The online racing simulator
4 our of 7, yes. But that doesnt change the fact that XRR takes shorter pit-stops, does it?
Quote from Lombardi :

GT Amateur League

I pointed out that the XRR drivers in MoE most probably wouldnt have taken pole if they were "just as fast" in the FZR as they are in XRR. At least, thats my bet :P

I know MoE did searious testings on the balance this year, and they found out that 25% res on the XRR was a fair balance. They have had it two years in a row, and there must be a reason, aight? I know they have tested it, probably more than any of us, with different drivers, and thats why I trust the 25% desicion.

I trust NDR's desicion whatever it is, and wont argue, unless they choose something COMPLETE idiotic, which will never happend. :P
Quote from Tomhah :4 our of 7, yes. But that doesnt change the fact that XRR takes shorter pit-stops, does it?

Ok let's be clear, you gain 3 secs in pits with XRR, that means 6 secs in the race. You can use R2/R2 in FZR if you are smooth... just like the XRR so this ain't an advatage/disadvantage.
You will never see XRR domination for 1%. Even if the XRR was a little bit faster with 24%, that wouldn't be a problem because:
- It can flip really easily compared to the FZR
- It can be stuck in sand

The perfect balance doesn't exist, but when you look at MOE you see that 25% is far too much for XRR.
Just compair GT1 (with a good balance) and GT2 (with a bad balance).
Yes, MOE GT2 balances ARE actualy bad.
These are facts that nobody can deny...
- It can flip really easily compared to the FZR
I rather drive the fastest car, because I dont flip or get stuck in the sand
Quote from racer hero :Look at MoE qualifying. First GT2 XRR with 25% is a second and a half slower then the top FZR.

That doesn't mean anything, im a second off pole atm in the same car! scipy's crew have that combo hooked up, thats all it is. I say stick pallu in XRR with a good set and see what he does or ray, MoE is turning into a lets make things fair for core fest, suck it up, you chose the car, just like some teams chose FZR in GT1.
Quote from Tomhah :- It can flip really easily compared to the FZR
I rather drive the fastest car, because I dont flip or get stuck in the sand

Well you have to ask yourself what are you doing in the sand to begin with. And flipping well thats a diffrent matter, both of these *cons* dont need to happen if the driver doesnt take any detours or put themselves in a position for this to happen.

Why not have the XRR with 24% +13kg? i just wanted a random number.

Theres also the option of putting more a restriction on the FZR and FXR to balance it out, might make it slower but more even. But no evidence to back this up.
sorry for the slight OT, but why do leagues put the FZR into the same category as FXR/XRR? they're not even in the same base class... instead of trying to balance the two RWD GTR's, why not drop the FZR completely and solve the balancing issue?
Quote from bunder9999 :sorry for the slight OT, but why do leagues put the FZR into the same category as FXR/XRR? they're not even in the same base class... instead of trying to balance the two RWD GTR's, why not drop the FZR completely and solve the balancing issue?

That´s like trying to switch the internet off: impossible
^^

Well, I can drive XRR as said, as I like that car :P So I wouldnt really mind :P
Quote from Tomhah :^^

Well, I can drive XRR as said, as I like that car :P So I wouldnt really mind :P

I can drive all, but FXR is hateful, and we don´t want to drive the FZR. XRR is my favourite anyway <3
Quite much offtopic coming:

(Concerning a post in this thread) If someone for a reason or another has a duplicate account here, in this case one to be used while the man is at university or summin please don't report the post unless it actually somehow offensive.

It is a) quite annoying to get such spammail. Yes, I get the notification as well.
b) quite petty behaviour.
Quote from Sir moi 407 :Trust me, it isn't, at all.
It will be faster in some tracks, slower on other tracks.
Faster in WE, slower in SO. That's how it should be...

EDIT: And just so you know I'm not saying this for me but for the championship, E-Team is probably going to drive the FZR again.

I'll trust you when I see data you've compiled to rival the data we accumulated in MoE balance testing.
I don't know what testing you did... In fact we don't even need tests to proove that 25% isn't fair.
Only thing you need is to take a look at past MOE and GTAL season... Lots of races that proove that FZR has an unfair advantage.
Can you realldy deny this? I'm curious to know why do you think there was no XRR at all the last MOE season? If people didn't like the XRR, then why there are so much in GT1 this MOE season?
#65 - CSF
Simply people will choose the fastest car for the balancing. This year that is the XRR. In GT2 in our case we had setups for the FZR with that balance, why bother making new sets for the XRR?
exactly. And its not the XRR's fault that it didnt win much, its the drivers. You cant say that the XRR is bad, simply because of results, when 1/20 of the teams uses XRR.
Quote from CSF :Simply people will choose the fastest car for the balancing.

Quote from Tomhah :exactly. You cant say that the XRR is bad, simply because of results, when 1/20 of the teams uses XRR.

if the cars are balanced, you dont need to choose the fastest car, but the one you like most :P

Note: and most of the guys like FZR most :P
Thank you for your input guys. We've clearly heard from both sides of the fence and so I'll close this until we make our decision.

I hope to clear this and choose the successful applicants in an NDR MSN meeting tonight [who needs expensive conference facilities?!]. The skin packs have been done, and I would think that d will distribute those tonight if we indeed have made our decisions by then.

There will be a test race before the end of October, most likely around a track that is NOT in the season calendar. Duration/track/more information will be put out to you as soon as we have sorted it out.

Hope to see you on track soon

Jack
Official balancing posted.
Thread opened, ballasts there for at least testrace (I lied slightly in OP). We may reduce to 24% flat if we deem at the testrace that the XRR is still underpowered. We would highly appreciate some teams taking the XRR for the testrace to help test this.

To that end, AS6 WILL STAY as the test race combo, as we belive it is a course well suited to both types of tracks, with its slow and fast sections, giving us a good reading on how ballasting is working.

d
cant wait
After seeing the performance of the cars in the test race, we have removed the ballast on the XRR. It now must only carry 24% intake restriction.

FZR and FXR seemed to be all right. Remember, you are not locked into car choice until your first qualifying session of the season. The Test Race does not count.

We hope the 20/23/24 is a sufficient number to allow all cars a fair chance at a decent number of circuits.

d
Quote from dekojester :After seeing the performance of the cars in the test race, we have removed the ballast on the XRR. It now must only carry 24% intake restriction.

omg,decision based on 3 xrr's who were in a test race.....

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG