The online racing simulator
FE4 and GTR, wich is the "faster" ?
Really incredible time was established from Malcomax and Daniel1992 in FE4 with the FXR.
Really incredible.

One time i think that in this track FZR was the fastest ... but now !!!
They have skill and they are experienced drivers

So I dont wonder about those nice times
It's not only a matter of lap time... Maybe FXR is as fast as FZR in this track but there are alot of things you have take into account to know which one you shoud choose
+ FXR
- Easier (less likely to spin)
- Less fuel in tank, faster in the first laps

+ FZR
- Won't flip over (in this track it's pretty important...)
- Doesn't burn tires as much as the FXR

It's up to you to know which one suits you the most
#4 - Dac
When somebody shows me a WR that actually looks realistic then I will give a damn. Drifting into corners, hard braking over the curbs, yeah right.
Drifting in the corners is pretty much okaY?
We know actual tyre physics are too drifty but that's not the topic...
a chicane at 200kph... not real
I agree with u.
Last evolution in last 3 hours:

Daniel 2.15.28
Malcomax 2.15.22
Daniel 2.15.04

The battle is finished ?
they will go under the 2.15 if they continue.
Quote from JPeace :llandow race circuit. in a kart you climb on the kurbs, that is real, dont kid yourself that some of the things you see in lfs cant be real in irl. because they can.

My home track
#12 - Dac
Quote from JPeace :llandow race circuit. in a kart you climb on the kurbs, that is real, dont kid yourself that some of the things you see in lfs cant be real in irl. because they can.

No car racing as far as I know drifts into corners during qualifying or race laps nor do they brake hard going ON the curbs.

I am happy to be wrong if anybody can show a vid for proof, but from every form of real-life motorsports ive seen it doesnt happen. Drifting overheats the tyres, and the curbs offer LESS traction than the rubber covered track tarmac.
Quote from Dac :
I am happy to be wrong if anybody can show a vid for proof, but from every form of real-life motorsports ive seen it doesnt happen. Drifting overheats the tyres, and the curbs offer LESS traction than the rubber covered track tarmac.

now I don't understand why this issue is even brought up.
I thought we were racing in a given set of conditions and physics models.

What you're saying sounds like "this WR is not valid, because the physics allow techniques which are not realistic".. so what? the guys know their game and make a better time than you... bottom line...
Quote from durrri :the guys know their game and make a better time than you... bottom line...

Point! But we all really strives for more accurate driving, but at this time it's possible to do these WR's. But for most of us, we really don't care about a WR when it's made with that approach.
#15 - Dac
Quote from durrri :now I don't understand why this issue is even brought up.
I thought we were racing in a given set of conditions and physics models.

What you're saying sounds like "this WR is not valid, because the physics allow techniques which are not realistic".. so what? the guys know their game and make a better time than you... bottom line...

I wound never question their ability over mine, but the simple fact is that this is a racing simulator not an arcade game. You should treat it as such and drive like you would in the real world. You are able to smash people off the track and continue driving in this simulator, does that mean you should do it? You see my point?

That's why for the most part I am not interested in WR's. I hope it will change in fact it must change in future releases. I tried using Bawbag's hotlap setup and it was clear straight away it's intended to drift into corners, not once have I seen Michael Schumacher, Fernando Alonso or any other professional racing driver use such a technique in open wheel racing.
Quote from Dac : You are able to smash people off the track and continue driving in this simulator, does that mean you should do it? You see my point?

driving style and rules of conduct toward other drivers are two different topics
Quote from Dac : I tried using Bawbag's hotlap setup and it was clear straight away it's intended to drift into corners, not once have I seen Michael Schumacher, Fernando Alonso or any other professional racing driver use such a technique in open wheel racing.

a slight amount of oversteer is favourable with regard to total speed

.. I think that would be a general paraphrase form the advanced setup guide..

in addition, managing to drive a WR setup tends to be very hard for any driver who did not create it - a super fast car is also super hard to control.. ergo the "drift feeling"
#18 - Dac
Quote from durrri :a slight amount of oversteer is favourable with regard to total speed

.. I think that would be a general paraphrase form the advanced setup guide..

in addition, managing to drive a WR setup tends to be very hard for any driver who did not create it - a super fast car is also super hard to control.. ergo the "drift feeling"

A slight amount of oversteer does not mean sliding the arse of the car out all the way into and around the corner whilst keeping the throttle nailed. It's a prime example of where the simulation needs to be improved. It doesn't happen in real life and there's no way you can argue otherwise.
#19 - Dac
Quote from JPeace :you obviously dont watch lewis hamilton much then.

Yes I do. And no, he doesn't do it either. Not that there is anything in particular which suggests he is so different from the other F1 drivers
i miss the old times when some 'biggie' just interfered and rendered the former competitors for the world record harmless.
fzr for sure, i had the wr with a 14.8 but deleted it wenn i deleted all my other hotlaps aswell. there is still a little time in that 14.8 though
#22 - Dac
Quote from JPeace :are you blind?
he turns in agressivly, and so does alonso, this turns the back around slightly, causing a slight slide, or drift, which scrubbs off enough speed to enable him to connect with the apex and get much better exit speed, people in BTCC i have seen doing it too. sorry but i think you are completely wrong about all this and dont know what your talking about.

edit;

Anyways, here, this is Bawbags WR lap, notice the drift into T1 and the heavy braking over the curbs - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qg8Rti_HWU

And this is Hamiltons abu dhabi lap which was 6 tenths quicker than anybody else, so in effect this is his WR lap, notice NO braking over the curbs and NO drifting?? - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjTJOIhdgF0
Quote from Rudy van Buren :fzr for sure, i had the wr with a 14.8 but deleted it wenn i deleted all my other hotlaps aswell. there is still a little time in that 14.8 though

LOL Rudy u're incorrigible!

Why u deleted it ?!?

But FXR is not far now.
#24 - Dac
Quote from JPeace :DAC.

there is no convincing you.
i give up.

You mean to say I have just owned you by showing proof that LFS is not as real as you would like to think it is
Quote from Dac :edit;

Anyways, here, this is Bawbags WR lap, notice the drift into T1 and the heavy braking over the curbs - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qg8Rti_HWU

And this is Hamiltons abu dhabi lap which was 6 tenths quicker than anybody else, so in effect this is his WR lap, notice NO braking over the curbs and NO drifting?? - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjTJOIhdgF0

Try driving the Skip Barber in iRacing some time. It's not stable unless you're on the throttle.

In pro-level motorcycle racing, you see riders sliding the rear at turn-in and exit all the time. At turn-in, it's due to reduced loading on the rear changing the grip balance. On exit, it's due to the power output overwhelming the rear tire.

Generally all vehicles, 2-wheeled and 4, FWD, RWD, and AWD/4WD, are only stable near the limit when the throttle is greater than zero but less than that required to spin the drive wheel(s).

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG