The online racing simulator
GP4 Offline racing idea
(43 posts, started )
GP4 Offline racing idea
YOU DO NOT NEED GP4 FOR THIS! IT IS A TEAM MANAGER TYPE LEAGUE!
Got back into GP4 and while watching a race i thought it would be fun to have an offline racing league of sorts. So what i have come up with is the following...

You start off with 100 points to spend on car performance.
1 point can get you 2 HP for your qualifying engine while 1 point will gain you 1 HP for your race engine. You can also spend points on reliability or you can risk it and leave it as it is although it is set to a pretty high failure rate.

Then you have 1000 points to spend on your drivers ability. These points are worth a few seconds and can be spent on their qualifying ability, race ability and how much this can vary by. The variation is a gamble as you could gain a few tenths on a weekend or loose a few tenths. Sticking it all on Qualifying will have you easily at the front of the grid however you will almost definitely finish last in the race. Sticking it all on race will mean you start from the back and will slice your way through the pack but remember this is AI and they can get stuck behind cars especially if your rival has more HP. So you need a fine balance!

What i would like to do for now is just test this idea. I have a spreadsheet (it isn't ideal but easiest option for now) to allocate points and i ask you download this and throw in some numbers and PM them to me (so no one else knows!) then i can do a test race with your team! Team Name and Drive Names would also be welcome!

In the spreadsheet the grey boxes are the numbers you change and the black boxes show how many points you have left. For now you don't need to change reliability or driver variation. They do work but do not really change a lot.

I hope there is a bit of interest in this i would like to run this within the next hour or two and would like at least 6 teams! There is room for 22 people to play this! But for now 1 person can have one team for themselves.

I have more ideas for future running just wan't to see how this goes!
Attached files
gp4.zip - 4.3 KB - 133 views
YAY me I has race entry.
Awesome glad i got someone to enter was a little scared no one would be interested

Might not run the race until tomorrow morning (10pm here now) all depends on how quickly i can get some numbers!
i keep reinstalling GP4 for these awesome looking cars that pop up every now and then but it always ends up not working properly.
#5 - 5haz
Meh, disc corrupted.

Why have ALL my game CDs and DVDs corrupted just by me leaving them on the shelf in their cases? Some of them are only about 3 years old, yet my GPL CD, which is 11 years old still works fine, huh.
I think, in Sil3ntwars game, he's basically doing a race manager thing and we dont need to run the game? I think thats the case anyway. I hope so as i've long since had GP4 stolen off me by my brother.
PM'ed
I'm in!
Becky is right i just put the data in and run a race. It has been pretty interesting watching the AI race but i have to make the values up myself and its not quite the same as getting other people to do it.

I have had two entries so far from Becky and UncleBenny so i have 3 teams since i made one as well. Looks like im going to have to post at another forum to get some interest!
Im in though there are two fields for driver one ability, so im curious as to what each field means?
One should be driver one other driver two i labeled it wrong. The spreadsheet is only too help you with the numbers until i either make a program or get a website up.

What you want to end up with is 2 numbers per driver.

So one driver might be 15500 and 15500 which would make him average at both qualy and race the other driver might be 15100 and 15900 which would make him an awesome racer but lousy qualifier.

That spreadsheet might be a little confusing but will have to do for now.
Thank you, made things a tad clearer
Alright i ran a race (acclerated time so no screenshots) with the few that entered. Pretty obvious it needs some adjustment! I am going to change it so it costs 2 points for one Race HP and just one point for qualy seen as qualy hp doesnt do much! and increasing Race HP will increase the chance of failure. I think i will have to change the drivers race ability to use more points as well.

Need to make the AI stop pitting as well as those that pit tend too loose out to those that don't in such a short race.

Anywho race results are as follows! (yea its a mess blame the game :razz

Grid Position

Japan - Suzuka
(3 Laps)

Pos Driver Time/Speed

1st Uncle Hakinnen 1m 32.491s

2nd Benny Coulthard +0.622

3rd Ralf Schumacher +0.700

4th Tomas Enge +1.327

5th Mary Lee-Shunting +1.692

6th Tim Chadwick +1.818

7th Heinz-Harald Frentzen +2.297

8th

9th

10th

11th

12th Clare Fuldriver +2.697

13th

14th

15th

16th

17th

18th

19th

20th

21st

22nd

Race Results

Japan - Suzuka
(26 Laps)

Pos Driver Time/Speed

1st Clare Fuldriver 41m 25.766s
Beck'n D'lea-ferrari
2nd Uncle hakkinen +21.943s
Benny Racing-mercedes
3rd ralf schumacher +31.652s
Wick Racing-bmw
4th tomas enge +44.802s
sil3nt racin-toymota
5th Mary Lee-Shunting +52.030s
Beck'n D'lea-ferrari
6th giancarlo fisichella +1m 28.549s
benetton-renault
7th olivier panis +1m 36.387s
bar-honda
8th jacques villeneuve -1 Lap
bar-honda
9th nick heidfeld -1 Lap
sauber-petronas
10th jos verstappen -1 Lap
arrows-asiatech
11th eddie irvine -1 Lap
jaguar-cosworth
12th pedro de la rosa -1 Lap
jaguar-cosworth
13th enrique bernoldi -1 Lap
arrows-asiatech
14th jarno trulli -1 Lap
jordan-honda
15th alex yoong -1 Lap
minardi-european
16th jean alesi -1 Lap
jordan-honda
17th kimi raikkonen Puncture
sauber-petronas
18th Tim Chadwick Loose Wheel
Wick Racing-bmw
19th Benny coulthard Engine
Benny Racing-mercedes
20th fernando alonso Didn't Finish
minardi-european
21st jenson button Didn't Finish
benetton-renault
22nd heinz-harald frentzen Didn't Finish
sil3nt racin-toymota

#14 - JJ72
hmm will we get to see the race if we enter?
My plan was to just do screen shots. I can record certain parts of the race and make a highlight clip that shouldn't be too hard.
NO! Damn loose wheel, lol i wonder what position i was running before that oh well atleast one of my drivers got to the podium.
PMing ya my entry...
Cheers at the moment it is need of some major changes which i am working on. This could be fun if i can find a balanced way of upgrading everything.
YAY I win *deep bow* But mah team name is one character too long, hrmz. May has to drop the apostraphe.
Blown engine...garbage. Probably would have had two on the podium!
Couldnt happen to run another one could you with the old ones? This all intrigues me.
Ok i will do another race this time at SPA with DieKolkrabe's team as well. Although he didnt use all his points i just assigned them for him Can't do any screenshots as my internet is capped for the next few days.
uh

About that, stick 'em all in reliablity+racecraft pl0x

I blanked on 'em, my bad
Ok that was one hell of a crazy 9 laps at spa...in the wet

It didnt save the grid properly the second time (first time game crashed when i alt tabbed out during race) but here are the results:

Race Results

Belgium - Spa Francorchamps
(9 Laps)

Pos Driver Time/Speed

1st Benny coulthard 18m 47.401s
Benny Racing-mercedes
2nd Graham Rahal +2.367s
IRLF1-renault
3rd Tim Chadwick +8.194s
Wick Racing-bmw
4th tomas enge +15.925s
sil3nt racin-toymota
5th ralf schumacher +17.361s
Wick Racing-bmw
6th Clare Fuldriver +36.190s
Beck'n D'lea-ferrari
7th Uncle hakkinen +42.216s
Benny Racing-mercedes
8th pedro de la rosa +45.245s
jaguar-cosworth
9th alex yoong +48.744s
minardi-european
10th fernando alonso +57.159s
minardi-european
11th nick heidfeld +59.577s
sauber-petronas
12th Marco Andretti +1m 00.639s
IRLF1-renault
13th eddie irvine +1m 02.003s
jaguar-cosworth
14th enrique bernoldi +1m 02.735s
arrows-asiatech
15th jos verstappen +1m 06.026s
arrows-asiatech
16th jean alesi +1m 06.751s
jordan-honda
17th jacques villeneuve +1m 10.277s
bar-honda
18th Mary Lee-Shunting +1m 15.280s
Beck'n D'lea-ferrari
19th kimi raikkonen +1m 17.332s
sauber-petronas
20th olivier panis Suspension
bar-honda
21st jarno trulli Didn't Finish
jordan-honda
22nd heinz-harald frentzen Engine
sil3nt racin-toymota

I took 5196 screenshots during the race and have compiled them into a video that i will put up soon! It was anything but a normal race.

GP4 Offline racing idea
(43 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG