The online racing simulator
More Cars and Tracks PLEASE.
(143 posts, started )
Hello, this is my first post and may I say I LOVE LFS

RIGHT, why is it that such a popular SIM has only a few tracks and cars??

Don't get me wrong, these guys have built some quality stuff here, but why not open it up to the modding freaks????

I think LFS looks the best out of all the SIMS (rfactor,Race07 etc), so why not let those modders loose???

I would love to see more as long as the quality control was in place.

Here's my system anyway, incase your wondering what I'm running:

ASUS M3NHT-DELUXE MOBO
PII 940 BE (on air 3.6G)
GTX295 GPU-SLi
G25
TrackIR5
CoolerMaster HAF
Vista 64
4GIG Corsair DOMMS
G15 Keyboard
G9 Mouse
Samsung T240 - 24inc Monitor

And every simm you can shake a wheel at.lol

LFS being my favourite for TrackIR5, its just soooo sweet.NICE.

Regards
BboyMassUK
Birmingham
well, the quality of physics would drop instantly. no way you can create so good physics to many cars in small time. and also i think the ''modders' arent enough good to make as good physics as we now have on cars
Also, search is your friend. That topic has been discussed on end various times...
Still, welcome to the forums.
Yea, like I said - quality control would be a full time job.

Would love to see a London Route and Birmingham Grand Prix route from the 1980's.

I must say, they workd hard for Trackir to work. Its really nice compared to the others.

You running Trackir ??
Quote from ColeusRattus :That topic has been discussed on end various times...

C'mon, give the guy some credit, he re-created an old topic with a twist by randomly typing his PC specs in the middle of the post.
Well BOB, I'm proud of my RIG - took ages to get it right, so I'm gona shout from the highest mountain.lol

Has anyone tried creating there own tracks for LFS ???

Or have the developers locked that down?
It's locked down, since the game is still in alpha stage.
To answer your question: Modding of cars and tracks is 1) not easily done and 2) not allowed by the devs. It still happens, at least for cars, but linking to those mods is prohibited in here.
Quote from Bboy-MassUK :Well BOB, I'm proud of my RIG - took ages to get it right, so I'm gona shout from the highest mountain

But how many credit cards did you max out to get it.
Quote from Bboy-MassUK :

Here's my system anyway, incase your wondering what I'm running:

ASUS M3NHT-DELUXE MOBO
PII 940 BE (on air 3.6G)
GTX295 GPU-SLi
G25
TrackIR5
CoolerMaster HAF
Vista 64
4GIG Corsair DOMMS
G15 Keyboard
G9 Mouse
Samsung T240 - 24inc Monitor

Roflecopter
I was so totally wondering that, unreal how could You know I will be wondering what You're running
I believe big part of community don't have that powerful and expensive rigs. So please, no one will suit game special for you.
i'm lucky that mine turns on in the mornings...
Quote from [DUcK] :i'm lucky that mine turns on in the mornings...

...and i'm happy theres still button to turn it on
Well it cost a fair bit, but considering my money could have been spent on booze and drugs, its money well spent

All in all, it cost around £1,500 pounds - over the last 18 months. This aint too bad considering the fun ive had.

GTX295 is overkill for this game, but I plan on going TrippleHead2GO with 3 screens for Xmas, so I needed the power to keep the all important 60fps

I love this game, now i have the config right it feels very nice.

Anyway, back on TOPIC

Will there be a DX10 patch ???
Welcome to the forums

LFS is uses DX8, as you have said it looks as good if not better than some games/sims, some that use DX9 shaders too.

I doubt we will see any DX9 or DX10 effects in LFS anytime soon however due to the way its developed, you never know whats round the corner

For me I like the GFX and when racing I dont look at the scenery a great deal

SD.
Agree. The gameis crisp and has a nice draw distance with no pop-up.
Thanks to the guys in the configuration section I've managed to get the g25 biting on corners now. This has made a big difference and allows the physics to come through.

I'm very impressed for what a lic costs.

Just need more time to play now. LOL.
Oh God.... Another "look at me, I am so awesome and better than you" member?

Anyways, Welcome.

As many have said, LFS is still in development. More tracks/cars are to be expected, however, when is not known.
Devildave,

Just because I decide to print my rig specs, doesn't mean I'm trying to show off or anything like that. Ive met many jealuos people in my life because I earn a high wage (because I work hard) but never met jealousy on a forum before.

Nevermind there's a first for everything.

Get a life or get a new graphics card. LOL.
Quote from Bboy-MassUK :Just because I decide to print my rig specs, doesn't mean I'm trying to show off or anything like that.

Considering you weren't posting about any technical issue, I'm not convinced by that statement.
Quote from Bob Smith :Considering you weren't posting about any technical issue, I'm not convinced by that statement.

Cmon, why else would he post them?
Quote from Bboy-MassUK :
4GIG Corsair DOMMS

How many 4GIG DOMMS?

Quote from Bboy-MassUK :

I think LFS looks the best out of all the SIMS (rfactor,Race07 etc), so why not let those modders loose???

Because then it will no longer hold the above mentioned title, and will most likely become a heap of crap
Quote from Forbin :Have fun with your PII and 4 GIG of DOMMS.

aye, a better CPU and some RAM and this guys system will out-perform my iPhone :P

welcome to the forums, it is a great sim - but the modding atm is limited to non-content mods, which in this regard LFS is very healthy for mods and way ahead of the other sims because of it's excellent data interface. But like many old hacks, I too wait for more content before picking the game up again.
Nice welcome guys?? what's your problem? Loads of people have there rig specs in their sig's

Bboy-MassUK - Welcome to LFS , and dont let a few people give you the wrong idea about the rest of the community, mostly a friendly bunch round here

Have fun
Quote from Becky Rose :aye, a better CPU and some RAM and this guys system will out-perform my iPhone :P

After I posted that I realized he was talking about Phenom 2. Still odd considering most people who talk about a P2 are refering to a Pentium 2.

That said, I think it still highlights that the OP has no clue. If he really wanted to build an ultimate gaming rig with his uber salary, he'd have a Nehalem (Core i7).

(143 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG