The online racing simulator
45mph Limit after Pit
(28 posts, started )
45mph Limit after Pit
I've searched the forum but came up empty handed. Once a race starts everything is good to go, then you crash your car and make a pit stop. When you come out of the pit the car won't go above 45-50 mph depending on the car. Is this by design?
#2 - need
Some of the cars have a pit limiter, so you need to switch this off when your exiting the pits.
#3 - Goop
press 'L' to toggle it on/off (better yet, map it to a wheel button )

Unofficial LFS Manual - http://www.lfsforum.net/showth ... 1738&highlight=manual

It pays check out the stickies etc... some of the more frequent blokes around here can be pretty unpleasant
We're not all bad. I had the same limiter trouble when I started . . . . But I read the stickies. It's what I do as a noob. Quite often thats why they are called . .

'Read this thread'

Or

'All you Noob questions answered'

But I guess thats just me. Doesn't mean that I'm gunna flame a guy for not doing the same though. Maybe his logic processes just work diffently from mine, or something.

Am I allowed to just smile and wave?

Is that too rude?
#5 - Goop
a wave or a smile, never both.

You can all do whatever it is you do anyhow, just giving him a warning
We really need manual to LFS itself, "getting started" or something like that. It would show the features, the keys and LFSWorld thingys. These thread are very common, wich is good...people are buying LFS.

Oh...Welcome to LFS
You forgot that most people who ask such questions never read a manual anyways (no offence).
Quote from AndroidXP :You forgot that most people who ask such questions never read a manual anyways (no offence).

Well yeah, but we could all shout "read the manual"!
RTFM - Read the "Friendly" Manual.
Quote from need :Some of the cars have a pit limiter, so you need to switch this off when your exiting the pits.

Thanks 'need'!

For the rest of the great comments, can I recommend that you shut down the forum and simply place a link to the manual, that would remove all the stress to each of you that feel obligated to help someone new.

Good day.
#11 - Goop
oh go on... this was all pretty light-hearted, no need to play the victim
Quote from Blackout :We really need manual to LFS itself, "getting started" or something like that. It would show the features, the keys and LFSWorld thingys. These thread are very common, wich is good...people are buying LFS.

i dunno ... i always sort of assumed that its common knowledge that race cars have pit limiters and the first idea would be to either look in the /docs/ folder or in the controller settings to find out how to switch it on/off
yeah common knowledge but just imagine if uve never seen motorsport,, heard anything about race cars and they u but a game like lfs!!!!! ud be pretty lost.... just wait till he/she gets to the setup page

glad people didnt flame him.. people in this forum are very quick and good at that "flaming" !

and yes Noobs manual is needed!

mad
well i also assumed that if youre not into motorsports at all youre not the type to buy a hardcore sim on the internet
what was that line!!! assumpion is the mother of all f********s damn trying to think what film that was from now!!! was it under siege??

hmm

mad
Undersiege 2, the one on the train
I never knew other motorsports had pitlimiters. I come from a Nascar background and they don't have them.
Quote from mrodgers :I never knew other motorsports had pitlimiters. I come from a Nascar background and they don't have them.

Yep agree! NASCAR background here too! So what motorsport has pitlimiters and how do they work? Never heard of such a thing and figured it was a in-game thing just for LFS.

I did actually stumbled upon it when I was setting up my wheel. Then I read the manual on it.

Ok question with me CageHound! Welcome.
F1 has pit limiters and v8 supercars have them as well. Those are the two sports i follow that have them. silly americans
the FIA GT Champ cars also have pitlimiters
Most series will have a button on the wheel to kick in the limiter. It's just makes so much sense and with all the new safety regs involving pit speed and the like they are pretty much de rigour. (That last bit was french by the way. It means part of the course, things that generally just are . . .stucff like that.)
#22 - Goop
Quote from Funnybear :Most series will have a button on the wheel to kick in the limiter. It's just makes so much sense and with all the new safety regs involving pit speed and the like they are pretty much de rigour. (That last bit was french by the way. It means part of the course, things that generally just are . . .stucff like that.)

Couldn't you have just said "par for the course" or whatever then, saved yourself typing? Woulda saved me typing too

Pretty hard to find a professional-style series nowadays that wouldn't have pitlane speed-limiters, I'd reckon. I think they work by retarding fuel or spark, or some necessary engine-related thingie
I thought it was just a rev limiter that was set by in the EMS uplink according to gearing, but it probably depends upon the series.

I wish karts had them, I sometimes loose a lot of time to my rivals because of 'walking speed'.
#24 - Vain
I don't like speed or rev limiters based on sparking. I always believe the car is going to burst into flames when I hear those in action. Poor car...

Vain
Quote from Funnybear :We're not all bad. I had the same limiter trouble when I started . . . . But I read the stickies. It's what I do as a noob. Quite often thats why they are called . .

'Read this thread'

Or

'All you Noob questions answered'

But I guess thats just me. Doesn't mean that I'm gunna flame a guy for not doing the same though. Maybe his logic processes just work diffently from mine, or something.

Am I allowed to just smile and wave?

Is that too rude?

So... where's the sticky that is so easy to find, that mentions the Pit Limiter?

It's easier, quicker and nicer to just help a beginner. Just say "It's the pit limiter, press L", or don't say anything at all if you are a bit annoyed that a beginner hasn't been able to find the answer - maybe he has looked in the wrong place, searched the wrong keywords, etc. Why can't he just ask a simple question? This is the beginner's forum, where beginners can ask questions and get some help!

Anyone who says "read the sticky" should provide a link to the sticky, if it's so easy to find!

45mph Limit after Pit
(28 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG