The online racing simulator
@amp88: any progress at Player name display?

Keep you very nice work!
Quote from fireb0llch :@amp88: any progress at Player name display?

Keep you very nice work!

None yet. I've managed to introduce an obscure bug that I can't find the source of yet, plus I'm not really devoting much time to this any more. I'll see if I can fix the bug and release a version with the player name display but I need to get the motivation to do it.
Because this tool is very useful for me, I will stream the new Cityliga X and it would be awsome if you can finish this

Greetings.
Quote from amp88 :Now run the Qualifying Ticker application by double clicking on the "LFS Qualifying Ticker.jar" file.

When I double click on it, it runs WinRar since it's one of the supported formats... How should I run the file? In what application?

EDIT: Bah, forget it. Downloaded Java. I'm a dummy. lol
Quote from Drift King CZ :When I double click on it, it runs WinRar since it's one of the supported formats... How should I run the file? In what application?

Do you have Java installed? If not you'll need to download it from here. If you do have it installed you'll need to fix your file associations. Right click on the jar file, go to Open With and select "Choose program". If Java isn't one of the options to select from locate the exe file (in the folder you installed Java to) then make sure Java is selected as the default application for opening jar files with.
Already did this before I read your post, but thanks anyway .

Nice useful InSim... but I don't know if it wouldn't be better with darker background behind the gap. I know it probably isn't supposed to use for drivers in a race, but imho it would be more readable with the background.

Plus, I know it's called Qualifying Ticker, but couldn't it be also used in training session or in a race? In training, it would show gap between your actual lap and your personal best time. In race it would show gap between your lap and the best lap of the whole race which has been ridden so far.
Hi, i have a suggestion, it'll be useful if i can change status of a player if he on hotlap or not. In our league each player allowed to make only 1 hotlap.
Looks like a very interesting application Angus! Trying to run it, but I get the following message:
EDIT: nevermind, forgot to add the -jar option to the command!
EDIT2: still a problem.. see below (config.cfg renamed to .txt so i could upload here)
Attached images
lfsqt_error.jpg
Attached files
config.txt - 1.8 KB - 186 views
Quote from Klice :Hi, i have a suggestion, it'll be useful if i can change status of a player if he on hotlap or not. In our league each player allowed to make only 1 hotlap.

You mean you can press a button to force a driver to spectate? I don't quite understand your suggestion.

Quote from traxxion :Looks like a very interesting application Angus! Trying to run it, but I get the following message:
EDIT: nevermind, forgot to add the -jar option to the command!
EDIT2: still a problem.. see below (config.cfg renamed to .txt so i could upload here)

The contents of the config file are OK. Do you have a "LFSQualifyingTicker.log" file in the directory where your JAR file is? If so could you post the contents of that file here, please?
It works great for sessions where telepitting is allowed, but obviously doesn't change the out/hotlap status in a hardcore quali session. Could it be added that if a driver has made a pit stop that his status is on an outlap? What if the driver is already very slow in a lap - indicating a problem, building up to a hotlap or coming into the pits - could this be alerted with a "slow" status?
Quote from amp88 :The contents of the config file are OK. Do you have a "LFSQualifyingTicker.log" file in the directory where your JAR file is? If so could you post the contents of that file here, please?

Nope, sorry.. no log generated here!
Quote from boothy :It works great for sessions where telepitting is allowed, but obviously doesn't change the out/hotlap status in a hardcore quali session. Could it be added that if a driver has made a pit stop that his status is on an outlap? What if the driver is already very slow in a lap - indicating a problem, building up to a hotlap or coming into the pits - could this be alerted with a "slow" status?

It's something I thought about adding (for the hardcore sessions like IGTC) but as you say it's not there at the moment (hotlap is just people who are not on their first lap, like LFS does with blue flags in qualifying sessions).

Quote from traxxion :Nope, sorry.. no log generated here!

OK, can you try the following then please. Open command prompt then navigate to the folder where the JAR file is located. Type in the following:

java -jar "LFS Qualifying Ticker 0.1.6 Alpha.jar"

Then copy whatever output is generated in command prompt here, please.
Quote from amp88 :OK, can you try the following then please. Open command prompt then navigate to the folder where the JAR file is located. Type in the following:

java -jar "LFS Qualifying Ticker 0.1.6 Alpha.jar"

Then copy whatever output is generated in command prompt here, please.

For some strange reason it actually works now that I'm trying that.. did the exact same yesterday to no avail.. Maybe I had to restart LFS yesterday, after all the fails I had trying to launch your app. So anyway, it works now, looks nice!
@amp: if you need any beta testers, pm me. I would really like to use this in our Xcite TV Broadcast!
Please all motivate amp to continue developing this really great Application!

Go Go AMP
Ya, its a good program
What more can he really do to it, ?
Quote from Mikjen :What more can he really do to it, ?

Display name while you are in Shift + U and Shift + F...
Downloading, should be testing soon.
Some news?
I haven't done any work on this app in the last few weeks and I don't have any plans to come back to it in the near future.
Quote from amp88 :I haven't done any work on this app in the last few weeks and I don't have any plans to come back to it in the near future.

Too Bad A Great App For broadcasting is going down... Hope you will try to Finish this soon.
Quote from amp88 :I haven't done any work on this app in the last few weeks and I don't have any plans to come back to it in the near future.

did the version with the driver names work? would be great to be able to download it
yea, would be really great to use this for broadcast!
Is it possible to run this online while being on a server?

EDIT: Oh yea it is.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG