Night Weather
(41 posts, closed, started )

Poll : Night Weather

Yes
Dont Care
No
Dont Know
Night Weather
Ok guys now we have got the lights to use dont you think it would be cool to have a night mode to use them in not a mod or anything a weather what is properly in the game just a thought.
GOOD IDEA
Is 'night' a type of weather?

Anyways, this has been suggested too much.
Please, read the first few lines of the many times suggested improvements here first.
Yeah, this has *never* been suggested before :P
Quote from fwj515 :Ok guys now we have got the lights to use

The problem is, though, that the lights don't actually project any light. They're basically just a kind of dds layer over the normal headlights. So at night they'd be completely useless, you probably wouldn't even see them.

That being said, night racing can be a blast. I've done it a number of times in the HistorX mod for rFactor and it's brilliant.
Quote from obsolum :That being said, night racing can be a blast. I've done it a number of times in the HistorX mod for rFactor and it's brilliant.

Made some night rally stages on PS1 a billion years ago, even that was amazing...

Someday we'll get that, but maybe my grandchildren will race at night in LFS instead of me.
Quote from PedraumF :Someday we'll get that, but maybe my grandchildren will race at night in LFS instead of me.

That's what I call staying positive
Haha
Well, night racing / day/night weather probally will come, but in the future.
So don't expect it to arrive tomorrow
I believe we will race at night in the years later
I'd expect most people are more interested in actually having a shifting time of day rather than the static choices which exist at present- that means one would expect to see a number of improvements in the LFS lighting system if night racing were to become a possibility.

I was on LFS early this afternoon and it's really feeling, looking and sounding rather old and underwhelming to me. The old wisdom of 'having a break and coming back' isn't working personally, I think I've had enough of LFS in its current incarnation.
I'm with Electrik Kar here - I'd much rather see a race start with one condition but have the chance of changing mid-race. Obviously this might be a bit of a stretch in pick-up races, but for anything over 10 or 15 laps, changing from wet to dry or day to night would be really interesting.

I'd just like to draw something to everyone's attention though.
If there's no plan to add proper dynamic lighting at some point soon, why would Scawen bother to program the lights as a switch? They have no function otherwise. Think about it

Mmm, stoke that fire baby. How long til the rumour mill starts now, eh?
And how many servers at the moment use anything but bright daylight and no wind?
If dynamic weather and lighting came along, I fear it would be a brief experience before most return back to hotlap conditions.
Actually changing weather would be completely awesome for pickup racing.. Having only a few laps, do you pit for rain tyres or do you go on with your slicks and hope for the best
If the devs were to implement nights in to LFS it would make the most sense to me implement day-night cycle at the same time.
Night would require reworking the lighting anyway so might as well make it dynamic, allowing any state between full night and middle of the day.
Quote from Dajmin :
I'd just like to draw something to everyone's attention though.
If there's no plan to add proper dynamic lighting at some point soon, why would Scawen bother to program the lights as a switch? They have no function otherwise. Think about it

...Because it only took 5 minutes and 17 seconds? And because it looks nice.
Good idea man.Cause im board sick of day...HEY MAYBE WITH SOME OF THE CARS WE SHOULD HAVE NEON UNDER THE CAR!!!

would that be a good idea???
Quote from RMZ125 :HEY MAYBE WITH SOME OF THE CARS WE SHOULD HAVE NEON UNDER THE CAR!!!

:sadbanana
I voted no. I don't want a silly 'night' mode or setting.

I would vote yes for a variable weather and lighting system, but not for 'night mode'.
Quote from tristancliffe :I voted no. I don't want a silly 'night' mode or setting.

I would vote yes for a variable weather and lighting system, but not for 'night mode'.

what's the matter, got no night vision?
SS has no headlights....
No, I just don't see the point of spending time making a night mode that would be better spent making a complete day/night & weather system that would be far better in the long term.

If you want night mode, change the textures and turn down the brightness on your screen (and possibly contrast up, so that 'lights' appear brighter.
Quote from tristancliffe :No, I just don't see the point of spending time making a night mode that would be better spent making a complete day/night & weather system that would be far better in the long term.

I think this is what most people want. A complete 24 hour cycle, with adjustable time multiplier, for a lack of a better word.
Quote from P1lot :And how many servers at the moment use anything but bright daylight and no wind?
If dynamic weather and lighting came along, I fear it would be a brief experience before most return back to hotlap conditions.

In my opinion weather should be always on (except for hotlapping mode for obvious reasons). Only setting needed would be time of day for the start.

Sure some people would bitch and moan about weather not being perfect all the time, but that's how you would get servers to use it.
This thread is closed

Night Weather
(41 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG