The online racing simulator
PS3 questions...
(87 posts, started )
That's what I was talking about way back up there ^^ but I'm not sure if that might be necessary emulation for the upcoming PS2 games for sale on PSN. Either way, I'll be grabbing Enthusia when it comes out

From what I can suss out, it goes thusly. The original 60Gb PS3 had hardware emulation via the PS2's Emotion chip. When it was ported to Europe this was replaced with software emulation to lower costs, but it wasn't all that reliable so was scrapped. It appears they've now managed to recreate the Emotion engine via software emulation, so fingers crossed.

And I stand corrected on the warranty issue - if I'd Googled it I'd have found out for myself. Stupid laziness
So I could sell my PS2 and play PS2 on PS3 ASSUMING they include emulation in an update?
In theory. But as I said, this software emulation could end up being used exclusively for downloadable games rather than included in a firmware update for everyone. Think of it from a business perspective - one way earns you money, the other doesn't
Quote from danowat :I guess Wipeout HD is a worthy purchase.....snip...

I also got some game off the PSN where you put rubbish into a bin, can't remember what its called, but its good fun.

WipeoutHD is awesome, it takes up most of my PS3 time...

And that game is called 'Trash Panic'!!
Hmm...what about COD4, is it worth it if I have it on PC?
Other really fun PS3 games (I just got mine a couple weeks ago):

Civilzation Revolutions: If you like the Civ games for the PC, this is a slightly simplified version but just as addictive as II and IV.

LittleBigPlanet: A brilliant side-scroller with probably the best graphics in any PS3 game I've seen so far. Very cutesy, but also very addictive. You can create and share your own levels as well, which is awesome.

Valkyria Chronicles: Strategic RPGs at their best. Very inventive graphics/design, decent story, fun to play.

Bionic Commando Rearmed: (PSN game) A fantastic remake of the classic NES game.

Flower: (PSN game) EXTREMELY artsy, but frankly a beautiful and inventive game. Very relaxing. I enjoy playing it when I come home from work and just want to cool off.

Noby Noby Boy: (PSN game) For when you're high as shit.
Ty for that link, browsing now...
i also have the 60gb, and they seem to have a tendency to break more often then the other ones.... luckily i dont use that much for that to happen.
OK about the games. I have got Burnout Sunrise Skate 2 and Guitar Hero III :P

All of them are very much worth the payment of 40€ if you buy the imported ones from ebay. They are not region locked.
Quote from GFresh :WipeoutHD is awesome, it takes up most of my PS3 time...

And that game is called 'Trash Panic'!!

Thats the one!!!!, its mental, but quite a bit of fun

Quote from DeadWolfBones :Other really fun PS3 games (I just got mine a couple weeks ago):

Civilzation Revolutions: If you like the Civ games for the PC, this is a slightly simplified version but just as addictive as II and IV.

I have Civ Rev on the xbox (managed to pick it up for £8), its good fun, however, I find the AI are EXTREMELY aggresive.
I'll grab Skate 2 too 0.o
Quote from baSh0r :OK about the games. I have got Burnout Sunrise Skate 2 and Guitar Hero III :P

All of them are very much worth the payment of 40€ if you buy the imported ones from ebay. They are not region locked.

That are the most awesome ps3 games out anyway (...ish)
Luckily you got GH3 and not world tour, that just sucks.
I wouldn't go getting CoD4 if you already have it for something. Grab Killzone 2 instead. You'll want to crank the pad sensitivity up full, but I reckon it feels nice that way, chunky like someone lugging a heavy suit of armour around with them

Valkyria Chronicles is good. If you can ignore how sickeningly cutesy and cliched the story and characters are, the strategy itself is pretty good.

And I'd recommend LittleBiGPlanet to anyone with a soul, then defy them not to fall in love with Sackboy

And Uncharted, although most of these have already been mentioned. Can't think of any other exclusives though.
Dajmin, don't know if you already did that, but patch 1.27 for Killzone 2 implemented a "High Precision" mode in control options. Aiming is much smooter now as there are no deadzones... It still has that "weighty" feel to it (which i love, i just can't play other "floaty" games anymore)..
ooh

I'm excited for KZ2 after watching YT trailers

Does it play as good as it looks?
It plays awesome! And that comes from ex "PC Counter Strike - i could never play shooters on the gamepad" player
I was the same way. When I first got my 360 I was absolutely useless at Gears of War and...well pretty much anything involving shooting. Took me a couple of weeks to get used to the differences in control schemes. Now I can switch between PC and console without a problem.

And yes, I enabled KZ2's high precision mode as soon as I loaded it up
Okay

Parcelforce suck majorly

Ordered my PS3, had it shipped Sunday,2-3 days for delivery. I get up to find one of those "We were unable to deliver the parcel" notes, so I go down, at 8am, ask for the PS3, to get a 'Sorry, we never picked it up' reply

So I call the guy who sold it me, he tells me the postie did indeed pick it up and the postal service are a bunch of lying idiots.

So he has to go spend £250 to get another PS3 to give me, to cover for the postal servce's screwup.

IMO I should be paid by RM, it's their fault after all
There's a reason couriers get called things like Parcel Farce, ShittyLink and OoPS.
It's a bit of a fiddle to make an insurance claim on regular mail, but with parcel references it should be fairly straightforward. That's why they have insurance, after all.

You could also recommend that in future the guy try a different courier. I'd recommend HDNL right now. We switched to them from ParcelForce at work and so far it's been a million times better. Their tracking notes are better and they actually make the effort to contact you when delivery can't be made.
I did suggest that on the phone, he said he'd go with HDNL from now on

...and as I type this, guess what turns up with an apology? Go figure
Christ, has hell just frozen over?, someone actually recommended HDNL?

I had hell and all trouble with them, just stick HDNL into google, and you'll see I wasn't alone, it was a bloody nightmare.
#74 - Jakg
Quote from DieKolkrabe :Okay

Parcelforce suck majorly

Ordered my PS3, had it shipped Sunday,2-3 days for delivery. I get up to find one of those "We were unable to deliver the parcel" notes, so I go down, at 8am, ask for the PS3, to get a 'Sorry, we never picked it up' reply

So I call the guy who sold it me, he tells me the postie did indeed pick it up and the postal service are a bunch of lying idiots.

So he has to go spend £250 to get another PS3 to give me, to cover for the postal servce's screwup.

IMO I should be paid by RM, it's their fault after all

Surely he got the parcel insured...?

BTW - Parcel2Go (usually using DHL) are much much much cheaper...
Jakg, he didn't insure it, no.

PS3 questions...
(87 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG