The online racing simulator
New system specs - need advice
(7 posts, started )
I'm willing to build a new system and the shop guy can give me this for 850€. I'd like to know what the experts around here think:

Micro: Intel Core2 Quad Q8200 2,33 1333Mhz
HD: Seagate 750GB Sata 3.5
Mobo: Asus P5K Premium / WIFI-AP Socket 775 AT
Fan: Asus Triton 85
RAM: Kingston DDR2 4GB PC1066 CL5 HyperX (2X2G)
Graphical: XFX GeForce GTX260 640M 896MB DDR PCI
Power: ATX 600W SLI Solytec

+ LG DVD R/W + Gigabyte ATX Box

Opinions, possible bottlenecks, suggestions?

Thanks!
The ATI 4890 is a better card and you can pick one up in the UK for roughly the same price so I would check that out

If you are using the computer for gaming I would price up how much it would cost for a phenom II tri core maybe quad core, AMD processors are still excellent for gaming, and you might be surprised to how much you can pick them up for. It will probably be more than your 850 but it all depends on how much you want to spend.

If you do want the computer for gaming then a dual core CPU at the same price (about an E8400) will be better. The cores are clocked higher and most games do not make use of more than 1 core at the moment.
ask him if it's the core 216 version of the gtx 260.

Tell him to replace the asus triton 85 with a Xigmatek Dark Knight (with bolt thru kit), a Scythe Mugen 2, or a Noctua NH(or UH)-C12P, all much better performers. If you don't mind spending a bit more, you could get a Prolimatech Megahalem and overclock that quad really high
Quote from BurnOut69 :I'm willing to build a new system and the shop guy can give me this for 850€. I'd like to know what the experts around here think:

Micro: Intel Core2 Quad Q8200 2,33 1333Mhz
HD: Seagate 750GB Sata 3.5
Mobo: Asus P5K Premium / WIFI-AP Socket 775 AT
Fan: Asus Triton 85
RAM: Kingston DDR2 4GB PC1066 CL5 HyperX (2X2G)
Graphical: XFX GeForce GTX260 640M 896MB DDR PCI
Power: ATX 600W SLI Solytec

+ LG DVD R/W + Gigabyte ATX Box

Opinions, possible bottlenecks, suggestions?

Thanks!

Well I think thats around 50-100 euros more then he should be asking but maybe the prices in Spain are higher then here.

The question is for what main purpose this PC wil be used. I can say from start that this processor is not best choice for gaming.You can get quicker for less money.
Just tell us for what you need such a righ (rendering, video editing, games-what kind of games) and then it will be much easier to help you and give you some recomendaton either from AMD or Intel. Platform.
Well the most demanding apps will be games, since although I will also be using Visual Studio and photoshop, those require a lot less power.

Im curious about better & cheaper micros than the Q8200, what would you recommend and why?

Thanks for the replies so far

EDIT: I plan to use XP-32 until we can get hold of a non-test version of Windows 7, but I havent bothered to check recommended specs since I assume they are well below the posted specs
Yea spend a little more and get the intel Q8400. Ive just bought my first AMD CPU and board ive heard good things about them.

Also look into corsair power supplies.

A
I'd go for the q9550. Since socket 775 is dead anyways, might as well get the high end.

(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG