The online racing simulator
Round 5 - Pre Race Discussion
So, 6 hours of Kyoto GP Long Reverse... Should allow for some slightly more interesting strategies and could produce a surprise result.

What kind of race laptimes are we expecting here?
Quote from Mp3 Astra :So, 6 hours of Kyoto GP Long Reverse... Should allow for some slightly more interesting strategies and could produce a surprise result.

What kind of race laptimes are we expecting here?

We tested this combo some time before round 4 was even started. XRR seemed to be fastest for us, and i think that this is the one of few tracks where XRR is competitive along with FZR with these restrictions.

2.20 laptimes here at its best, i think that 2.19 times are possible. from us ofc..

Race pace, around 2.18 - 2.21

Good luck for participants as this is the longest round in the season
Testing myself XRR there for Starlite guys, got into nice 2:20's. That's really great combo and the car feels great there, so the race should come okay for the racers, I wish I could race there.
Qualify time should be something high 2.18 or low/mid 2.19.
#4 - GabbO
Discussion starts pretty early. I havent done a lap yet (at least not for this event)
Well done some laps, driving currently 2:18.5... i think in race 2:19 would be ok.
Everybody goes 2.18-2.19 so track isnt too easy?
Just did 5 laps or so and got my time to a 2:25 i know its not fast but i should be able to widdle it down to a nice 2:22 or 2:21 maybe less?
Quote from swisscosmo :Just did 5 laps or so and got my time to a 2:25 i know its not fast but i should be able to widdle it down to a nice 2:22 or 2:21 maybe less?

Gonna be harder for FXR than for XRR/FZR
Quote from swisscosmo :Just did 5 laps or so and got my time to a 2:25 i know its not fast but i should be able to widdle it down to a nice 2:22 or 2:21 maybe less?

I'll give it a try min the FXR (if I cba ) tomorrow or so. I suspect it's a little underpowered tho. Maybe you can do 20's with it, but you would have to compete with the 18's by FZRs
I know its going to be hard maybe to compete witht he XRR/FZR but those times i siad i should eb able to get are my goals but sure i would love to go faster.
It's gonna be tough, but as well very enjoyable and experienced racing.
Quote from Mojo1987 :Well done some laps, driving currently 2:18.5... i think in race 2:19 would be ok.

Flipping flip

I've only got another 3.5 seconds to find then.......
Then your avatar is just right

-------
|HELP!|
-------
|
|
Quote from GabbO :Then your avatar is just right

-------
|HELP!|
-------
|
|

Yep, I didn't choose that avatar by accident
Quote from HVS5b :Flipping flip

I've only got another 3.5 seconds to find then.......

Strike that, 2 seconds to find. Down to 2.22.00 now.....

Are people managing to make r2's work on the front ok? (FZR)
Quote from HVS5b :Strike that, 2 seconds to find. Down to 2.22.00 now.....

Are people managing to make r2's work on the front ok? (FZR)

R2 only works in qualy. Tested R3/R3 Race Setup. Starting with 2:20 in die first 2-3 Laps, then times goes up to 2:21 between lap 3 and 8, because of tire overheating. After Lap 8 we can constant drive 2:19. In end of a stint, we can do 2:18.high.

R2 would be to hot in race and burning like hell. Can't drive more then 40 minutes with it... but maybe its my driving style.
Many teams managed last year at 16H race what was held on KY3 using R2/R3 and they worked fine. Just need to slide the car through everywhere for the first 10 laps or so, so you wont get overheat.
Quote from Kristjan.J :Many teams managed last year at 16H race what was held on KY3 using R2/R3 and they worked fine. Just need to slide the car through everywhere for the first 10 laps or so, so you wont get overheat.

KY3 is not KY3R. KY3R ist much harder for tyres because the breaking point in T1 and the long right turn after the oval and the left right combination before split 2.

On KY3 you only have the long left before Split 2 they challenge the tires.
weeeeeeeeeeeeee

looking forward to it
FXR can do 2.20...check R2R server they are in 2.18 in KY3...
Quote from MoMo92i :FXR can do 2.20...check R2R server they are in 2.18 in KY3...

fxr will be close here because of the 4WD... they can brake much later in T1 (Chicane after start/finish), T3 (Turn off the oval), T7 (Turn after split 2) and T9 (Final chicane)
Are ya gonna use any kind of layout ??. Or is it already on server ??
Its already on GTAL Server
Quote from Intermediate07 :what are your pb`s up to now ?? i did 24 laps and got a 2:19.789

but sure 2:18.xxx is possible

2:18.2 but offline and maybe with a little cut. On the GTAL Layout mid 18 should be fine in qual

Round 5 - Pre Race Discussion
(72 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG