The online racing simulator
Improvements - Suggestion thread
Hi racers,

We want iTCC to be the best, and most exciting, league in LFS. Please use this thread to make suggestions or start debate about improvements to the iTCC.

If you have any ideas about how we can improve the show (enjoyment of the racing by the drivers OR enjoyment of the show by the viewers) then please feel free to make your opinions known.

Cheers,

Joe Keaveney
Quote from Joe_Keaveney :Hi racers,

We want iTCC to be the best, and most exciting, league in LFS. Please use this thread to make suggestions or start debate about improvements to the iTCC.

If you have any ideas about how we can improve the show (enjoyment of the racing by the drivers OR enjoyment of the show by the viewers) then please feel free to make your opinions known.

Cheers,

Joe Keaveney

Hire that Palmer guy back to do commentary.

Oh and hire back that Passo guy too.

Oh and even better still, hire back that evil scotsman boothy. I loved his witty and good insight. Surely covered up well when those doofuses P & P failed to notice sod all.

Give us a XRR aswell has same downsides as the fxr turbo bases would just require some proper testing to make sure there closes as possible
Quote from rudy van buren :give us a xrr aswell has same downsides as the fxr turbo bases would just require some proper testing to make sure there closes as possible

+1
You say you want the racing closer, so why not have FIXED (meaning unchangable) wing/down force settings?
those fixed wing settings need quiet much time to check them... -> decreases the show-factor for the viewers
Quote from Rudy van Buren :Give us a XRR aswell has same downsides as the fxr turbo bases would just require some proper testing to make sure there closes as possible

As much as I love the XRR, I don't think it would be fun for viewers to watch (or for some drivers). Reason being, the XRR would be faster down the straights, while FXRs will dominate the shorter tracks.

So at fast tracks you'll hear, "The FXR drivers will be at a heavy disadvantage today as the XRR drivers are quicker down the straights and throughout these fast corners"

And at the slower tracks, "The XRRs are getting destroyed through these slow corners by the FXRs AWD. Watch it as it pulls away, this might destroy [insert name]'s chances on winning the championship."

So still love XRR, I just don't see it right for here.

Quote from scotty2888 :You say you want the racing closer, so why not have FIXED (meaning unchangable) wing/down force settings?

Having one car fixed is enough IMO. The more you 'fix' the more closer the times are, resulting in pushing people around in order to pass.

Sorry for downing the two suggestions, I just see too many downsides to them.

Oh, and +1 to deko.
#9 - J@tko
Quote from PMD9409 :So still love XRR, I just don't see it right for here.

Same. I might be crap in it, but it's such a nice car to drive.

On the fixed set-up theme, I think that the sets are near enough to each other anyway, people might be a tad quicker in a straight line and then slower in the corners. In a single-car series, it gives you that little advantage that you can utilise to get past people.

Don't necessarily think this is an awesome idea [on the fence tbh], but what about having a "sprint" race then a "feature" race with pitstops? If anything there was "too much" (lol!) action last season, and having pit stops would put a bit of strategy into it, aswell as [hopefully] causing less crashes

Apart from that I really can't think of any other suggestions? Moving the start time to avoid gastronomical clashes might help, but not sure that's really top of the improvements list Will start time be the same as last season?
Quote from J@tko :
Don't necessarily think this is an awesome idea [on the fence tbh], but what about having a "sprint" race then a "feature" race with pitstops? If anything there was "too much" (lol!) action last season, and having pit stops would put a bit of strategy into it, aswell as [hopefully] causing less crashes

Nooo!!!! I loved last season's format. Who doesn't want action? These are suggestions Jack, not things to bore viewers with.
What I'd like to see are heavier penalties for avoidable crashes under yellow flags and of course chatting while the grid is being sorted.
Quote from Hypothraxer :What I'd like to see are heavier penalties for avoidable crashes under yellow flags and of course chatting while the grid is being sorted.

And don't spectate when you roll!!!!! My front tyres liked SC periods
Quote from J@tko : On the fixed set-up theme, I think that the sets are near enough to each other anyway, people might be a tad quicker in a straight line and then slower in the corners. In a single-car series, it gives you that little advantage that you can utilise to get past people.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. In South City I didn't stand a chance because I was ~3 - 5 km/h slower on the straights than anyone else. On the other hand I received a 'very good' setup for Fern Bay - and drove the fastest lap in session 3 there. I'm not sure what would've happened if I had such a good setup for all races. So it can still make quite the difference
Quote from Joe Keaveney :
If you have any ideas about how we can improve the show

Let me in without shootouts, I'll crash enough for everyone to make the show better
Id imagine theres going to be a huge entry list... So my suggestion would be to pick the best x amount of drivers from the entry list and leave x amount of places for a shootout each round, or have 2 servers with 2 races :\
Can we ban bumpdrafting?

/opens can of worms
I quite like that Pit stop idea, just put in a pit window and see the action(or note) unfold
Quote from AstroBoy :I quite like that Pit stop idea, just put in a pit window and see the action(or note) unfold

Ok but if you include a pitstop then tyres must be changed, otherwise in my view its not really a pitstop, more of a drive through the pitlane with a stop and go.
#21 - Foqs
J@tko, whats wrong with bumpdraft?
It is just part of racing imo.
Quote from Foqs :J@tko, whats wrong with bumpdraft?

Just like rubbin's racing.
Quote from Foqs :J@tko, whats wrong with bumpdraft?

I've barely seen bumpdrafting in road course racing... but in oval racing... unless there'll be a round at Ky1 it would be worth a thought banning it
Don't go there again please... If you don't like bumpdrafting, don't bumpdraft.
If you don't like bumpdrafting, gtfo.

Improvements - Suggestion thread
(93 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG