The online racing simulator
LFS vs GT5 Physics reviews?
(111 posts, started )
#1 - Zac86
Any avid GT5 prologue players here? I'm kinda thinking about buying a PS3 in anticiaption for the release of GT5 since i'm kinda getting bored of LFS but it always brings me back because I cannot find another simulator with proper physics like LFS. Just want to know if anyone has a comparasion of the 2. thank you.
i dont but gt5 full comes very soon now and gt5p physics are nice.
well i can tell you the drifting in GT5:P is fail compared to LFS:P
I played GT5 prologue for about ten minuts and gave it up. I just couldent get into the feel of the cars, the tyres just didn't seem to react right to my inputs.

If GT5's full release has the exact same tyre model I won't bother playing it. LFS may be incomplete, but it's miles ahead of any console game in terms of drivability.
Well, just driving with a big rotating stick isn't what i call realism in the first place. That's why i've never called any racing game for the ps(3) or the xbox(360) realistic, not even forza.
I've tried it with the G25, but it all just feels wrong compared to LFS and the real thing..
#6 - oli17
anyone else tried using a wheel in race driver: grid. i hope i'm not the only one that couldn't keep the car in a straight line
Quote from oli17 :anyone else tried using a wheel in race driver: grid. i hope i'm not the only one that couldn't keep the car in a straight line

Haha, I kinda have that aswell, I tried it on the PC version, I just got mad of it and removed it again.
#8 - oli17
i just span off it was so depressing
Quote from DragonCommando :I played GT5 prologue for about ten minuts and gave it up. I just couldent get into the feel of the cars, the tyres just didn't seem to react right to my inputs.

If GT5's full release has the exact same tyre model I won't bother playing it. LFS may be incomplete, but it's miles ahead of any console game in terms of drivability.

Afaik GT5:P had the Gt4 base engine and physics, just with fancy graphics.
GT5 Full will have a completely new, cell-CPU bespoke engine.
#11 - JJ72
Basically GT5 drives like a second tier Rfactor mod, there is understeer and oversteer, but how is happens is unnatural, the sweet spot between gripping and sliding is very small and once you get it sliding, it just seem to slide forever especially if you give it some power. Cars seemingly lose a lot of grip in very slow speed hairpins for no logical reason.

It feels a lot different from GT4 though, cos GT4 was in large was a huge dose of understeer whenever you try to drive normally, but in GT5 they made a lot of cars particulary twitchy, they feels alright if you are driving within the limit, you can put load on tires and they rotate in a realistic manner, but once you start to push it, and play with the car on the limit the ugliness of the physics engine will show itself.
*cleans up puddle from floor*
what? i dont understand, what puddle?
urine
there i go again
Quote from ACCAkut :Afaik GT5:P had the Gt4 base engine and physics, just with fancy graphics.
GT5 Full will have a completely new, cell-CPU bespoke engine.

Are you for real, or is my sarcasmometer broken?
GT has never been and never will be as realistic as LFS.

However, it has always been one the better console racers physics wise. Making it a sim-arcadey racer.

It also makes up for it's poor simulation with what is an encyclopedia of motorsports, cars and tracks.

The number of cars is amazing, you can highlight brands and it'll give you a brief history. In the setup menus, it manages to give an easy to understand explaination of different setup options. The options for setup are vast as well. Especially for a console game.

It may not be very accurate as a driving model. But it makes up for it.
I'm hoping the physics are really good! As I want a game where you can take any car, tune it to your like then have some good online touge battles
Quote from Zac86 :I'm hoping the physics are really good! As I want a game where you can take any car, tune it to your like then have some good online touge battles

Well if physics stay like they are in GT5p then i would be very very dissapointed. They are ok, i've played it for a couple of days, but it still has that feel comparable to typing with winter glowes, you know.. It's not "pure".

And those idiotic things are still not fixed, like cars not flipping over. WTF is that shi*? I would really like to walk in Polyphony and ask them what the fu*k with non flippable cars.. And also, full throttle in RWD car results in no drama what so ever. They all start rolling like they have the best TC in the world.
As latest trailer teased us, there is definately damage coming (finaly!), but i think it will only aply to WRC and NASCAR, which is a total fail.
I will still most likely buy it, GT is a classic, but i would kill for a "LFS-like" physics model, damage on all cars, flipping over, racing rules (flags..), pit stops, tire and fuel wear, etc.. It would be an ultimate driving game.
Quote from Zac86 :Any avid GT5 prologue players here? I'm kinda thinking about buying a PS3 in anticiaption for the release of GT5 since i'm kinda getting bored of LFS but it always brings me back because I cannot find another simulator with proper physics like LFS. Just want to know if anyone has a comparasion of the 2. thank you.

prologue is boring, lfs is boring...

GT5 should be fun due to a decent amount of cars...

as far as physics go: both stink.

Alot of work to be done.
Yeah, all he does is whine, attacking other people.. being annoying.
Got any arguments to support that both's physics suck? If you don't, why bother reacting?
He reminds me of Shadowwww (no offense)
You cant make a comparisen.
Its like comparing a Tomato and Potato there is no comparisen to give.

(111 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG