The online racing simulator
My new fz5 drifting video :)
(12 posts, started )
Got bored after about a minute.
Quote from [SWE]RE :Got bored after about a minute.

Thats almost the whole video xD

Yeah, I got bored too, sorry. Also, read the guide, a lot of usefull stuff there :P
#4 - dadge
14 seconds for me.
default cams=no no. sorry, that's all i watched.
Quote from Tomhah :Thats almost the whole video xD

Yeah, I got bored too, sorry. Also, read the guide, a lot of usefull stuff there :P

Oh yea.. look at that. Good point. Well then, I was so bored I didn't even pay attention to how long the video is. xD
Quote from [SWE]RE :Oh yea.. look at that. Good point. Well then, I was so bored I didn't even pay attention to how long the video is. xD

xD
Wow, a stunning video! Can't wait to see more!
You guys should feel ashamed of yourselves putting him down like that with your links to tutorials and stating his mistakes!
Yeah, now I know how "non ****s" on this forum feel like... anyway, turned the vid off at around 20 seconds
It was a good video, but you can improove at many points.
- Add music, makes it more interresting to watch.
- Different cameras, TAKE EM CLOSER, I CAN SEE YOUR CAR
- Effects, maybe add some shaking cameras when the car is nearby. Or something.
- Better quality. You need to have a video card that can run lfs on full.
As the others, i got bored after 1 min, but kept watching one more painfully minute, nah kidding :P
Go on, try make another one, after reading the lfs video tutorial
#9 - kaynd
Well I tried and watched the whole video. It is boring because it’s all about the “look I can drift” thing.
From the drifting perspective: You can hold a drift angle for long enough which is pretty easy in current LFS physics, especially in FZ5. But that’s it. Lines are kind of random and especially corner exits (you are supposed to straighten the car as you reach corner exit if you don’t have to hold another line for the next corner.)
As for the video:
I can see some interesting custom cameras but they are all with that huge FOV. The car should cover a significant amount of our screen in order to see it. A camera that has enough FOV to cover everything you want to show us in a single shot is not a solution here, unless your point is to show us the track and not the car action.

If you make another video, try and use the camera in a more effective way.
Music and basic effects are not so hard to implement. Just don’t start throwing around random effects or fast pace music with slow video action.
As for quality, try to stay in 32bits and use as low resolution as it needs to run so you can record. It may look awful in your screen but for a video even 640*480 is enough.
Quote from squidhead :You guys should feel ashamed of yourselves putting him down like that with your links to tutorials and stating his mistakes!

Don't let Broken catch wind of this...
Sorry,but :sleep2:

Thank you guys, I appreciate your honesty
Especially thanks to Kaynd for hints
I need some practice

(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG