The online racing simulator
#1 - senn
Suggestions: PC Game where i can build a motor?
Does anyone know of a game where this is possible? I vaguely remember someone saying Motor city online was worth a look (don't know if this would work being as the game is 8 years old) but yeah i have the urge to tinker...

Being able to drive a car with the motor u made would be a must.

I'm not talking about "turbo stage 4" engine build, i'm talking something a bit more...adult.
I would be interested as well.

Sounds something I would do on a boring evening.
Gearhead Garage?

Street Racing Redline?

PS: I was on MCO too.
Yes. SRR is a great game. You can basically strip down the whole car.
Quote from DevilDare :Yes. SRR is a great game. You can basically strip down the whole car.

Only if you could find a copy, and then get it to work for more than 5 minutes without crashing. It's a shame it was so buggy because it was a great concept and it worked really well.
Well there is always an "easy" way to solve that.

As for the crashing; Yes.
#8 - senn
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Only if you could find a copy, and then get it to work for more than 5 minutes without crashing. It's a shame it was so buggy because it was a great concept and it worked really well.

Yeah i do remember having a play with the demo, but the bugs made it all but unusable unfortunately. You're right tho, it did seem like an awesome concept.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Only if you could find a copy, and then get it to work for more than 5 minutes without crashing. It's a shame it was so buggy because it was a great concept and it worked really well.

Alot of the bugs are fixed by patches
And you can build a engine in 3d program
#10 - senn
Can you even still buy that game, preferably online, trying to find 2nd hand games is way too time consuming..
Bah i'll check the websites of the companies that made/released it. everything i can find about this game says "buggy as hell, awesome when patched + modded"
so it's gotta be worth a couple bucks at least ;D

EDIT: $19.95 USD. wish it was on steam it'd probably be about $4.99 :P
#12 - senn
OMG does it come with a free diamond/bar of gold? thats crazy expensive, more than even new games!

So There's Street legal racing, and Street legal racing redline. Is it like SLR is #1, SLRR is 2nd in series, or is slrr an addon pack?
SLRR is second in the series.
#14 - senn
gah nowhere that sells it online allows paypal. how pathetic :/
Quote from senn :EDIT: $19.95 USD. wish it was on steam it'd probably be about $4.99 :P

Steam doesn't supports modding games, (if you modify some file Steam automatically redownloads it), so putting SLRR on Steam would be quite useless.
#16 - senn
only if you allow steam to automatically download. I have a flight sim that is modified, and it is not an issue.
iirc it is abandonware now (removed)

google slrr mods.
Quote from Luke.S :iirc it is abandonware now [url="http://#/"]http://www.wat.com/[/url]

You didn't had to post link to site which has LFS mods did you
Reported. Second time recently. :{
what it has lfs mods?
oh crap it does
SLRR is worth a try (Gom-team.com has the full game IIRC), or you can wait for Motor World Online (which is the follow-up of MCO).
Motor World Online is a fanbased-made game. But it isn't out yet.
The skinviewer should be out soon, but I don't know about the game, that could take a while. But I suppose it should be a good game.

Own the game, but have never been able to successfully play it more than 5minutes which is a shame because I think it would great fun.
Autodesk Inventor or Solidworks, combined with Ricardo Wave. Sure one of the few adult examples? Put aside a good month for each component (well, the complex ones, like cam profiles and piston shapes, and combustion chamber shape, and port geometry...).

Should be ready to 'run' in a year or two.

If you want a game, then you might as well stick to "Turbo Stage 4 Kit", because that's as realistic as it'll get.
Quote from tristancliffe :Autodesk Inventor or Solidworks, combined with Ricardo Wave. Sure one of the few adult examples? Put aside a good month for each component (well, the complex ones, like cam profiles and piston shapes, and combustion chamber shape, and port geometry...).

Should be ready to 'run' in a year or two.

If you want a game, then you might as well stick to "Turbo Stage 4 Kit", because that's as realistic as it'll get.

You forgot matlab/simulink for the simulation part
Also all cool adults use Catia these days.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG