The online racing simulator
garage: car rotation
(14 posts, started )
Hi.
Wouldn't it be better to "click and drag" the car in the garage to rotate it and view it from different angles, instead of those 2 arrows ("start" & "stop") we have now ?
+1.. the arrows are way too slow..
Not to mention it would be pretty cool to rotate on other axis as well.
#4 - hp999
Defently +1's for Ripley's and rsnake53's idea!
+9 :hide:
+10
Quote from rsnake53 :Not to mention it would be pretty cool to rotate on other axis as well.

Not to "steal" intellectual credits to rsnake53 but of course I meant on the 3 axis too, just like any 3D object in, for example, IL-2 flight simulator...(even if from a "garage point of view" maybe it's not so useful to watch a car from dead top, but hey).

There could also be a kind of snap to some fixed positions feature, so when you approach the front view (or side view), it aids in centering the car.
I don't think that this is a must-have feature as I find it a bit useless to sway the car around in the garage. You barely need to rotate the car when you're makig a setup. If you wanna design skins, CMX viewer allows you to rotate the car with mouse.
While I can see the value in being able to quickly rotate the car along the X-axis, the ability to rotate the car is supposed to be to check suspension settings, not to be a glorified viewer. And for that, the Y-axis is largely pointless

That said, for the sake of skin screenshots, you can get much nicer backdrops for the in-game garage than you can for the Car Viewer! I guess that's sort of a +0.5 for me
Quote from MadCatX :...You barely need to rotate the car when you're makig a setup...

Yes, at the current state maybe only "yaw" rotation is enough...I am a supernoob with setups, so I often need to rotate the car in order to see which setup parameter changes what...
When LFS will model the bottom of cars, we'll probably need the "pitch" rotation too (excuse me for using aviation terms).

I only thought of a more practical way of rotating objects.
Maybe the Devs decided for the arrows because car rotation now is only around one axis, but if rotation should take place around more axis simultaneously, you easily see how "arrows system" isn't practical anymore.

And no, it's not for viewing skins.
Attached images
800px-Flight_dynamics_with_text.png
Quote from Ripley :Yes, at the current state maybe only "yaw" rotation is enough...I am a supernoob with setups, so I often need to rotate the car in order to see which setup parameter changes what...
When LFS will model the bottom of cars, we'll probably need the "pitch" rotation too (excuse me for using aviation terms).

I only thought of a more practical way of rotating objects.
Maybe the Devs decided for the arrows because car rotation now is only around one axis, but if rotation should take place around more axis simultaneously, you easily see how "arrows system" isn't practical anymore.

And no, it's not for viewing skins.

What exactly do you see that way?
Quote from spyxter :What exactly do you see that way?

Wheels/suspensions moving, on which axis/direction/angle they move, and how much they move...these kind of things, I said I'm a noob
Not everybody knows what caster, toe in, toe out, (put the rest here) mean...
I was wondering why anyone would mean to have a feature like that to spin it on one axis only...

Granted, it's not a top priority feature, but it would be nice to have in a finished product. They could even open development a little to let modders take a shot at such small tasks.
Quote from rsnake53 :I was wondering why anyone would mean to have a feature like that to spin it on one axis only...

Granted, it's not a top priority feature, but it would be nice to have in a finished product. They could even open development a little to let modders take a shot at such small tasks.

i agree, go ahead throw flaming bananas at me :mr-t:

(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG