The online racing simulator

Poll : OK or BAD in WHEELS VIEW when HAZE EFFECT is switched on?

Closed since :
OK - "Haze effect" YES -> everything is OK in wheels view
DON'T KNOW - can't find the option / don't want to test it
BAD - "Haze effect" YES -> corrupted in wheels view (please give info)
Default setting for "Haze effect"
Just something incidental while I'm coding other things and before I forget about it...

I'd like to find out how many computers still have a problem with "Haze effect". When it was first implemented, certain graphics drivers had a bug which causes the nearby track to go all white or striped, basically WRONG! It is an unmistakeable bug in Cockpit View and even more so in Wheels View.

So... at the moment, when LFS runs for the first time, it chooses the setting depending on which video card you have. But I'd like to make it ON by default in all cases. So that's why I need to find out how many people still get the problem.

To answer the poll, please go into Options... Graphics and make sure the setting at the bottom of the screen "Haze effect" is switched to YES. Then drive along 100 metres or so in cockpit view and same again in wheels view. Then make your vote!

If you do get the problem, please tell us your graphics card and if you can find out easily, which version of the drivers you are using.
#2 - Don
no problem here - ati radeon 9800pro

EDIT:didnt see the poll before
#3 - axus
No problem here:

GeForce 5200 FX.
No probs with
Card :nV GF 5200 FX
Drivers: NGO Optimised Forceware v84.12
NVidia 6600GT, no problems.
(Drivers: ForceWare 81.95)
#6 - Bean0
No problems here, ATI X800, 6.3 Cats
#7 - axus
Wonder what is being updated about graphics though... or is it just a simplified menu system?
Let the speculation begin...
#8 - SamH
No problems here.. except that I can't SEE the haze. I don't know why not, unless it's exceedingly subtle. I just don't see it, on or off.

XFX nVidia 6600GT w/latest nVidia drivers.
works fine, sapphire radeon 9600xt with catalysts 6.1
#10 - mr_x
256mb ATI Radeon 9800XT - no problems at all
#11 - PerG
No probe nVidia GF FX 5200 128MB
OK!!

Club 3D Radeon 9600 Pro

Never understod what the haze effect does...
#13 - Jakg
Quote from Clownpaint :Fine here, ATi 9600xt.

ditto!
Its OK here (GF 6600GT), but somehow I prefer it to be off... All I can see it blurs far objects and makes colors a bit "colder" i think. (?)
100% fine here - Ati 9600Pro 256MB
No problems
GeForce 6800 GT
Quote from SamH :No problems here.. except that I can't SEE the haze. I don't know why not, unless it's exceedingly subtle. I just don't see it, on or off.

It is subtle. It gives some depth to the graphics, even without being very noticeable. To see it, try looking at some distant buildings at South City - compare with it on and off.
ATI Radeon 9200 series, no problem.

*edited - removed can't see difference*
OK - StLab Radeon 9200 128 MB 128 bit, Omega 2.6.75a. And please don't laugh at my card. Btw before I read this, I didn't know there is any haze effect in LFS.
Quote from woodbine :OK - StLab Radeon 9200 128 MB 128 bit, Omega 2.6.75a. And please don't laugh at my card. Btw before I read this, I didn't know there is any haze effect in LFS.

Why laugh, it works better than my geforce FX5200 (except for the usual drawbacks that ATI brings you , or is it a completely different Radeon 9200? The StLab? Don't really know)
no probs with nvidia fx5600, 128mb, detonator 66.93
working fine on a AOpen nVidia GeForce 6800 LE
Quote from sgt.flippy :Why laugh, it works better than my geforce FX5200 (except for the usual drawbacks that ATI brings you , or is it a completely different Radeon 9200? The StLab? Don't really know)

Why laugh? Because nowadays it is only an exhibit for technical museum. But it still works quite good. Yes, "normal" R9200.

Scawen, sry for OT.
No Problem.

Radeon 9800 Pro @ Catalyst 5.11
fine here x850xt, 256mb, ati catalyst 6.3
fireGL pcix 256mb, ati catalyst 6.3

runs fine on both, no probs there.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG