The online racing simulator
More Cars and Tracks PLEASE.
(143 posts, started )
Well, considering every post of Scawen had "Expect something good/big later this year" one can hope we might get a new track too with that long awaited Socco.
Nice bit of speculation there

Should we spread that now or do you want to add a few features to spice it up?
-
(obsolum) DELETED by obsolum
Quote from hmn7 :the new m3 sedan would be great to have in lfs
developers are you listening?? No youre not listening....

They won't listen to random people that just call random cars. They can't just 'put' a car in the game...
Quote from hmn7 :developers are you listening?? No youre not listening....

hmn7 are you s2 licensed?? No youre not s2 licensed....
Quote from Shadowww :hmn7 are you s2 licensed?? No youre not s2 licensed....

That shouldn't matter. Just like saying "he's black, so his vote doesn't count.".
Quote from Forbin :That said, I think it still highlights that the OP has no clue. If he really wanted to build an ultimate gaming rig with his uber salary, he'd have a Nehalem (Core i7).

PC#2 is very very offended by that comment.
Quote from bmwracer67 :"wow what a rig" specs

I wouldn't call that a wow PC tbh.
Quote from Bose321 :That shouldn't matter. Just like saying "he's black, so his vote doesn't count.".

No, it's like saying you don't pay taxes, so you're not allegeable to vote.
Quote from Jakg :PC#2 is very very offended by that comment.I wouldn't call that a wow PC tbh.

Believe me, I was quite happy with AMD, from K6-2 on through Athlon XP, and for the longest time I intended to build an Athlon 64 box. They've always been a solid value option, even when they were beating Intel at the high end. These days, though, if you're building a high-end or money-is-no-object kind of system, Intel is the way to go.

The benchmarks don't lie.

http://www.anandtech.com/cpuch ... owdoc.aspx?i=3574&p=7
You should change the title of the thread and move it to hardware etc
Quote from ANAMENOONEHAD :LFS looks good but not the best Iracing is prolly the best IMO. but lfs is very clean.

LFS doesnt need more cars most of the cars are underused as it is.

Tracks hell yes this is were lfs is lacking content what is it like 6 environments? That is weak IMO. Bring on the NEW tracks and not just a new config for a old environment....would refresh LFS like lemonade on a hot summer day.

Agree. We have enough cars as it is. The only thing i'd do to them, would be to finish the interiors of the ones that aren't done yet. Concerning tracks, i think BL and SO updates (new roads) would be welcome, along with a whole new track, as diferent from the others, as the ones we currently have are from each other.
Quote from batteryy :well, the quality of physics would drop instantly. no way you can create so good physics to many cars in small time. and also i think the ''modders' arent enough good to make as good physics as we now have on cars

i think if the dev's worked closely with the Best guys here, the results Could be excellent, i.e, get a top notch modeler to make the car, dev's polish it off, Thus lfs expands for the greater good.

This doesn't mean We get the codes or anything but make universal models for dev's to work with... Speed up the modifying process.

but then again, their good at what they do, if they need time we should be patient.
...this thread has so much lock potential that I have to say:

I'm in before the lock!

fun reading though...
Quote from rediske :...this thread has so much lock potential that I have to say:

I'm in before the lock!

fun reading though...

Another high quality played out meme that went out of fashion many moons ago.
Why not just ignore threads like this... then they die all by them self. There is no need for an admin to press the trigger.

~b
/me Napalms Shadou
Quote from Shadowww :Sure they do not.

<pic>

Core i7 965 (0.6 fps more than Phenom II X4 955): $999
AMD Phenom II X4 955: $245

What's point of buying 4 times more expensive CPU for 0.6 fps?

My point still stands. AMD may provide better value in some (most?) cases, but the top of the line Intel CPU is still faster.

Anyway, that's not a CPU-bound test. The bottleneck is elsewhere. This one is more CPU-bound:

Note that the 2.66GHz Nehalem is at near price parity with the 3.2GHz Deneb.
Quote from LiveForBoobs :Agree. We have enough cars as it is. The only thing i'd do to them, would be to finish the interiors of the ones that aren't done yet. Concerning tracks, i think BL and SO updates (new roads) would be welcome, along with a whole new track, as diferent from the others, as the ones we currently have are from each other.

If not adding a stock car I would actually want atleast a prototype

The Mooncraft prototype (or a mooncraft copy) would be AWESOME. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mooncraft_Shiden

More Cars and Tracks PLEASE.
(143 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG