The online racing simulator
Your Opinon: How do you think the year went for LFS in your prospective
How did it go for you? Was it good or bad?

Here are a few things that I think was bad in my prospective on LFS,
  1. LFS not yet releasing the VWS
But aswell there were some good times,
  1. New patches came to life
  2. At least one of the onwers of lfs showed they were alive.
Now what do you think?

Please do not spam in this thread!
buy a friend, you will be happier
Racing as racing, but the waiting of new releases kills not just me. Anyway, not that bad tho.
I learned some new techniques, improved my laptimes somewhat and tried different combos, which was fun, surprisingly.
Whilst there wasn't much public release of new stuff, I think it was a good year overall - Rockingham will be a big asset to LFS as will the Scirocco; not necessarily the track or car themselves (the VWS will most likely not interest me), but the changes to the core required to have them - better simulation of tyres, stability control, track surfaces... all of these will ensure that future (and perhaps current but updated) content is of a far higher quality.

Of course, we don't know if the wait will be worth it. But we don't know it won't be. And I'm happy to wait to find out - I'd rather wait a long time and get lots of nice shiny updates than have poor attempts dribbled out to us on a regular basis that require a lot of bugs squashing...

So, good year for LFS.

For the LFS community it was a poor year. More trolls than ever (those that just moan, but are too stupid to go and play something else), more spam than ever and fewer and fewer sensible LFS topics - probably because we've talked about most of them!
Drove in a friendly enduro serries with the XRR on all the Aston configs, I have avoided the GTR's up until now. Must say that the XRR will always be a sentimental favourite now, when set up right it is a sweet drivers car

+1 to Tristans - I'll always be interested in LFS development but have plenty of other things to keep me going in the mean time
-09 Will go down as the year of the whiners, it will be so fun when we look back in -11. And realise how much bullshit went on and how many who left LFS in -09 only to come back in -10 for the new patch as if nothing happend.

Personally -09 went down as a pretty good year.

1. My team has evolved even more, becoming faster and competetive.
2. I have improved my technique a bit.
3. Tried out hosting a gymkhana event, wich then got cancelled due to practical issues and lacking interest. Altough it was a great experience.

-10 will be a even better year. Both for me and for LFS as a game...
How did the year for LFS go? Did I miss something?
I raced LFS 23 days out of 365, not a bad year for me
I only play the game and read the forum to see what new team you will be coming up with that week. It's 52 lots of fun.
Quote from danowat :I raced LFS 23 days out of 365, not a bad year for me

I was bored so did some stats on myslef... seems 09 was my most active year in S2 ever! Although in 04-05 I spent much more time in demo than S2.

09 - 77 days
08 - 58
07 - 50
06 - 51
05 - 65
04 - 67
I raced a total of 7 days in LFS in 2009.. maybe 8 as I did a LFS/NKP mess around with GF. Finished about 10-15 races.

Hardly my most active year.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :I raced a total of 7 days in LFS in 2009.. maybe 8 as I did a LFS/NKP mess around with GF. Finished about 10-15 races.

Hardly my most active year.

You were more active than Tristan has been for two years Tristan peeked quite early giving 04-05 a good bash then dwindled rapidly thereafter. Danowat showed a little more endurance peeking later in 06 before his activity tapped off then fell away sharply in 09.
That's kinda sick... Especially seeing I went "I'm gonna drive in a league" in 2009 :S

I think there needs to be an invitation only LFS league started.. one for people like me.. who drive a few races every year. Pick some fun manly cars like LX6 and FO8, and do that.
Quote from Glenn67 :You were more active than Tristan has been for two years Tristan peeked quite early giving 04-05 a good bash then dwindled rapidly thereafter. Danowat showed a little more endurance peeking later in 06 before his activity tapped off then fell away sharply in 09.

Interesting that I peaked in 06, bad year for me that!!!!
I think the devs should sell LFS to a publisher, e.g. Simbin, which is motivated enough to develop that huge potential that LFS has.
Quote from danowat :Interesting that I peaked in 06, bad year for me that!!!!

Hmm could be a link :drink:is this a good year for you then?

Stats for those that find it interesting, hope you don't mind

Year|Glenn67|Tristan|Danowat|Bawbag|Sidi|Dawesdust_12
09 | 77 | 0 | 23 | 45 | 4 | 1
08 | 58 | 2 | 72 |107 | 15 | 29
07 | 50 | 21| 83 | 82 | 77 | 147
06 | 51 | 81|139|276 |177| 86
05 | 65 |126|80 |55(2)|126|73
04 | 67 |119|57 | n/a | 208| 34
03 |n/a |14 | 23 | n/a|48(3)|n/a
Tot|368|363|477|565|655|370

Can see a pattern forming were us oldies saw LFS peek in 05-06, not exactly a large sample though lol funnily though it fits with my recollection.
Interesting pattern emerging.....
2009 for LFS. Well, I left for over half of the year, and haven't been able to play Multiplayer for some reason or another for the other half. Which is unfortunate.

Head-to-Head Series proved busier than ever at the start of 2009, providing some of the closest action ever. Also added was the Head-to-Head Allstar Cup, which was a huge hit. Unfortunately a bad date was chosen, but overall the live broadcast and event went extremely well.

-------

After a long break away from the community I came back and was stunned at how the community has degraded. So many people complaining about development speed when really they miss the entire point; the game is still be developed in the first place. Considering that development is going on, and huge developments at that; fixing some issues with tire physics, adding a laser scanned real-life track, etc... I think 2009 proved to be a busy and stressful year for the developers who are no doubt putting their heart into the project.

I didn't get to do a few things in LFS I wanted to this year, because of my "silly" (A censored word...) internet connection. But 2010 will give me that chance.
I still want to do a 24 hour race by myself. Just to say I did. It's a mental task I know. Also I wanna do it in an XRG . Someone needs to get another KY3R/LRF+GTR+STD Enduro race going.

That's the only racing thing I still want to do in LFS. I'd race it more recreationally if it wasn't so retarded with servers.

Development speed isn't even important to me. I know stuff will be released when it gets released, I'll be putting down 3 S3 licences when it does. Rockingham will be fun. Scirocco is meh to me. (FWD --> Bad).

So someone, go organize a 24 hour race for me, I need one
How do you find the days online stats
Manually by searching through your races list.
Ha, I still wanna do a 24hr event myself. I have done 6hrs alone with quite well results. Started a 12hr but got frustrated when the higher classed racers were not passing fairly and just rammed me off the track. I will give this another try and practice for that 24hr.

Even in the 6hr event you start to feel fatigue coming in, not only mentally; physically your back starts aching from holding posture for racing so long. I can only imagine what holding your piss for 24hrs would do though, I suppose a bottle next to you would have to work and likely some in-house support would be useful; for a quick snack/drink. I was planning on having a nearby cooler and only drinking/eating/pissing during pitstops making a few pitstops run a little longer - but when the challenge is racing for 24hrs I wouldn't care about my position.

Problem is a lot of the events force a particular number of racers. Even in the DoP 12hr race they forced racers but since I had done the 6hr race alone and approached them directly they were able to let me race alone, I wonder if 2010 is my year.

Slightly off the topic of the thread, but I couldn't resist.
I had approval in the 24 hr race at KY3R.. but then my G25 failed (shorted out ).. It was depressing for me. I even had it all planned out. Pizza on my bed behind me to eat during pitstops/straightaways. Pay my sisters/mom off to bring me coffee, and take a piss during pitstops.

Even if I never finished, it'd be a good bit of research to use for studying the effects of fatigue on a driver. In a sandbox that nobody will die in real life.
Nice, we oughta get together and try getting into the same 24hr race so that we have some 'even' competition. There is no point in competing against the teams of drivers. But to see the effects of fatigue, and challenge myself to overcome it is the primary goal and reason behind my desire to do this. Contact me ahead of time in 2010 when you have plans to, I'll see if my connection is handling multiplayer and if I have the time to do it. Although, I won't do it in a GTR class; LX6 would be the best for my tastes.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG