The online racing simulator
Free roaming layout
(26 posts, started )
Free roaming layout
Already suggested many times before and the developers are probably not going to implement it, because the current code system / engine does not allow to do this easily.
ur suggestion in other words.. Free roaming layout..
That's right. I'm from Croatia, so I'm not so good on english. Thanks for the word.

And please comment.
I'd like the idea
It would be great to use in cruise servers!
I'd like the idea
It would be great to use in cruise servers!
What to say?

Nothing, as it has already been explained in the 2735691285303871801126812 threads about this.

It is possible, but would require a major change in the game engine, so it simply won't happen, sorry.
Can't it be added like another track? Like BL, BL Rally and Car Park... Then 4th BL Free Roam, or BL Cruise.
Quote from matijapkc :Can't it be added like another track? Like BL, BL Rally and Car Park... Then 4th BL Free Roam, or BL Cruise.

LFS game engine requires a closed circuit.
Quote from AndRand :LFS game engine requires a closed circuit.

But this additional open tracks can work as Autocross and BL Car Park.
Quote from misiek08 :But this additional open tracks can work as Autocross and BL Car Park.

Not really. LFS graphic engine can't generate infinity vertex. In AU there are probably less things to draw than in a single corner of SO. So in circuits LFS has to draw only what you can/should see.

If you were able to choose your route, LFS wouldn't be able to predict what should be rendered, leading to a massive FPS drop.
Sure, I didn't thought about SO. There are too much things to show. But I hope devs can do it.
Thinking about this I had an idea. Like the BL carpark, but only much much bigger, so we could build a city on it (we would need buildings instead of those white/red barriers). So the game would think it's another huge carparkwith some objects on it.
Quote from GhostBR :Thinking about this I had an idea. Like the BL carpark, but only much much bigger, so we could build a city on it (we would need buildings instead of those white/red barriers). So the game would think it's another huge carparkwith some objects on it.

LoL
The game engine isn't capable of drawing an entire track in one go, so it has to partition it up and decide which part to draw at any given time. It uses the path of the circuit to choose which parts to draw, so needs a definite route through the map.

The car park only works because it's a tiny part of the whole map (so much of it is not drawn).
Quote from Crashgate3 :The game engine isn't capable of drawing an entire track in one go, so it has to partition it up and decide which part to draw at any given time. It uses the path of the circuit to choose which parts to draw, so needs a definite route through the map.

The car park only works because it's a tiny part of the whole map (so much of it is not drawn).

Ah, I see now.
that can be good to racing, using layouts to do a normal track
Quote from GhostBR :Thinking about this I had an idea. Like the BL carpark, but only much much bigger, so we could build a city on it (we would need buildings instead of those white/red barriers). So the game would think it's another huge carparkwith some objects on it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ejLAPPdl-I

It's possible atm, but you're still limited to 512 objects...
#20 - Dac
I still can't fathom why anybody would need a cruise server :S

It does not have to be used for cruise... It can be used to practise, but to have whole track... And could also be used for cruise.
Probably not, I've no problem removing the link if I'm asked. The only dodgy thing is the car model used, but I've no download links anywhere
maybe just make a way to eliminate the barriers that block us from the other parts of the racetrack. it could be solved with an simple track update (i think, correct me if im wrong)
-
(Si Mclaren) DELETED by Si Mclaren

Free roaming layout
(26 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG