The online racing simulator
Oh come on. The FXR is so piss easy to drive it should have its restriction increased not decreased

XRR does need a tweak tho, imo.
We tested FXR on ky3 a little bit today and imo it could get done [get the setup done] to have it loosing 15 sec per hour [that's with 23%] compared to FZR with 20%.
XRR [with 25%] has the same pace as FZR, it just can do few laps less [still the stint is 1 hour long], because it uses R2 / R2 tires, unlike FZR which is using R2 / R3.
Now extra laps aren't really needed in GTAL aren't hey?

All this is for KY3 with boothy's layout. So the track has 3 slow corners and 4 fast ones now, apart from million of those flat-out corners. Therefor it's a good place to get base balancing done.
Look at MOE.
Look at MoE qualifying. First GT2 XRR with 25% is a second and a half slower then the top FZR.
look at the drivers :P
Quote from Tomhah :look at the drivers :P

True, only the XRR-lovers (Core Racing ) took the XRR... Nobody wants it with 25%, it's too slow ^^
well, its not THAT much slower.
The drivers are top quality...the car is too slow. Should definately be 24.
+1 !

FZR : 20%
FXR : 23%
XRR : 24% !!!

Let's race !
Trust me, it's too fast at 24%. That said, I'd like to see how Phil's idea would work out.
After seeing MoE Qual, I'd say that 20/23/24[possibly +kg] is the way to go.

We'll have a chat about it and get it to you ASAP. If we need to, we can use the Test Race to confirm handicaps. If they are changed after the Test Race, you will be able to change your car without penalty. [not that you actually have anything to be penalised with... :P]
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Trust me, it's too fast at 24%.

Trust me, it isn't, at all.
It will be faster in some tracks, slower on other tracks.
Faster in WE, slower in SO. That's how it should be...

EDIT: And just so you know I'm not saying this for me but for the championship, E-Team is probably going to drive the FZR again.
So what if its even faster with 24% (not saying it is)? It's more dangerous to drive it(sand, blah blah), so it should be faster, IMO.
Round 1 - 14th November: 3 Hours of Blackwood Grand Prix Reversed (BL1R)
Round 2 - 12th December: 3 Hours of Kyoto GP Long (KY3) w/Boothy chicane
Round 3 - 30 January: 3 Hours of South City Long Reversed (SO4R)
Round 4 - 27 February: 6 Hours of Westhill International Reversed (WE1R)
Round 5 - 27 March: 3 Hours of Fern Bay Gold (FE3)
Round 6 - 10 April: 6 Hours of Aston Historic Reversed (AS4R)
Round 7 - 1 May: 12 Hours of Kyoto National (KY2)

XRR @ 24%
1. even
2. XRR
3. FZR
4. XRR
5. even
6. XRR
7. even

XRR @ 25%
1. FZR
2. even
3. FZR
4. even
5. even (maybe FZR)
6. FZR (not sure, could be even)
7. FZR

So.. obviously there is a big change between 24 and 25. The thing that makes XRR quicker is that it can run R2s. If it ran R3s at 25% it would get eaten alive. So if it runs 24% it will have a small advantage on straight, but at the same time add 20kg to make the car use R3s. So it might have a small straight advantage, but FZR will have a slight advantage in the corners.
sounds like 24% is most fair, considering the numbers ^^
MoE results are over the course of 1 lap vs 1 hour. The fastest car isnt always the best over all.
But i havnt a clue about balancing so yeah i guess if there was a option for 24.5% we would be set

Also i personally i wouldn't be surprised if people drove the FXR seeing as its a amateur season the FXR is the easiest to drive, hint.
24% with kg's with 20 or more, or 25% is my cents.
Quote from Sir moi 407 :True, only the XRR-lovers (Core Racing ) took the XRR... Nobody wants it with 25%, it's too slow ^^

SCCC is going to race with the XRR in GTAL, simply because our skin looks cool on it Anyway, we are no Core Aliens and we will not be as fast as Core in that XRR. Seeing the results of the MoE and such I'd say that XRR 24%+10kg is the best option for us amateurs in GTAL and it might make some other teams pick the XRR as well instead of the"no brainer FZR choise" (cause that's one of the minor objectives of the rebalancing, isn't it ?!).
Quote from Tomhah :24% with kg's with 20 or more, or 25% is my cents.

You don't give any information to your choices, you just want the FZR to win for whatever reasons you have. FZR CAN run R2's at some tracks, so putting 20 kg on the XRR will give it a disadvantage at the tracks that the FZR can run R2's.

24%+10kg is probablly better to make it so XRR has to run R3's at some tracks, but has a posibility to run R2 at some tracks aswell.
Ist because the XRR is too powerfull with 24%. I dont want total domination, and you should know that, as Im a pretty much XRR fan. 24% will be XRR domination, which I dont like. 20 kg's will make the car a touch slower, and more trouble with the tires. Remember, Kenneth, XRR SHOULD be a bit slower than the FZR, as it has more advantages, but not too much, and not equal in pace.
What exactly is left of those extra advantages of a XRR in "only" a 3 hour race ?
This is GTAL, not MoE.
In FZR you can drive R2's very fast in Qual but on most tracks in race FZR use R3's. XRR i think can drive most tracks on R2's in qual and race too, so in Qual FZR is little faster but in race most teams use R3's and its lower grip and other driving style to save tyres. In XRR you drive little slower but on R2's and you have more control with it.
Quote from GianniC :What exactly is left of those extra advantages of a XRR in "only" a 3 hour race ?
This is GTAL, not MoE.

There are 6h and 12h races this season.
Quote from Tomhah :There are 6h and 12h races this season.

But most are 3 hours long.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG