The online racing simulator
H-pattern Gearbox on XF GTR?
(6 posts, started )
I just purchased S2 and i love the XF GTR or XFR but it seems it only has a Sequential Gearbox setup. Is there anyway to use an H-pattern gearbox setup with this car?

Thanks in advance for the support.
Big welcome to S2

Yep you can, use G25 and switch it into to Sequential mode.

Oops can't do that anymore with G27.

(side note: no sorry chief, you can not make the XFR use an h-gate shifter. It can only use sequential. It's done that way to keep it realistic. So you have to use flappy paddles or find two other buttons to change gears. Dunno what shifter you have, but maybe you could set 3rd and 4th as up & down gears? Really that's the only way unless you have a G25 to switch modes, sorry)
As far as I know, no. You just can tweak XF GTi to have sequential gearbox using lfstweaker
you can set XFG (XF GTI) to be sequential simply by making your player profile Gear Shift Mode: Sequential in the DRIVER menu.

But the topic opener wants H-gate to work for XFR.
No, unfortunately there is no way to make the XFR use the H-pattern shifter. In the past the XFR actually was H-pattern shifted, but it got changed somewhere down the line to be sequential only. I much preferred it when it wasn't sequential, to be honest.
Ok i see, well i will try the sequential with my gear stick then, Thanks for the tip
I have a G25 since a month or so, brilliant steering wheel. G27 is slightly improved but the price difference isn't worth it imo. I only paid 150€ for my G25 (in belgium). I would love to try the gearstick of the g27 though, supposed to be more realistic.

Thanks again for the support.

(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG