The online racing simulator
Sweden..and umm...stuff :P
(82 posts, started )
I am moving to Sweden in just under 2 years time if everything goes to plan. This thread is really regarding emigration in general..to anyone who has done it.

Basically I have been to Sweden a few times now and loved it, during a music festival which I went with a few mates I met a few Swedish people and have kept in contact ever since.

One of them is allowing me at the beginning of June to the end of August is letting me stay with her, in her apartment in Göteborg. An extended stay to see if I really like it, although I've already made up my mind but have to finish my studies

At any rate, I decided impulsively...and just want to get some advice really. Things can go wrong, but obviously there are ways of reducing that risk.

I've looked into what I need to emigrate...and it simply boils down to money, somewhere to live (thats sorted), learning Swedish and obviously a job.

To be fair, I can't see it much different from if I moved to a friends house at another end of the UK, other than the language barrier, but I loved everything about the country...the people, the sights...everything...the one thing I hated was seeing it fly by on the way home.

This thread is rather a hash job, there's so many questions I would like to know the answers too...don't know where to start. I guess a good place to start is on how to learn Swedish!

I'd also like to hear stories of emigration, no matter where you went
#2 - filur
umm...ok
Stay away from Niko. Finland > Sweden, too close.
Quote from Bose321 :Stay away from Niko. Finland > Sweden, too close.

What's wrong about Finland?

Oh, and yes. Finland > Sweden

Just don't sleep on park benches in Sweden if you're a bloke, and you'll be fine.

jk, obviously
Quote from Gekkibi :What's wrong about Finland?

Oh, and yes. Finland > Sweden

Niko lives in Finland. He wants to go to Sweden.
Finland > Sweden, too close.
Quote from Bose321 :Niko lives in Finland.

I PM'ed Niko and invited him to Tampere so we could drink some alcohol together, but he refused... Even he lives in Finland, he doesn't act like finn! What's wrong with him, if he refuses free alcohol..?
Why the hell do you move to Sweden?! Come living in Norway, it's far better
Forget Sweden AND Norway. Move to Finland. We need more slaves to coal mines...
Yeah, because you people still live in caves.
Quote from LFSn00b :I didn't quite refuse that, all i said was i had no money

You had no money to drink free alcohol?
#13 - arco
Quote from spacedskunk :I am moving to Sweden in just under 2 years time if everything goes to plan. This thread is really regarding emigration in general..to anyone who has done it.

If that's you in your avatar, you will fit right in with them boys over there. :gt:
The girls are sexy though!
Wow its not just me that wants to move to Sweden.

By the way, what is work like over there?, I'm studying Motor vehicle

maintenance at college and was wondering how the work in that kind of area is.
For learning any language: Read or listen to information in the new language about stuff you know alot about. You know what they talk about and will learn the melody of the language, obviously you will need to complement this with normal language studies.
Maybe check this out: http://www.liveforspeed.se/

Also this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkHRNrMmkvg
or maybe not.
Wow, I bet spacedskunk will be overwhelmed by the large amount of very helpful replies here.

Only filur and hyntty had to jump out of line. Damn spammers.

Edit: heson now as well.
Swedish and English is quite similar, the tricky non logic grammar is unimportant if you want to make yourself understood (but important if you want to blend in).
I always thought swedes disliked norwegians, like danes dislikes swedes, but norwegians and danes love each other..
Anyway good luck, Sweden is cool country like Norway and Denmark, but heck as long as You aint moving to redneck Finland it cant go wrong?!

Of course the above stated is only an example of the superior humor of the scandinavian countries..:bump:
Quote from lamerr :I always thought swedes disliked norwegians, like danes dislikes swedes, but norwegians and danes love each other..
Anyway good luck, Sweden is cool country like Norway and Denmark, but heck as long as You aint moving to redneck Finland it cant go wrong?!

Of course the above stated is only an example of the superior humor of the scandinavian countries..:bump:

wut? No Finns hate Swedes, Swedes hate Danes and everybody hates the Norwegians?

I'm open for business, you can live here.

Joke
Your just after sex Arox.
Holland has more to offer; Weed and sex.
Finland has even more to offer: Alcohol, sauna, sex, bad politicians...

(82 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG