The online racing simulator
How did this baby survive?
(27 posts, started )
#1 - iMCk.
Once I saw this I was like how on earth did this baby survive.
Man oh man, this baby only suffered a bump to the head how lucky is that?!

Quote :A six-month-old baby suffered just a bump to the head when his pram was hit by a train after it toppled on to tracks at Ashburton station in south-east Melbourne.

Watch for yourselves..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fO7cVSAstA
Luck.
Never take your hands off the buggy without engaging the brakes in a dangerous environment like a train platform :rolleyes:
That's really simply. The bump in the head comes from the impact with the ground, but the train simply just drove above the kid that were lying between the rails. The rails are pretty high, but not high enough to cover the baby's hight, but the trains often has high ground clearance aswell.

If you lie down between the rails, you would at most cases be unhurt, the train simply goes above 'ya
Really lucky, The architect who designed a train platform that is angled downwards towards the rails should be given 40 lashes!
Jesus, I cannot begin to imagine the horror the mother must have felt as she watched her baby topple down on to the train tracks seconds before the train arrived Must have been absolutely horrible.

She'll never leave the pram unattended again for even a second, I'm sure.
Quote from mcintyrej :Really lucky, The architect who designed a train platform that is angled downwards towards the rails should be given 40 lashes!

That can be caused by many things. If it's an old station it can be the naturall eviroment that makes the station lean towards one direction and creating that hill.

But then again, in old days they did not think, so yeah
#7 - senn
Natural selection almost had a win there. Pity.
Baby was strapped in.
Woah
In america the baby would've looked like cherry flavored pudding. The clearance in america's trains are considerably lower, when you see those videos of people jumping under the trains and coming back up, those are mostly in europe.
mh..
why these ingineurs arent so clever and install an door like on roalercoaster entry?..
Quote from obsolum :Jesus, I cannot begin to imagine the horror the mother must have felt as she watched her baby topple down on to the train tracks seconds before the train arrived Must have been absolutely horrible.

She'll never leave the pram unattended again for even a second, I'm sure.

yeah it must be absolutely horrible to see your kid fall down from the platform you can see that on her acting aswell but **** i would have been scared and very frightened of my baby (?)
Quote from Heiko1 :mh..
why these ingineurs arent so clever and install an door like on roalercoaster entry?..

Because then the trains would have to stop at the exact spot where the doors of the train are aligned with the doors/gates of the platform. Not an easy thing to do with a train, I think
#14 - JJ72
Not really, many places have platform doors. (even some lines in paris has it!, no way Germany should find it hard )
#15 - 5haz
We should have them everywhere in this country, the number of times everyone gets held up for hours because someone has thrown themselves under a train, how selfish.

I still dont get how it happened though, did she think the brakes on the pram were on and they were not or something? Why else would someone just let the pram go like that?
Quote from The Very End :That's really simply. The bump in the head comes from the impact with the ground, but the train simply just drove above the kid that were lying between the rails. The rails are pretty high, but not high enough to cover the baby's hight, but the trains often has high ground clearance aswell.

If you lie down between the rails, you would at most cases be unhurt, the train simply goes above 'ya

Please Please Please, don't tell me you tried that and found out!

Must of been really lucky but it lived which is always a good thing!
Quote from mcintyrej :Really lucky, The architect who designed a train platform that is angled downwards towards the rails should be given 40 lashes!

And the mother who let the pram slide towards the rails should be in jail.
When a bad thing occurs the parents are never guilty,whatever the case is.
Let each person take their responsibility,a mother should never do that.
Quote from Heiko1 :mh..

Because people are supposed to be smart enough to keep themselves out of harm's way. Natural selection, as senn pointed out, usually takes care of those who are not. This baby and its mother are the lucky exception.
Quote from morpha :Because people are supposed to be smart enough to keep themselves out of harm's way. Natural selection, as senn pointed out, usually takes care of those who are not. This baby and its mother are the lucky exception.

Never ever count on people being smart. That's a sign of stupidity

Also, what has this baby done wrong? It's not like he could help it, is it? Insensitive pricks.
Quote from morpha :Because people are supposed to be smart enough to keep themselves out of harm's way. Natural selection, as senn pointed out, usually takes care of those who are not. This baby and its mother are the lucky exception.

A few months ago ,in Italy, a girl died because she was crossing the rails(which were provided with level crossing)while the train was passing by.
She had both her headphones at a so high volume that she couldn't hear the train.
The same day the father was complaining because,according to him,the level crossing was not safe and bla bla bla.
Now,whose fault was it?If you are stupid enough to risk your life in a such ridicolous way you can't blame anyone but you.
Quote from obsolum :Never ever count on people being smart. That's a sign of stupidity

Also, what has this baby done wrong? It's not like he could help it, is it? Insensitive pricks.

Every parent wants to shout to the world his right to have a child but very few can actually take care of them.
There are a pretty much infinite amount of deaths caused by stupid parents or behaviours.In this case the baby isn't clearly the stupid one.A mother should never let a pram go by itself,damn,did she know she was so close to the rails and the train was coming?I can't really believe how reckless some people are.
I have seen a similar cases in my life.
#22 - senn
It's not the babies fault. Back in the bad old days, this kinda retarded behaviour is what kept the world population in check. Now that we're all being wrapped in cotton wool, the world is over populated, and becoming more so every day. I'm saying this, knowing full well, i could be killed cos i might not look both ways when crossing the road, or pull out into oncoming traffic, or be killed at work etc. You can't save the world, and we all have to die some time. If what you want is a world with so many people we are cramped cattle, please, carry on as we, the human race are at the moment.
Quote from The Very End :That's really simply. The bump in the head comes from the impact with the ground, but the train simply just drove above the kid that were lying between the rails. The rails are pretty high, but not high enough to cover the baby's hight, but the trains often has high ground clearance aswell.

Actually there's room for 2 under there!

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/01/03/nyregion/03life.html
On the subject of natural selection, seen today on a firework safety leaflet:

"Do not put sparklers in pockets."
"Never throw fireworks."

Do people really have to be told this? If they're stupid enough to do these things, you could probably take these warnings off and let the problem solve itself And the world would be safer as these people wouldn't rear-end you on the freeway/accidentally burn your apartment building down in the future...
Quote from TiJay :On the subject of natural selection, seen today on a firework safety leaflet:

"Do not put sparklers in pockets."
"Never throw fireworks."

Do people really have to be told this? If they're stupid enough to do these things, you could probably take these warnings off and let the problem solve itself And the world would be safer as these people wouldn't rear-end you on the freeway/accidentally burn your apartment building down in the future...

People are stupid by nature.
You have to tell them to wear a helmet while riding a motorbike because they can't bother to think about it.Most of the time there isn't a second chance.Not to talk about the "iknowhowtodriveandidontneedtheseatbelts,theyareforgays" group.
It's not really a problem if they kill themselves because of stupid behaviours.

(27 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG