The online racing simulator
LFS - Live Forever (keep it sideways)
(15 posts, started )
Finally I made it. "huh" Making this video I had to go through 50 replays (since 27June) and every replay was about 1h-2h long. At the end of a day I had 30Gb of material (77files). Oh, and between I still have left 9Gb of material.

Please notice this: Video is not about editing (not much) or stuff like that, its about DRIFTING

Almost forgot to say sorry about poor camera work. I've been on LFS for 3 years, but I really have never knew / tried option - view smoothness. I used 0.10 all the time and I was wondering why my cam work is so shaky, but one guy at youtube said me to change smoothness for about 2.50 (max), I tried it and realized my issue. Sorry again, I promise it wont happen again (I know I'm an idiot). Hopefully you'll like.
enjoy it or hate it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXHSNMDOBns

You can visit my channel and check out my other vids. Rate. Comment. Subscribe.
5 stars, favourited. One of best drifting video's made in Latvia.

Squid, keep your mouth closed
Typical drifting movie.

It's not bad but I was bored after 1 minute.
Quote from zeugnimod :Typical drifting movie.

Why would YOU enter a thread with "sideways" in title? It's like JDM fans vs USDM fans in videos about japanese video's. It's old. ffs.
Video was good, just work on your camera smoothening (which you already know).
Quote from Shadowww :Why would YOU enter a thread with "sideways" in title?

Why would I not?

There have been drifting videos in the past that I liked a lot.

This isn't one of them. But it could have been. So why shouldn't I watch the video?
#7 - Mysho
I like it a lot. Maybe because I like drifting itself, this definitely wasn't a boring vid. But what I hate is your Fern Bay grass, it's SO green, not sure if it was done via editing, or it's proper dds, but it looks kind of legoish... Also good music - 5/5.
Quote from Shadowww :5 stars, favourited. One of best drifting video's made in Latvia.

thanks, but I dont know about that best one.

Quote from PMD9409 :Video was good, just work on your camera smoothening (which you already know).

Quote from Mysho :I like it a lot. Maybe because I like drifting itself, this definitely wasn't a boring vid. But what I hate is your Fern Bay grass, it's SO green, not sure if it was done via editing, or it's proper dds, but it looks kind of legoish... Also good music - 5/5.

I have pretty much green grass dds file, but when I added effects and you see what happened, sorry, but at least you liked drifting and vid it self.

Quote from zeugnimod :Typical drifting movie.
It's not bad but I was bored after 1 minute.

I understand you, It's just matter of taste. I cant make vid which would like to every single viewer, there will always be someone who wont like it.
Peace
Hate to say that, but I agree with zeugnimod... It's not bad because it's drift, but because it's just too... usual. Try to play a bit more with camera, think about what and why are you shooting. Give it something special, something yours. Technicaly, it is good job, but that's just not enough.
Quote from Shadowww :

I did, my jaw is rarely dropping wide open when I see LFS movies

About the video.
The editing was clean enough, the action was quite nice, and the overall FPS and scenes were good.
You know about the camerawork, and that's good, means you'll improve in your next video.
BUT (please hold in agonizing anticipation of me sledgehammering the video...well, not this time)

Zeugnimod has a point. Plain and simple, a bit more variety in camera positioning, and a bit more complex drift tricks would make this video a lot better. It does tend to get repetitive and a bit boring after a few minutes.
Quite a long time ago, when halfway done with the movie I noticed the same problem - being boring, we had to gather some people on a parking lot track in BL and do polkas (it was still fresh back then) and the UFO...we then added 10 seconds of comic relief in between the 2 big scenes splitting the movie in 2, and it made a 6 min movie easily watchable in one stint...

7,5/10 it deserves
thanks for advices guys
That is awsomenes I love the music and the vid togetter it makes for a vid i actualy watched al the way.

Wich is rare
Quote from Chrisuu01 :That is awsomenes I love the music and the vid togetter it makes for a vid i actualy watched al the way.

Wich is rare

thanks, thanks, thanks. I really appreciate that.

(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG