The online racing simulator
Let's bet!
(87 posts, started )
Let's bet!
The april surprise will be:

1 - Engine and brake heating.

2 - Rainny and night races.

3 - Dynamic illumination with daylight transition.

4 - Loose parts and breakable glasses in damage model.

5 - New cockpits with dx9 texturization.

6 - Bugs and birds that smashes in the windshield.

7 - New superb sounds, with multiple effects and surround capability.

8 - New tracks.

9 - New cars.

10 - More players in the same section.

11 - New AI behavior.

12 - New interface with new menu sounds.

13 - Open tracks code for mod.

14 - Nothing more than a single fool's day
Have no clue.
Setup management
I bet for new track config or minor sound improvements (this would include deleting that extremely annoying crashing sound as known as the sound that breaks headphones and ears).
its probably gonna be less than were expecting..or maybe, alot more than we are
I think 1 is a possibility. That temp gauge has been motionless forever. 2-9 and 11-13 all seem extremely unlikely. 10 may be a slight possibility.

I think if an LFS update is in our future rather than just a news update, then the most likely thing changed will be the aerodynamics code to fix the high nose bug.

Other possibilities are setup management, as mentioned by NotAnIllusion, and maybe even asymetric suspension tuning if we're really lucky.
Most of those first listed is what I expect after S2 final is released and S3 developement details. I'd put my money on aerodynamics, updated tire physics, better net code, setup management and perhaps LFS World improvement. Also I recall some car model updates which would be a surprise for me, maybe the brake and engine temp stuff. Basically devs "should" be working to improve the physics and what makes this a raw racing sim, not a snazzy screenshot orgy cough gtr2? The eye candy is fine for now, I want physic detailing and stuff along those lines. Please and thank you of course....
Quote from Speed Soro :The april surprise will be:

[...]

Keep dreaming ... it's free!
I truely hope its something to do with sounds, while the way the sounds are produced is good, they do sound awfull, I drove the XFG last night, and for some reason after all this time, was appalled at how it sounded, it was like there was a friggin bee flying around in my headphones........

Dan,
#10 - JJ72
"STFU S2 will be ready when it's ready" banner around all race tracks.
Quote from Speed Soro :The april surprise will be:

6 - Bugs and birds that smashes in the windshield.

7 - New superb sounds, with multiple effects and surround capability.

8 - New tracks.

9 - New cars.

10 - More players in the same section.

11 - New AI behavior.

12 - New interface with new menu sounds.

13 - Open tracks code for mod.

8 - New tracks.
One new config, most likely for Aston. I hope it would be Westhill National tho.

Not completely new, but improved cockpits. For UFs and GTRs, please.

:/
/me bets on a lump of coal
I bet the surprise is an HUGE jump that just pops up right in front of you on the Oval when you reach top speed. This will only come in effect every 1st april every year :o)
Quote from MyBoss :I bet the surprise is an HUGE jump that just pops up right in front of you on the Oval when you reach top speed. This will only come in effect every 1st april every year :o)

Yep, and the ability to open the doors so you can fly a bit longer and perhaps some neons in the floor so everyone can see you in the distance and of course night racing so if your timing turning the lights on/off is correct people may thing you are Santa Claus and everybody will say "Ohhh probably this patch surprise is useless but damm it's so fking beauty"

If I feel inspired, I'll make a poem out of this, but it will be in spanish. As you can read, my english is like that of NY people.
And I forgot to say Hello to everyone as it was my first post.

And please forgive me for the spelling, the general no-sense and the Santa Claus thing. I'll try to focus on the beginner's section and serious content from now on.
I have inside information detailing the exact content of the new patch, blast i've got to go i'm posting from work and the boss is back...
no 6 sounds good!! means they would have to implement windscreen wipers tho
i have my money oin the ea deal and on vykos having sealed a deal for f1 in the course of the intel/villneuve ad
Just want a surprise.
Really want 2+11
Die for 6. Can't you just see yourself hitting a squrriel.

Quote :Other possibilities are setup management, as mentioned by NotAnIllusion, and maybe even asymetric suspension tuning if we're really lucky.

U read my mind, I need asymetric suspension. I had a crappy PS2 game far from a sim and one wheel was at .00 inches the other at 4.00 in
April, July, nevermind. When it's ready I would like to have the stuff everybody (serious people) wants:

proper tyre model (ATM it's very good, time to improve)
proper aerodynamics (those noses are a drag;-))
maybe some sound stuff
graphics are not as important
a temperature gauge would be a blast! Seems like we'll have to use our brains in the future, no more stupid 1-lap-hookers on the tracks!
The surprise is a ball (joke )
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Quote from der butz :
a temperature gauge would be a blast! Seems like we'll have to use our brains in the future, no more stupid 1-lap-hookers on the tracks!

/me gives up too

There goes my chance of ever winning a decent race

Nah, it'll be fun, I want it implemented!
#24 - PerG
Ireally want the rainy and night races but i think it will be for long time only a wish

Let's bet!
(87 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG