The online racing simulator
graphics
(46 posts, started )
graphics
i went to friend today and i saw that hes lfs grapfhics is much beter then mine like brithnes everyhting is smooth and nice and on my computer and lfs i got all same seting and its like on hes lfs everything is nice lines ar straith and on mine is like small squares and i got beter graphic card he has geforce 7300 gs i got geforce 9600 GT what prolem it could be pleas help. PS IM VERY SORRY FOR MY BAD ENGLISH I HOPE U UNDERSTAND WHAT I MEAN THANK YOU
Quote from C L A S H :i went to friend today and i saw that hes lfs grapfhics is much beter then mine like brithnes everyhting is smooth and nice and on my computer and lfs i got all same seting and its like on hes lfs everything is nice lines ar straith and on mine is like small squares and i got beter graphic card he has geforce 7300 gs i got geforce 9600 GT what prolem it could be pleas help. PS IM VERY SORRY FOR MY BAD ENGLISH I HOPE U UNDERSTAND WHAT I MEAN THANK YOU

Did you apply AA and AF?

Did your friend have the LFS Bloom Addon?, hi res textures?, or stuff like that...

Maybe is that.
AA and AF whats that? umm i dont now if he has something im gona ask him
I bet u guys have different monitors, different monitors always looks the other way. Maybe you have your brightness 0?

A tip: Set your brigthness/gamma max to 70 or some. 100 is not good.
Quote from hazaky :I bet u guys have different monitors, different monitors always looks the other way. Maybe you have your brightness 0?

A tip: Set your brigthness/gamma max to 70 or some. 100 is not good.

mines on 100 ill try 70. I Tied but that's even worse :\
Quote from C L A S H :i went to friend today

If he is your friend ,why don't you ask him what he has, different from yours ? If he is not your friend , a screenshot could be helpfull.
Quote from Ger Roady :If he is your friend ,why don't you ask him what he has, different from yours ? If he is not your friend , a screenshot could be helpfull.

i asked him whay hes lfs looks beter but he dont now too i woudl uplaod hes and mines fotos but now hes sleeping
#8 - pik_d
Well you can start by uploading yours. Are all your settings like in my screenshot? If not, try it.
Attached images
option-graphics-max.jpg
Don't forget to check screen resolution settings also)
Quote from pik_d :Well you can start by uploading yours. Are all your settings like in my screenshot? If not, try it.

Lol poser
Quote from Ger Roady :Lol poser

Nope, this is what LFS looks like for me. And if I'm the only car on the track it can get up to 250fps. A two year old computer can easily max out an eight year old game.
Attached images
thisishowiplay.jpg
That is my too , but to say him to max out all features doesn't help him much i assume. At least not online or with 20 AI's.
Clash : what cpu do you have ?
wrong thread
Quote from pik_d :Well you can start by uploading yours. Are all your settings like in my screenshot? If not, try it.

Compressed skins?

OT: Maybe your friend is using custom (high resolution) textures.
Quote from morpha :Compressed skins?

Yes, there is no reason to use full skins.

Compressed skins = JPG skins are converted to DDS on startup.
Full skins = JPG skins are converted to DDS on-the-fly (when you select car in garage).

You should use full skins only if you are low on disk space.
How about QUALITY as argument for full?

Here's an ingame comparison, left is compressed DXT1, right is JPG 100%:

Zoom is a bit extreme I admit, but it's noticeable from a distance as well.

And attached you'll find another one comparing the actual files.
Attached images
dxt_vs_jpg2.jpg
dxt_vs_jpg.jpg
There's no difference in quality, the only difference is when you're using full skins JPG is converted to DDS on the fly and DDS is passed directly to video card without saving it.
Clearly you are blind because the BMW badge is an ingame screenshot
Converting from JPG results in an uncompressed DX surface, while DDS skins are DXT1 compressed. There is a clearly noticeable difference in quality, both visually and mathematically. Even the ingame help states that conversion to DDS results in loss of details.
Quote from morpha :Clearly you are blind because the BMW badge is an ingame screenshot
Converting from JPG results in an uncompressed DX surface, while DDS skins are DXT1 compressed. There is a clearly noticeable difference in quality, both visually and mathematically. Even the ingame help states that conversion to DDS results in loss of details.

k nvm, i though videocards only accept dds.

I have my settings exactly like yours but my "Total Textures" in memory is 75-76Mb. And your is only 12Mb.
I wonder what the difference is?

Hardware:

Gigabyte mobo
4gigs ram
GTS 250
Dual core 2.6 proccesor
1 TB hard drive 32Mb cache.
The difference is the track,that you have allready loaded and pic_d not. Probably you have "Load track when starting" enabled .
Quote from Toddshooter :I have my settings exactly like yours but my "Total Textures" in memory is 75-76Mb. And your is only 12Mb.
I wonder what the difference is?

He doesn't has a track loaded.

Edit: well F U Roady
Hahaha cool Thanks guys
I dont have feeling that AF 16 looks better or all filtering 0. Text filtering 0 is really bad i think
Quote from L@gger :I dont have feeling that AF 16 looks better or all filtering 0. Text filtering 0 is really bad i think

You have forgotten the sarcasm smiley , right ?

graphics
(46 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG