The online racing simulator
lfsforum.com stripped down because of performance problems?
Is it just me or is the lfsforum.com mainpage a bit stripped down. No more statistics viewable, how many poeple are currently online or so...

victor, are you afraid?

EDIT: oh, avatars are also deactivated Victor is searching for some performance!
Probably to reduce bandwidth, etc. TBH, I know Victor's said in the past that bandwidth usage doesn't worry him, so I'm expecting this to be more to reduce cpu and disk load on the box, as things like that can be "expensive" to generate.

Personally I'm just as interested, if not more so, to see how much data the boxes are pushing, and what level of concurrency they're getting, etc. (Victor if you're willing to share, you know where to find me )
well i notice something that this forum pages are slowing down a bit its takeing longer to load up
Glad your here Faster, I though my brain was just speeding up
#5 - ORION
still ways faster than RSC with 4 ppl online though
ahhh anther thing it dont show the green light to say your online
They seem to have blocked the 'goto last post' shortcut too. In firefox it asks to download showthread.php (just a blank page in dreamweaver) and in Internet Explorer it says 'The page cannot be displated'.
Quote from vBulletin @ lfsforum.net :
Most users ever online was 463, Today at 16:39.

That might have something to do with it...
Quote from Janezki :That might have something to do with it...

I think if when the patch is coming, everyone is going nuts, and we might break that "most players online" record of 1019
Maybe victor got sick of all those crazy faces avaters
Quote from sgt.flippy :Maybe victor got sick of all those crazy faces avaters

Bingo!

EDIT: Haha I changed my signature just BEFORE they removed the avatars!
Looks like spanky got his vote
You still can see your faces in that mental avatar/face thread :P
Quote from nosushi :forum got slow server?

im a member on a racingforum.. and it got like 800 people online at the same time every day..

It would appear that the LFS Forums only run on Apache 1.3.27. This means that it runs on a non-threaded, pre-forking web server, which is very dependant on the configuration setup (i.e. once it hits MaxClients the connections just sit waiting), and the hardware. More so than a threaded version of Apache (i.e. 2.x which can be setup as prefork, worker, or event). Of course, since the forums use PHP, threaded setup's aren't such a good choice at the moment, even with ZTS

I'm sure that this forum server isn't that beefy either, so what with the PHP scripts running, the hammering its taking on disk performance from all the DB queries, and what I can only assume to be no caching implemented, it would die
In my opinion. It's forsight. The last few updates. Now none. They are getting ready for a server bash.
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :They are getting ready for a server bash.

They had that today and the forum really went t!ts up
From that comment, you must've missed the total outage of the forums earlier P5YcHoM4N :o
Yeah. I was probably sleeping.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG