The online racing simulator
Shifter Config
(6 posts, started )
Shifter Config
I've rencenty bought a G25 wheel and am trying to get my head around the paddle, sequential and gate shifting and why different shift modes won't work with different cars.
I've edited the scrips as explained at the bottom of the page here so that the shift mode changes to suit each car.
My question is, can I configure any car to use any of the three shift modes. For example, the XFR defaults to sequential but can I make it run in H gate shifting. Ive tried editing the XFR.lfs file to read 'run road' (H gate) but it won't work.

Any idea?

Mick
The XFG should be H-gate in default.
Sorry. I meant XFR. Always muddling those two up. Yes, XFG is H gate.

Lofty
No, you can not use the H-shifter with GTR cars, and that includes the XFR. You also can not use the H-shifter with the Formula cars if I'm not mistaken. You can use sequential shifting or paddles for all the cars.
To expand on this a little, the reason for this restriction is that every car actually has a fixed simulated gearbox type - it's not just "roleplaying" to use the most realistic one. The road-type and "older" sports cars have H-gate boxes, whereas all other cars have sequential ones with the BF1 being the only one actually using paddles. I guess you already saw the list on the script guide.

Now one restriction sequential gearboxes have is that they are, as their name indicates, strictly sequential. To go from 5th to 2nd you need to go 5th-4th-3rd-2nd - there's no way around that. If the H-gate shifter mode could be used for such a car, this would allow you to "cheat" by immediately going from 5th to 2nd. The other way round (using a sequential shiftmode for H-gate cars) is of course possible, since nothing stops you from going through every gear in a H-gate box.
Thanks for all your help Gents. You've confirmed what I thought, or more to the point, confimed what I couldn't get to work.

Mick

Shifter Config
(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG