The online racing simulator
Youtube full of ADs
(17 posts, started )
Youtube full of ADs
What the heck is going on with this? It's quite annoying since a couple of weeks. There are ADs popping in almost every video.
Google is making losses on Youtube every year so these ad's are trying to help ease the problem.

However it look's likely some major changes will take place soon, charges may be brought in :/
#3 - 5haz
The whole reason why Youtube is so popular is because its free, make people pay for some of its services, and not many people will.

Blame the greedy bastards that they have to pay royalties to.
Quote from 5haz :The whole reason why Youtube is so popular is because its free, make people pay for some of its services, and not many people will.

The problem Google have is paying for the bandwith on there Server's as Youtube is so popular
Quote from Riders Motion :What the heck is going on with this? It's quite annoying since a couple of weeks. There are ADs popping in almost every video.

What!! a business trying making money??? never! lol
Woah, thought it read "Youtube is full of AIDs"...Which is very true
Quote from dougie-lampkin :Woah, thought it read "Youtube is full of AIDs"...Which is very true

Agree

Anyways, if there would be any payment ... then i would show them my middle finger. Im sure that it will lose alot of popularity if anything like this happens. I really hope that it wont happen, love youtube <3
#8 - 5haz
Quote from mclarenmatt :The problem Google have is paying for the bandwith on there Server's as Youtube is so popular

Yeah that too, but certain groups have been demanding royalties for music played in youtube videos, I thought they were going to pull ALL music from youtube as a result, they must have backed down and agreed to pay royalties instead.
I love YouTube aswell. I am just VERY annoyed lately by all this 'did he die' comments. It's just really damn annoying...
Quote :Yeah that too, but certain groups have been demanding royalties for music played in youtube videos, I thought they were going to pull ALL music from youtube as a result, they must have backed down and agreed to pay royalties instead.

They refused to pay the UK Performing Arts Council who where too gready, so in the UK we dont get many videos. In other countries however they have paid. The ones we cant get dont show in our search results anymore, but I still find them from music sent to me by a friend - none-the-less, just about every song can still be found either in a live performance or home made video (I think they are calling this trend VJ'ing now?).
Youtube helped me alot, enjoyed me alot and i have had lots of fun. I dont wanna lose it
oh c'mon...those ads are awsome. they teached me that shakira has more IQ than obama
Quote from mclarenmatt :Google is making losses on Youtube every year so these ad's are trying to help ease the problem.

However it look's likely some major changes will take place soon, charges may be brought in :/

False.

Youtube is and has always been an ad-supported business model, it's just that the number of adverts needed to offset the cost of video hosting is high. Google don't lose money with Youtube, it's just their profit margins are relatively small.

It's like people complaining about the advertising on Spotify - who the hell do you think pays for the bandwidth and licensing?!
Ads on free stuff is perfectly fine. It's the ads on stuff you pay for that I hate. I pay to go see a movie, I am forced a bunch of ads before the movie plays. I pay for a DVD, I am forced a bunch of ads before the movie plays, forced because some DVDs you can not skip past the ads. I pay for my TV reception with satellite TV. I am forced to watch ads.

Satellite TV is the one that kills me. I pay to view it, the satellite/cable company pays for the right to broadcast the channels, everyone gets their money, yet I have to watch ads on TV. With satellite radio (if I had it), I would not be forced to listen to ads, there aren't any. So why am I forced to watch ads on satellite TV of which I pay a fee to watch?
Quote from pb32000 :False.

Youtube is and has always been an ad-supported business model, it's just that the number of adverts needed to offset the cost of video hosting is high. Google don't lose money with Youtube, it's just their profit margins are relatively small.

It's like people complaining about the advertising on Spotify - who the hell do you think pays for the bandwidth and licensing?!

http://www.computerweekly.com/ ... of-almost-500m-a-year.htm

http://www.afterdawn.com/news/archive/14524.cfm

Thats alot of money to payout for Google :/
Quote from mclarenmatt :Google is making losses on Youtube every year so these ad's are trying to help ease the problem.

Hahah and watch them make LESS money.
If you are using Firefox Adblock Plus might be of interest. Not only does it block your every day ads, it also blocks ads embedded in flash applets.

Youtube full of ADs
(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG