The online racing simulator
Xbox Natal - Microsoft introduces a new way to play
crap, the Wii sucks and dont see why this will be any different. Also with game companies introducing stuff like this they're not really catering for people who may have a disability.
Quote from trebor901 :crap, the Wii sucks

The Wii doesn't suck, it's just not to your taste (or mine) and suffers from more than it's share of lacklustre software. But enough people have bought it to prove that the vast majority of people think it's worth the money.
Quote from trebor901 :Also with game companies introducing stuff like this they're not really catering for people who may have a disability.

Please tell me you're not trying to use that as an argument against physical activity. Mutes would be suing whoever makes Lips and Singstar. Deaf people would be suing mp3 player and speaker manufacturers.

It's not like having access to a building. This is something you choose to seek out and buy if you want it.

I think in principle it's a good idea. Gamers have a nasty reputation of being lazy fat buggers. And there's a reason that stereotype exists. Gabe Newell, I'm looking at you. The problem isn't the idea of using motion controls, it's the way they're used by developers.
Quote from Dajmin :The Wii doesn't suck, it's just not to your taste (or mine) and suffers from more than it's share of lacklustre software. But enough people have bought it to prove that the vast majority of people think it's worth the money.

Please tell me you're not trying to use that as an argument against physical activity. Mutes would be suing whoever makes Lips and Singstar. Deaf people would be suing mp3 player and speaker manufacturers.

It's not like having access to a building. This is something you choose to seek out and buy if you want it.

I think in principle it's a good idea. Gamers have a nasty reputation of being lazy fat buggers. And there's a reason that stereotype exists. Gabe Newell, I'm looking at you. The problem isn't the idea of using motion controls, it's the way they're used by developers.

No, but they're saying this motion stuff is the future of gaming when it just shouldnt be and it would be a problem if you were disabled if they made this and made the controller obsolete.
True enough, in theory. But how many disabled people do you know who are fine using a regular joypad anyway? They require full use of your arms below the elbow. And without amputees getting involved, the shift in market wouldn't be worth the fuss.

I actually don't think motion controllers should be the future, but not for that reason. When I come in after a long day at work, I don't then want to have to wave my arms and legs around to play a game. Sometimes you just want to veg out and relax. Motion controls don't really let you do that.

And optional extra? Sure. The be all and end all of gaming? Hell no.
if thats true and i can show-off my uber-ninja-matrix-karate moves i gotta get that:cry:
but this thing bugs me, how does it actaully regonize your movement?
Quote from LFSn00b :This idea WILL fail.

I certainly hope that if this comes out my family will not buy this >_>

I lol'd at the racing part.

well thats not why people get it...they have it to test their uber-ninja-matrix-karate moves(or atleast i will:shrug
Looks like great fun.

I don't really get all the negativity.
I think this kind of movement is only possible with some kind of suit,no way it can see your shifting in a car,or pressing throttle,just not possible,and the skateboard pic,why didnt the skateboard have he's fingers on it?,and the game show just looks disturbing,im pretty sure if it get's relased,it will fail.
Quote from batteryy :how does it actaully regonize your movement?

Simply realise the truth... there is no movement.

I assume when you set it up, it'll get you to stand certain ways and maps the position of the skin-coloured parts. Once those are in, all it needs to do is track where they move to in relation to each other.
My guess is that it will have something simillar to Wii, with that "bar" you place on top of TV.

I know it says "No controller" but it could just mean, free hands, or it could be a marketing thing to hype up all the people.

Either way, if it does workout for them, Wii might aswell just give up.
Quote from DevilDare :My guess is that it will have something simillar to Wii, with that "bar" you place on top of TV.

I know it says "No controller" but it could just mean, free hands, or it could be a marketing thing to hype up all the people.

Either way, if it does workout for them, Wii might aswell just give up.

Watch the vid,theres a bar under the tv :P
Quote from bmwe30m3 :Watch the vid,theres a bar under the tv :P

Well there you go, thats what scans your movements and sends them into the game.
Looks awesome! (except the racing game)

Post here when some reviews come out
This idea has soooo much potential, but I do have fears it could fail. I mean, there are stuff that are too good to be true, (who knows, they COULD pull it off) the price of this will be hitting 4 digit numbers if they ever go into stock.

Oh, and who wants to bet the sales of new TV's will go up too? Ya know, when people kick their own tv's?
I watched the press conference live yesterday (or was it today, well anyway) and I was a bit stunned, it did seem to work quite well when they showed it at work. It's basically a camera that will detect your movement in three dimensions, I don't know how, but it seemed to work.

I don't know if I like this movement involvement stuff, but it's sure interesting.
the concept alone is worth trying.

Alot of potential but knowing Microsoft they'll go out of their way to make it fail
/me wants

that looks bloody awsome
Don't see what's up with the negativity in the first posts. I pretty much do believe that this is the future, the first step to full immersion into a game.
Glad that I didn't buy the PS3, this looks a lot more interesting
Quote from BAMBO :Don't see what's up with the negativity in the first posts. I pretty much do believe that this is the future, the first step to full immersion into a game.
Glad that I didn't buy the PS3, this looks a lot more interesting

No matter what anyone comes up with, there will always be people putting it down. Always.

I can't really see myself playing a racing game without actually holding a steering wheel - or another type of controller - in my hand. But it could be cool for other types of games, and as an entertainment and multimedia system it would be great. Just kick back in your couch and tell the tv what to play.
True for the driving games, but then again the fighting can also be improved> I remember from a while ago a very cool jacket that was full of small electrical engines. Basically when ever you where being hit or shot in a game, the jacket would make you feel as if you where actually there (obviously not the full force, in which case you'd probably die in a few seconds :tilt.

Now imagine a full body suit like it plus Natal plus a fighting game, that would be extremely cool.

Better yet, imagine if you could see a 3d projection in front of you. It isn't real but you can feel it as if it were due to the body suit that would also oppose resistance to stop you from pretty much ripping him apart. Man the future is looking nice

This just pretty much proves me that my theory is correct. IMO the ultimate gaming experience would be when you won't have any controller, your body (or better yet your mind) would act as one and no more genre games, just one game that pretty much simulates real life. Too bad most of us, including me, would be probably dead before that would happen
that has to be one of the worst names for an input uh device i guess in the history of gaming
something tells me ide feel like an idiot pretending to do things that get translated into the game
also from the videos particularly the press conference ones it appears to be every bit as gimmicky and pointless as multitouch interfaces
The PS3's version looks better and more accurate than this. The 360 one looks really really laggy.
Got any links to info on the PS3 version?
Quote from dawesdust_12 :The PS3's version looks better and more accurate than this. The 360 one looks really really laggy.

Oh here we go.... Dawedust ready to piss some 360 users and start another mass flaming/arguing craze (Mac v PC)

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG