The online racing simulator
What is, What has Happened
(111 posts, started )
I agree with fordman,

The expectation of the new tyre physics is completely blinding a lot of racers from just enjoying the races...
it's still a lot of good fun to stay a car's length ahead of somebody for the entire 5 laps... (just to F up the last turn and have him win ;ppp)

WILL keep enjoying the sim until it gets all better.. (fanboy alert!!!)
x motor racing
Quote from jjones :http://www.xmotorracing.com/index.html Came across this sim, check it out,

On the "About us" page it says:

Quote :Exotypos and Lynce Digital Art - Javier Ferreira.

That's Lynce from this forum, who made texture packs and reflection mods and whatnot. Apparently he's a co-developer
Last time I checked that thing was a huge piece of garbage. Maybe it's better now

E: Yes, it has been massively improved. Now it's only a medium sized piece of garbage.
Quote from AndroidXP :Last time I checked that thing was a huge piece of garbage. Maybe it's better now

E: Yes, it has been massively improved. Now it's only a medium sized piece of garbage.

I do agree. What a peace of garbage, no other sim ive played can top LFS
Quote from obsolum :That's Lynce from this forum, who made texture packs and reflection mods and whatnot. Apparently he's a co-developer

Can't really blame him, he offered the entire Revolution Pack, with licences in order and (AFAIK) all legal obstructions taken care of. Scavier wasted a huge opportunity

Quote from Kristi :http://www.xmotorracing.com/cars.html
MHRT reminds me of something...

Quote from AndroidXP :No, really? :rolleyes:

Here's an interesting bit from the FAQ:
Quote :I'm with the Formula Student team at the University of Glasgow and noticed that McGill University used your software for simulation purposes. I was wondering if you could tell me if a student license costs any different to a personal or business license.

Edit: Just tried the Demo, it's terrible, but ambitious. I was pleased to see OpenAL, which lead me to believe there would be proper 3D sound. Well, it's helpful for the skid sounds, but why the engine note, or rather exhaust note, is coming from the front (not even slightly panned towards the rear) is beyond me, especially in a "Doxter", which is mid-engined (i.e. I should be hearing actual engine noise from behind me).
-
(AndRand) DELETED by AndRand
Hi Guys

The thing is, there was not quite so many "variables" to adjust to
it felt like driving/racing mostly/kinda (wheel, feedback and the experience felt realish enough ), and there was great RESPECT for other good players.
i loved it, hell im competative in mario karts, thats whats it was about!
Racing people on a fair playing field like a gentelman,yeh yeh racing aint quite like that in real life, but an honest win is the only win.
lol read it twice at least, makes no sense to me, i was a fanatic who packed it up when it all got to hard. Know were your coming from Fordman.
Hi to all the old skewl out DEFFX
For the guys complaining about progress, lack of new content, etc. If you don't like the game, or are tired about running the same cars/tracks over and over, just leave it. Simple. Actually, it probably motivates the devs much more if the community starts to significantly decrease than people moaning around on forums.
Maybe LFS can grow in the S3 if they put the open code for letting people upgrade it, or maybe not. The thing is, that in other games many people did very good jobs, for example Richard Burns Rally which is ,i believe, from 2003, is still played by many people, and the people made fabulous cars for the exception of the Group B class, because RBR programmers/developers or SCI didn´t let player-developers to do it.
I know is the infinite discussion, but maybe the community would help in S3 if they let us do it. All it need to be is a filter from the developers to say what is good and what is not. I think that it´s clearly obvious that they need help, but they don´t want it for whatever the reasons they´ve got.

What is, What has Happened
(111 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG