The online racing simulator
Network Wi-Fi <> Wire
(10 posts, started )
Network Wi-Fi <> Wire
Hi, I have my laptop I recently bought connected on the wireless here at home. And my PC on with the wire.
Now, when look on my PC, I go to network, I only see me and my brother on the network.
My brother is on wire aswell. When I look on laptop, I go to network aswell, And I see my brother aswell. But PC <> Laptop of me not. I have enabled all options about share blah blah. All 3 OS's are vista. Does anyone have an idea what's wrong?
Quote from Bose321 :Does anyone have an idea what's wrong?

You are using Wi-Fi for a start.
Quote from spankmeyer :You are using Wi-Fi for a start.

Lol, The cable doesn't fit in the laptop, The cable is more wide then the hole. It uses some other sort cable?
#4 - Jakg
Your trying to put the ethernet lead in the dial-up modem port.
Haha, I knew I did something wrong. But there must be something wrong set up that I can't see laptop on pc. And can't see pc on laptop
Turn off software firewall (it will block network access), check file and printer sharing is enabled.

In this situation you dont want a software firewall because you want people to access your computer. Your router is already acting as a firewall to the outside world anyway*

*(note: wireless networks can theoretically be cracked & accessed from somebody locally - but the odds of hacking past your router over the internet is very extremely exceedingly remote).
#7 - arco
Quote from Bose321 :Hi, I have my laptop I recently bought connected on the wireless here at home. And my PC on with the wire.
Now, when look on my PC, I go to network, I only see me and my brother on the network.
My brother is on wire aswell. When I look on laptop, I go to network aswell, And I see my brother aswell. But PC <> Laptop of me not. I have enabled all options about share blah blah. All 3 OS's are vista. Does anyone have an idea what's wrong?

Have you actually shared something on the laptop? Unless you share something, I don't think it will appear in the list. Also make sure the workgroup name is the same as used on the other two computers.
Yeah, it now works. I disabled and enabled Avast on PC and laptop, and it now works. You don't have to share to see it.
We have 2 laptops on wireless 3 desktops that are wired and 1 desktop that is wireless. 3 running vista 3 running xp and its a bit of a lottery as too who can see who. When it comes too networking at our house the simple things are always the most difficult.
Yeah I can imagine that. I'm glad it now works. Now I can send games and stuff to my laptop for the holidays. With a respectable speed of 2,70mb/s.

Network Wi-Fi <> Wire
(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG