The online racing simulator
Thanks Tim[NL] - works a treat!
ok i was testing my new updated lpr and every thing below the welcome dont work =S could u help me gai?
Quote from Fire_optikz001 :ok i was testing my new updated lpr and every thing below the welcome dont work =S could u help me gai?

Can you post your welcome message that you have edited in the lang section, along with the couple of lines below it too.
well i dont use it in the language i use a single language one
Quote from Fire_optikz001 :well i dont use it in the language i use a single language one

In that case, just post your welcome message and include a few of the lines above and below so we can see if there is a syntax error
i dont like posting my stuff where every one can steal ideas i would rather send it in a pm to some one i can trust
Quote from Fire_optikz001 :i dont like posting my stuff where every one can steal ideas i would rather send it in a pm to some one i can trust

nvm fixed it but now my problem with easy click ... i have a version info button and this is the end part it opens the first part wich is lapper version information but it dont open the reset

Sub MA_ver( $KeyFlags,$id )
IF( UserInGroup( "beta",$userName ) == 1 )
THEN
openPrivButton( "ver",35,28,125,10,5,-1,0,"^6Lapper Version Information" );
openPrivButton( "ver2"35,38,125,6,5,-1,32,"^2this server is running ^0[^4S^0C] ^7Lapper version 7.00 ^3Alpha"
. "&^2made by ^0[^4S^0C] ^7T3ChaRmy"
. "&^2Score Board made by ^7[TT^1R^7] Ken Nomura"
. "&^2based off of ^6Gai-Luron's ^2LFSlapper"
. "&Click To Close!",MA_closever );
ELSE
openPrivButton( "ver2"35,38,125,6,5,-1,32,"^2this server is running ^0[^4S^0C] ^7Lapper version 6.50 ^2Stable"
ENDIF
EndSub
Quote from Fire_optikz001 :i dont like posting my stuff where every one can steal ideas i would rather send it in a pm to some one i can trust

If we're following the letter of the law, then the GPL license that Lapper has attached to it would mean that you have to provide the source code to any project based off of it, so any intellectual property is in the public domain.

From a community point of view, secrecy and a willingness not to share will only make your development cycle a lonely one, as no one would be willing to help someone who doesn't contribute to the project as a whole.

Your call.
i mean i have certain things that are under develop ment that i would not like people to see untill there finalized that and i fixed it as i said can u please help me with my easy click?

i will plan on releasing my easy click soon as i know its what i think is good enough and it works
Quote from Fire_optikz001 :i mean i have certain things that are under develop ment that i would not like people to see untill there finalized that and i fixed it as i said can u please help me with my easy click?

i will plan on releasing my easy click soon as i know its what i think is good enough and it works

Is a screenshot possible? And is there anything in the lapper error log?
Quote from Fire_optikz001 :nvm fixed it but now my problem with easy click ... i have a version info button and this is the end part it opens the first part wich is lapper version information but it dont open the reset

Sub MA_ver( $KeyFlags,$id )
THEN
openPrivButton( "ver2"35,38,125,6,5,-1,32,"^2this server is running ^0[^4S^0C] ^7Lapper version 7.00 ^3Alpha"
ELSE
openPrivButton( "ver2"35,38,125,6,5,-1,32,"^2this server is running ^0[^4S^0C] ^7Lapper version 6.50 ^2Stable"
ENDIF
EndSub

Forget the screenshot. Your problem is that the line starts:
openPrivButton( "ver2"35,...

There should be a comma in between the " and the number 35 like this:
openPrivButton( "ver2",35,...

Thanks! that was the problem
Quote from Fire_optikz001 :

does this close the box like for instance if i put that on the help page then got rid of the "OK" or "CLOSE" from the bottom and put this in there it would close the !help when i click it? and also what is easy click if someone could explain it to me please?

Thanks Tur8o
ok yes u do !help and u click the help wendow like u would the ok or close button

the point of easy click is so that when ur driving ,drifting,racing u can look up stuff with out haveing to type it out if u wanna have a look at mine let me know ill let u be a beta tester and u can see what all the point of it is =)
could you show me a screen shot of easyclick from your server?
sure ill add one or 2 im just having a small bug atm
i have the color thing as 32 but its not dark there there the same color as 16 any one got an idea?

HERE IS MY COde for my help button on my easy click

openPrivButton( "EasynClick1",178,90,10,5,10,-1,32,"^7Help",MA_help);

whats wrong with it? my new buttons are the dark color but the older ones arnt

ok now i made my background clear and its dark again =s
okay thanks
here is my pics =)
Attached images
beta easy click.jpg
non-beta easy click.jpg
Quote from Fire_optikz001 :here is my pics =)

Hi,
The only problem i had with easy click buttons while driving that the people who driving with a mouse complain that there mouse arrow was moving all the time on the screen.
So i show the buttons now only when people spectate. ( And for the Admins there are other buttons.)
Attached images
NLR buttons.jpg
Wow nice man i wish i could create like that
Quote from Tur8o :Wow nice man i wish i could create like that

Apologies (mainly to TIM[NL]), but that is some basic label/button coding, which if you're going to play with Lapper script at all, you should be able to do.

The logo part of the picture is probably just a label (although could be a 'secret' button just for admin use only!), with the help and other buttons that once pressed, will open another set of labels and buttons.

To me, a 'label' is a button that only gives you information (like a team name/logo, or something like "Best Split ="), whereas a proper 'button' is something that you have to press to give you other information. In Lapper, both a label and a button still referred to as a button - you have to choose what it's use will be.

Some buttons may call some other sub routines into play, most simple ones don't.

Some labels/buttons are only for the driver to see (OpenPrivButton), and others are for all to see (OpenGlobalButton). You need to think about their use as you're designing them. Same goes for private/global messages.

You also have to think about closing buttons before opening others. And should buttons self close after so many seconds, or do they need a button click (like !top, where you have to click "OK" to close table).

For instance, in the default lapper script, when you join a server, you get the typical Welcome message, which you have to Accept or Reject. Once you click the Accept button, it has to close down the open labels/buttons. Including itself. Closing of buttons is something you have to be aware of!! The reject button kicks you off, so you don't have to bother.

Also. This is a private button, otherwise everytime someone joined the server, everyone would get the message again (and again. And again. And.....).

My suggestion is that you open the standard LFSLapper.lpr file and search for all the private and global buttons and try follow what they do.

And/or.

Try your own - make your own team name/logo and place it on screen - look where it would interfere with other things (not top left as this is where you see people 'talk'. Not top right as this is where you get quali and race results. Not bottom right as this is where you get ShiftN info. Maybe not bottom left as this is where you see who's lagging. Maybe not slap bang in middle of screen where it can be little offputting when driving.
What size? Colour of label? Colour of text?

Both Gai and Yisc[NL] have good right-ups in the standard script to explain what the coding criteria is.

There's also nothing to stop you changing the private and global messages into private or global labels/buttons.

I see you've been trying to play with nodes and zones, like what happens with the speedtrap messages.

Make your own simple labels/buttons to go with nodes or zones.

For instance:

RegisterZoneAction( "BL1" , 12,591, 3 , SE_leavepits );

Sub SE_leavepits() # A Sinanju Event
$NickName = GetCurrentPlayerVar("NickName");
openPrivButton( "blank_back",1,45,46,25,3,6,32," ");
openPrivButton( "remember",2,46,44,8,6,6,32,langEngine( "%{main_remember}%", $NickName ) );
openPrivButton( "leavepits",2,60,44,5,4,6,16,langEngine( "%{main_leavepits}%" ) );
EndSub

With language file

main_remember = "^1! REMEMBER !";
main_leavepits = "^1Watch for traffic&^1when exiting pitlane";

This tells you to watch for traffic when exiting the pitlane at Blackwood. Label is timed so that it eventually goes away itself (you don't want to have to try close a button, watch for traffic, change gear, brake/accelerate, slot in, turn wheel, breath, blink, put your biscuit back on the plate, answer your wife, etc., all at the same time!).

The same message can be used at other tracks - you only have to change the button label and zone numbers - the 'SE_leavepits' subroutine can be used again and again, whatever the button label/numbers.

Try your own for when people enter the pits (e.g. stop EXACTLY in box to change tyres), and anything else you or others may like to see. Also be aware that too many labels/buttons/messages put some drivers off - the only thing some people want to see is they've made new PB and their finish position in the race (ignoring everyone they don't know that come behind them)!

Once you get proficient at the simple stuff, then move onto others (a button that then opens another button, etc).

Once you get to that stage, then I (and others) can then start to ask your advice!

My big word of advice; always keep back up of working lapper script!
well im adding stuff to it so u can have an option to turn it on and off

Quote from Tim NL :Hi,
The only problem i had with easy click buttons while driving that the people who driving with a mouse complain that there mouse arrow was moving all the time on the screen.
So i show the buttons now only when people spectate. ( And for the Admins there are other buttons.)

Quote from sinanju :
My big word of advice; always keep back up of working lapper script!

ye that's always important i always make an error so i learned lol
i wanna make it so that i can change 2 sets of numbers i got it to work with my easy click but i cant get it to work here can any one help?

CASE "!ver":
THEN
openPrivButton( "ver2"35,38,125,6,5,-1,32,"^2this server is running ^0[^4S^0C] ^7Lapper version " . $VNB . $VSB
ELSE
openPrivButton( "ver2"35,38,125,6,5,-1,32,"^2this server is running ^0[^4S^0C] ^7Lapper version " . $VN . $VS
ENDIF
Quote from Fire_optikz001 :i wanna make it so that i can change 2 sets of numbers i got it to work with my easy click but i cant get it to work here can any one help?

Hi,
You forgot 2x a ,

Small tip: Open your lapper scripts with PSPAd so all the line in the script are numberd.
In ..\bin\default\logs open your error log file to see in which line the error is.

CASE "!ver":
THEN
openPrivButton( "ver2"[COLOR=red],[/COLOR]35,38,125,6,5,-1,32,"^2this server is running ^0[^4S^0C] ^7Lapper version " . $VNB . $VSB
ELSE
openPrivButton( "ver2"[COLOR=red],[/COLOR]35,38,125,6,5,-1,32,"^2this server is running ^0[^4S^0C] ^7Lapper version " . $VN . $VS
ENDIF

This thread is closed

Config help
(1112 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG