The online racing simulator
And how is that funny?
Quote from BlueFlame :And how is that funny?

Fat big dick man! You should be laughing your way to hell by now.
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :Fat big dick man! You should be laughing your way to hell by now.

All the way to the bank, to the bank i tell ya.
I was scrolling down the page and got to "what's the block on every post", checked it...

and I then read further down the image...

shit, I'm a neckbeard.

edit*

That feel when i dont remember when i played anything that is remotely challenging
I think it was psx and maybe ps2 although very few games.
Happend to me all the time when playing "Driver" on PS back in the times.
However, I usually smashed the shit out of the controller.
Yeah driver was great plus the adrenaline rush when you had all city police on your ass, around 30 percent health and rain adding to the atmosphere.
(Yeah thats right even driver had rain and its too technologically advanced for LFS )
Or heart pounding in your ears when you managed to survive over 60 second in survival mode.
And I think driver 2 was even better (not as hard as the first one tho), chasing the Jericho trough Havana, helicopter chases, that was great, not to mention great physics, i could feel those cars weight about 1000 kg when taking corners.
Parallel lines sucked tho, cars behaved like wooden boxes on a wheels, insta brakes and generally lack of atmosphere.
Quote from Chupacabras84 :Yeah driver was great plus the adrenaline rush when you had all city police on your ass, around 30 percent health and rain adding to the atmosphere.
(Yeah thats right even driver had rain and its too technologically advanced for LFS )
Or heart pounding in your ears when you managed to survive over 60 second in survival mode.
And I think driver 2 was even better (not as hard as the first one tho), chasing the Jericho trough Havana, helicopter chases, that was great, not to mention great physics, i could feel those cars weight about 1000 kg when taking corners.
Parallel lines sucked tho, cars behaved like wooden boxes on a wheels, insta brakes and generally lack of atmosphere.

1: Rofl, agree

2: It was a better game, however it had it's technically problems, the FPS was bad for a console game. Still, enjoyed the game! Survival mode... holy shit, that was awesome!

3: Agree, shitstorm it was.
Yes! Survival mode, San Francisco and jumping on those 40° roads
Yeap hoping down the road while police cars where flying over under or next to you, crashing head on with insane speed, civilian cars entering the earth orbit
Shit was addicting as fck
Now that I remembered all the great time i had i might end up playing it again.
Quote from Nadeo4441 :Yes! Survival mode, San Francisco and jumping on those 40° roads

Quote from Chupacabras84 :Yeap hoping down the road while police cars where flying over under or next to you, crashing head on with insane speed, civilian cars entering the earth orbit
Shit was addicting as fck
Now that I remembered all the great time i had i might end up playing it again.

Rofl!!
Best trick was to slide on your side, then get hit by a cop and then given a free trip to mars. Worked well the other way around, and damn, **** the poor civilians lol.

I miss such great games, why not make a remake, completely same game, just in aaaaawesome graphics and a little better physics, aswell as make Destruction Derby 2 in HD too plox

****, almost got the urge to get really ****ing drunk, and play PS all night long!
Driver is like three pounds on ps store, looks like shit now though haha
I still play some older titles from nes/snes/psx on emulators, and even buy games for my ps2, (need to buy new ps2 because in the old one laser might die soon) so I am not totally spoiled by modern graphics and cant take a few pixels here and there

Beside older games tend to have very interesting solutions when it comes to gameplay and often are quite complex (good story, pretty decent level of difficulty, lot of side quests and stuff that needs to be linked in some way and researched to get something).
Now even games that are considered innovative are tend to concentrate on graphics, some trippy colours, ambient sound and mindfck ending, usually its enough for the game to be called innovative, when in fact its in most cases just a simple platformer in 2d (cuz thats artsy now)
Argh. For me it was sometimes the other way around. In some games you can try some levels more than once to try t beat your record. Well, I passed on my first try but restarted because "sure I can do better than that". After 2 hours and couple hundred tries later fffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu... How the hell did I do this on my first try...
And its not like I am bitchin just because i have my nostalgia googles on, truth told while wandering trough virtual corridors, open closets, check whats behind the doors I often find that everything its pretty much shallow and lifeless.
I mean you open the door, you walk in the room you see a cabinet, some books some boxes, chairs and cups you can throw around the room thanks to advanced physics and thats it, there is no easter eggs, clues to the plot or anything to read its just ragdol physics and stuff you can throw, pick up and put somewhere else there is nothing to do here.
You go to the next room and situation repeat itself, there is some stuff you can throw, maybe a body you can shoot at to cover wall with blood and put it in some funny position, maybe again some plants and bottles you can shatter with your bullets but there is nothing to do beside it.
You go ahead to fight the boss watch the cutscene when maich character speaks with someone in angry, manly voice while camera circling around and you start the next level.

I guess its come from the fact that back in the days they didnt concentrate on graphics so much, physics was how it was so the main redeeming features of the game was originality and gameplay, also no one build rooms just so you can go in that room and throw some boxes around and shoot at the bottles, if there was a room then you would definetelly find there something, documents/books/newspaper to read, people to talk or something, no one wasted their efforts on building empty rooms just so game can appear complex and non linear.

I mean lot of games really feel empty and shallow now.
While older games somehow make better job at creating universe that is alive and full of stuff to do and discover.
I think older games are romanticized about partly because we were all alot younger playing them. Alot of old games were classics for good reasons, but there were some bad ones too. All I ask from modern games now is that they aren't created with a quirk feature (such as slo-mo button or such).

Happy new year everyobodey.
One more off topic reply we can manage, yes?

In regard of the old vs new discussion above, I just wanted to say I agree. These days, as long as it looks good and have some neat sollution, the game is superb. In the old days it was the technical aspects of the game and the story itself that had they main part of the focus. I yet have to see a good Driver game for this generation's consolles for example.

Also the part about physics vs orginality, totaly agree with you there chap!
Quote from Boris Lozac :

Happy new year everyobodey.

Nothing happy about it, usual 1st January headache and sickness every bloody year.
can't eat anything...even if i try, every freaking food tastes like champagne...

edit*
Quote from -NightFly- :Nothing happy about it, usual 1st January headache and sickness every bloody year.
can't eat anything...even if i try, every freaking food tastes like champagne...

This thread is closed

The inevitable picture thread III: Revenge of the funnies
(14533 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG