The online racing simulator
New Team: BlackSheep SimRacing Team
(11 posts, started )
Its a pleasure to anounce the simracing community that a new Team is born!

The BlackSheep SimRacing Team (aka BS) started in February 22, 2006, by a group of friends willing to find a home were to have fun as a team, with people who share our passion for online racing simulators, and our ideals of how a team should work among friends.

We got simple and few rules, just enough to describe the kind of behaviour we expect from our members. We are all adults, so common sense and a good attitude is really the only thing required. Our ideals are simple: be Fun, Friendly and Fair.

BS is focused on simulator games, which is the kind of game we enjoy. Currently BS plays mainly Live For Speed S2 (www.liveforspeed.net), but the team is not limited to it, we also play GT Legends from time to time, and any other game our members feel like, but it is not the idea to support many games, instead, we would like to concentrate only in a few of them to maintain a close relationship among our members.

If you want to learn more about the new team around, and maybe have fun with us on the track, please visit us:

Website: www.blacksheepteam.com (design and content is still WIP)
Forum: BS Forum

The team starts with:

[BS]Wobbly
[BS]Jean-Ni
[BS]Rafo

...and hopefully a couple more to come in the next days or weeks
#2 - P1lot
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Welcome!

What are the pings of european servers from Peru?
Maybe not that good ....

So I fear we will never meet on a server ...
Well, actually I am living in Brazil since last June, but from either country I have never had problems on high pings, the max I see on the list is usually around 300, and the server we rent is in the UK, and the ping is usually bellow 200. I guess its not were you are but the connection you got
Amazing.

But pings slightly below 200 are not so good in my opinion.
I guess, pings around 30 to 60 are acceptable. And I would say, that distance does indeed have an effect. It simply takes a while for signals to travel ...

But if it works, that's all right.
#6 - bbman
Now that's what I call a good introduction!

Good Luck with your team, looking forward to racing some of you from time to time...

@horsepower: LfS' netcode has been proven to handle higher pings well too... This isn't CS, where even 100 is bad...
Oh, I really don't know much about all this online gaming stuff. I didn't play CS or anything else like that, only LFS since a couple of months now.

But I'm allways happy to learn something new

Back to topic: Welcome to the community, BlackSheep SimRacing Team
Thanks for your kind words! ...we are glad to announce that a friend since the S1 times, has accepted our offer and has joined the BlackSheeps. please join me to welcome [BS]Fizzer!
Just wanted to stop in and say hey...did "some" laps tonight with WobblyJean and had a blast ... to bad we sucked so often...I registered at the other forum but it wouldnlt let me post
Megabump!

Where has [BS] been? I've missed their bs, so to speak.
How to introduce a team: LESSON 1.

Very nice

(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG