin.jpg it would show clean windows.

This way old skins wouldn't be effected by the change.
+1 but sun-strips only, maybe with on option to display drivers name on the side & rear windows (text only, like in the early ToCA series of games).
+1, i want my windows to have NACA ducts skinned onto them to make them look like V8Supercars
well, its a +1 for me cause its a good idea, but its a -1 for me because i cant get motivation for a skin as it is :hide:
Quote from logitekg25 :well, its a +1 for me cause its a good idea, but its a -1 for me because i cant get motivation for a skin as it is :hide:

Earlier I thought that your posts sound so retarded because your English isn't the top notch now I see it wasn't language related...
well that was definately a helpful post

now that you have helped absolutely everybody, and moved this thread along smoothly, in efforts to flame me on something that was intended to be a joke......and now i have to defend my dignity *facepalm*

sure my english may not be perfect...but hey, you never know how we write around here where it is our NATIVE LANGUAGE!!!

it may not make sense to you, but a very good portion of people on this forum probably have a very basic and minimal understanding of this language is it is, and i really dont care....wud u rath3r me tlk lk th1s?!1!!1!!1

sure i may also be making posts with english that truely isnt perfect, but i am perfectly fine with that...i have the worst grade out of all my classes in that class. im not going to be a writer, and im perfectly fine with that....people these days :rolleyes:

please continue with the thread
+1

Would be handy skinning the fluro numbers on. Not as big as the Brazilian stock cars though LOL

Skin over the windows
(40 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG