The online racing simulator
Sweden..and umm...stuff :P
(82 posts, started )
Quote from Jakg :...for something proper like Adnams / Spitfire etc...

+1

Currently I have 25 bottles of spitfire in my fridge...
If you are moving here, then I will have to say welcome to sweden!
The Swedish language is a bitch to learn, there is no grammar rules what so ever.
But you will get the hang of it. I promise!
A guy from New Zeeland learned Swedish in 6 months.
A guy in my class from Scotland has been here for 2 years and can speak decent swedish, although he never likes to speak swedish. My other friends loved to speak swedish so he learned swedish alot faster ofcourse.

Sweden is, as you might have noticed, a pretty good english speaking country so you, as you have also noticed, have no problem communicating with people.
I do not think it does effect you search for jobs, everyone understands english! it's not like you're french or something

Oh, this is Jeremy Clarkson trying to learn Swedish!
They are basicly screwing with him giving the hardest and most useless crap to say.
You will get the jokes ALOT better as soon as you learn swedish!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66fULfwb2X4
Quote from Tim_J_23 :The Swedish language is a bitch to learn, there is no grammar rules what so ever.

Barn: Far, får får får?
Pappa: Får inte får får får, får får lamb.

How come you don't have grammar?

PS: Finnish isn't any better:
1: Me poltettiin kokko.
2: Koko kokkoko?
1: Koko kokko.
hahaha
Quote from Tim_J_23 :
Oh, this is Jeremy Clarkson trying to learn Swedish!
They are basicly screwing with him giving the hardest and most useless crap to say.
You will get the jokes ALOT better as soon as you learn swedish!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66fULfwb2X4

I don't know who told you, but thats NOT Jeremy Clarkson.
it is ...
#61 - wien
Quote from wien :Why are all English speakers seemingly unable to separate German and Nordic accents and culture?

All except me. I agree, people here tend not to be able to separate German and Nordic languages, here people tend to think Swedish is spoken "hurdy gurdy in de panny"
Quote from Intermediate07 :We have those in germany too

Not the sauna

And it´s the best

So...everybody move to Finland! Then we get slaves,slaves make caves,caves are homes. mmmm....
Quote from Gekkibi :Barn: Far, får får får?
Pappa: Får inte får får får, får får lamb.

Ö ö,
hö ö,
hö ös mö?
Quote from BlueFlame :All except me. I agree, people here tend not to be able to separate German and Nordic languages, here people tend to think Swedish is spoken "hurdy gurdy in de panny"

Yes, yes, we know you speak <insertlanguagehere> but do you really have to mention that in every other post you make?
Quote from hyntty :Ö ö,
hö ö,
hö ös mö?

Actually, no... My sentences made sense. Yours doesn't...
Yep if I had to chose between Finland and Sweden, I'd personally chose Finland ... because i can say this!

Mene helvettiin akka!!!

Pardon my language.
Quote from Kalev EST :Yes, yes, we know you speak <insertlanguagehere> but do you really have to mention that in every other post you make?

Yes because, culturally speaking I'm NOT English. I would guess 90% of white english people can't speak another language, and dont even care to learn any either.
Quote from Gekkibi :Actually, no... My sentences made sense. Yours doesn't...

It's a poem you blithering idiot... It rhymes and all!
Nah. What you said was correct, but as a Finn I would say "painu helvettiin" instead of "mene helvettiin" if I was telling someone to go to hell. The tone of "Mene" is like saying "go to" rather pleasantly, whereas "painu" is more akin to "piss off", which I think would be more appropriate in this context.

/essay
ITT: Finnish grammar.
Hämärä mäkärä kämisi mähässä
A weird mosquito was arguing by himself in a pile of moss

Kärpänen sanoi kärpäselle, tuu kattoon kattoon kun kaveri tapettiin tapettiin
Say a fly to a fly, look there on the wall is your buddy is sticking on the wall and is dead

Appilan pappilan apupapin papupata pankolla kiehuu ja kuohuu.
Pappilan paksuposki piski pisti paksun papukeiton poskeensa
Appila vicarage's assistant pastor's beanpot is boiling on the stove. The vicarage's fat mongrel ate up the thick bean soup

järjestelmällistämättömyydelläänsäkäänköhän (Yes, one word)
I wonder if even without his lack of systemizing

Isn't our language wonderful? Much better than swedish!
Click here if you want more.

Sweden..and umm...stuff :P
(82 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG