The online racing simulator
2nd April ATC 60 Lap GP
(72 posts, closed, started )
2nd April ATC 60 Lap GP
This is something unusual but nice to try:

WARNING: THIS RACE WILL TAKE UPTO 3 1/2 HOURS LONG!!! - If you cannot handle the distance. PLEASE DO NOT SIGN UP

Full Race Details Below:

Date: Sunday 2nd April
Time:
Open Qual: 19:20 GMT (15 minutes)
Race Start: 19:40 GMT
LFS Version: S2 (latest patch to date)

Server: ATC 60 Lap GP
Car: RB4
Track: Kyoto GP

Enter the ATC GP

Rules:

We use some CRC Rules as guidelines. THESE ARE ONLY GUIDELINES but please try to follow them:

1. Incidents: If you hit another driver and gain a position advantage it is good sportsmanship to allow that driver to retake his position. We do not expect you to stop racing. Use your head, give some courtosy.

2. Defensive driving: Blocking is all part of a great race. You are allowed to block other drivers from passing you as long as:

(1) No deliberate contact is made

(2) the other driver is NOT beside you. If the driver is already beside you DO NOT force that driver off of the track.

3. Exiting pits: When exiting pits make sure that it is clear before you enter onto the racing line. Use of the track map and the look left & right keys/buttons is recommended. If cars are approaching, do NOT leave the pit lane unless you are fighting for position - Please do NOT cross the pit exit line when leaving the pits unless there is an obstruction that makes it impossible not to do so.

4. Re-entering track: If you go off the track in a race DO NOT reset the car or drive back onto the track. You could possibly ruin another race in progress. Again, you should use your map and look controls to see if anyone is coming. If you do re-enter the track safely but are too slow and drivers are getting closer behind you... drive off the racing line, or if necessary, pull off to the side of the track to give room.

5. Car Damage / Fuel: If your car gets severely damaged in an incident and you want to try and make it back to the pit lane, then, drive off the racing line to let faster cars past. If you run out of fuel get off the racing line as soon as possible or pit right away. We recommend that you turn your hazard lights on to let other players know you are a caution on the track (press 9 on your keyboard. 0 to turn them off).

6. Contact: Rubbing and tapping are all parts or everyday racing, so, this is allowed as long as it doesn't harm anyone's race or gain you an advantage. Due to occasional lag, small taps may cause a major crash, so be careful!

7. Race Rules: If you are being lapped by leaders please let them pass you, when it is safe do to so ( i.e. not in the middle of a chicane ), and as quickly as possible. You should be told by an on screen message if you are being lapped, the words “Blue Flag” will be displayed.

8. Pitting: Pitting can become dangerous if you do not pay attention. It is required that you drive in the 'pit lane' used to enter and exit the pits. Don't drive straight across every pit box, instead go to the furthest available pitbox. - This will allow more drivers to pit safely on the same lap(s)

9. Deliberate Corner Cutting: Deliberate Corner cutting is not liked. Please dont do it.

**NOTE: As this is not a CRC Event some of the above rules are flexible and are meant as guidelines only. We DO expect all participents to follow these guidelines as if the way you drove had consequences in real life.

If a driver who has entered the race is unable to attend on the day it is upto THAT DRIVER to find a replacement to drive for him and to let ATC Franky500 know about the change as soon as it is known. (e-mail: [email protected]). If the driver is unable to find a replacement then a reserve driver will be given the space.

All results and replays will be posted on the ATC Team website within 72 hours of the race. Please feel free to post your own race reports in a thread which will be provided on the day.

To enter the event please fill in the form HERE

Confirmed Drivers:
ATC Franky500
ATC Alt-Ctrl
ATC Stoney
ATC Serpentine|M
sccc|Lake
sccc|zeugnimod
[ITEK]B11tme
[ITEK] Jamie
[noobs] th84
Pringles
Gray
Cropsy
[sr]4x4freak
GAG

So far only 12 Brave men here. Tell your friends. Join the race. It should be fun if more will join
#2 - Tukko
well well.. this looks interesting.. I'm in
Not sure if I will be in this one. Kyoto GP is a nice track, I'm just terrible at it...
#4 - th84
Well, i suck at all track/cars... so ill give it a go!!
#5 - Vain
I will also first give this combo some careful consideration. I love Kyoto GP, but it's definitely a track for the cars beyond MRT in the car-selection screen.

Vain
Bollocks!
(I'm afraid it was the most eloquent word i could find :shrug

I can't race this one, I'm gonna be in Germany at a Doom-Metal festival:headbang:

As some of you may know, Budshovel (my team) are also a Stoner/Doom band and a few of us are making a trip to the biggest and pureset Doom-metal festival in the world.

http://www.doomshallrise.de/ :bat:

Unfortunately, this means i will have to miss the RB4 action at Kyoto, although i'm still gonna join you all for the practice sessions as i'd quite like to learn the track/car properly.

I'm leaving on the 29th and returning late on the 2nd so i might just be in time to catch the end of the race. you never know, if i'm home on time i might just be able to make the start! It might be interesting to see how i perform after 5 days of abuse.
I'll have a go at this one. Had a good time with the RB4 on BL1 the other day, KY GP shouldn't be a prob
#8 - Vain
I just had a go. Great combination! There's loads of room for competitive driving. This will be a lot of fun.
Hey, the track likes me, I even did a below-three-minutes-time!

Vain
#9 - Tukko
Quote from Vain :I just had a go. Great combination! There's loads of room for competitive driving. This will be a lot of fun.

oh yes very nice track, and loooong.. 60 laps is about 3 hours pffff just did few hotlaps there.. 2.50.39 new pb.. needs a lot more practice to get all the fast curves right
#10 - need
Ouch, that's gonna be a looong race
Never tried this track/car before, but why not, count me in
Its not KY oval, the big GTRs or FO8, so of course, Im in.
This is the same Sunday as we end up the OLFSLeague, the last race of the season ... dang!! ...

You couldn't consider to change that date? I would love to defend or better up that 2nd place from the last race at Aston Club!!
Hmmmm, i like that idea!

since it's such a long track shouldn't we get another week for praccy
Quote from Theafro :Hmmmm, i like that idea!

since it's such a long track shouldn't we get another week for praccy

Hehe ...
Nice combo, just did a 2:50.48 hotlap with loads of space for improvement 60 laps is loooooong though :o
#16 - Vain
Don't change the date!

Vain
well, me and cawwa are gonna set up a 60 lapper for the sunday after! and boycott the ATC one
Anny possibilities to make it 40 laps instead? 3hours, daaang
3 hours in a row is a lot. It's a huge challange and I would have loved to be in it.
I've done a 4 hour stint in WOSEC LeMans 24 h, but that was becourse the other guy who was suposed to connect after me got an error so I had to jump in again direct after 1 lap. But that was ok.

To bad you others don't drive in OLFSL ...
if it was made 40 laps it wouldn't be an ATC 60 lap GP

I will be giving this one a miss, 3 hours is too much for me and I am not a fan of the rb4. Also I think it will not be close racing from about lap 10 onwards, the track is too long for the cars and I would get bored after 30 mins.
meeting postponed for re-consideration of combo / date
I have driven 2 hours with the FXO on that track, was great fun, but my arse suffered from it.

I know it wouldn't be 60 lapper, but how about making one race a little different?
Put it back!

60 Laps, RB4 2nd April

I dunno... Be there or dont race... now wasnt that hard!
-
(th84) DELETED by th84
Quote from franky500 :meeting postponed for re-consideration of combo / date

Why??
Quote : Why??

Because 4+ hours(3 for the race plus 1 or more for the usual qualifying and setup) is too damn long for a casual race? The ATC GPs so far have been about 1.5 to 2.5 hours max.

If there's going to be car and track polls for the next GP, instead of running them at the same time perhaps it would be better to do the car poll first, close it, and then do the track poll with the knowledge of what the car's performance will be.
This thread is closed

2nd April ATC 60 Lap GP
(72 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG