The online racing simulator
buying a new system
(14 posts, started )
buying a new system
#2 - Jakg
Shit case, shit mobo, shit monitor, shit keyboard, shit mouse, shit graphics card, no idea about the hard drive as he doesn't say, ovekill on the memory and I have no faith in this guys technical abilities at all (2.4 MHz / 512 GB HDD's).
Quote from Jakg :Shit case, shit mobo, shit monitor, shit keyboard, shit mouse, shit graphics card, no idea about the hard drive as he doesn't say, ovekill on the memory and I have no faith in this guys technical abilities at all (2.4 MHz / 512 GB HDD's).

don't forget shit speakers
1190 euro? holy crap dude, you can buy something cool of that.
Don't buy that piece of crap, I've specced a PC using an Irish website.

You'd need to buy a copy of Vista, or download the beta of Windows 7 for free.

Either way you'd get a better PC and you'd save yourself 300 Euros. If you need a monitor, keyboard etc, there's still enough to get you a Logitech G15 Keyboard, G3 (or whatever it is) mouse, a decent monitor, and a decent set of speakers and you'd still come in under 1200 Euros. Just you'd have a kick-ass PC instead of a lame PC.
Attached images
Image2.jpg
Quote from Joe_Keaveney :Don't buy that piece of crap, I've specced a PC using an Irish website.

You'd need to buy a copy of Vista, or download the beta of Windows 7 for free.

Either way you'd get a better PC and you'd save yourself 300 Euros. If you need a monitor, keyboard etc, there's still enough to get you a Logitech G15 Keyboard, G3 (or whatever it is) mouse, a decent monitor, and a decent set of speakers and you'd still come in under 1200 Euros. Just you'd have a kick-ass PC instead of a lame PC.

Not kick-ass, but alot better then that Piece of crap!
i could do some THANGS with 1100 euros...
Quote from Bose321 :Not kick-ass, but alot better then that Piece of crap!

OK, maybe not kick-ass, but I'll settle for 'pretty good'
its Useable, im sick of waiting for things to happen/arrive etc, i just want a pc, what will max out any game - pre installed Vista/xp

quite litterally plug in, install the games, play away.

eithers either this or a stupidly quick banger...

Pc's are safer.
Quote from theirishnoob :its Useable, im sick of waiting for things to happen/arrive etc, i just want a pc, what will max out any game - pre installed Vista/xp

quite litterally plug in, install the games, play away.

eithers either this or a stupidly quick banger...

Pc's are safer.

Good luck in getting ripped off with that pile of crap then.

What's the point in asking if it's any good then after everyone say's no saying your going to buy it anyway?

Edit:// That graphics card is a load of crap too, even if it is 1GB it's a 8600GT which is old and won't run your game's at max unless you play older games.
Wow that system is really weak, only 2.4 GHz, it doesn't matter how many cores you have, it will still be slow, and a Geforce 8600 lol, forget about "maxing out any game", good luck running your games at the lowest quality (except for maybe duke nukem 3D). The point is, don't buy that system, it's the best advice I can give you.
Quote from shiny_red_cobra :Wow that system is really weak, only 2.4 GHz, it doesn't matter how many cores you have, it will still be slow, and a Geforce 8600 lol, forget about "maxing out any game", good luck running your games at the lowest quality (except for maybe duke nukem 3D). The point is, don't buy that system, it's the best advice I can give you.

im running a single core at 3.33ghz and it maxes LFS ( at about 3-40 fps... depending on track... comfortable none the less )

Quote from mclarenmatt :Good luck in getting ripped off with that pile of crap then.

What's the point in asking if it's any good then after everyone say's no saying your going to buy it anyway?

Edit:// That graphics card is a load of crap too, even if it is 1GB it's a 8600GT which is old and won't run your game's at max unless you play older games.

not going to buy it anyways - its like when someone asks me for car buying advice, i spell Everything out, All plus or minuses, then assist them with the purchase ( be it getting the correct price or whatever is required. )

but like i said, i just wanna turn it on and play ( well install ) as i don't want t o buy piece by piece off ebay or whatever and bite my nails to the bottom waiting.
Quote from theirishnoob :im running a single core at 3.33ghz and it maxes LFS

thats LFS. It only recognises one core anyway, and no, with the pc you posted, you wont be able to play modern games maxed out.
Quote from theirishnoob :but like i said, i just wanna turn it on and play ( well install ) as i don't want t o buy piece by piece off ebay or whatever and bite my nails to the bottom waiting.

Then you must have got Joe's post very wrong, and jump to your own conclusions.

The way Joe posted, is that you select the components from an online store, for example, buy em, and get them delivered to your door-step or you pick the stuff up yourself from the store. The components usually arrive in 1-2 working days, depends on where you buy from.

Then you either put it together yourself, or get a tech-savvy friend to help you out to build the setup for a couple of beers. Simple as that.

Or go with pre-made setups, as brand new, and just pick it up, and plug it in, and play. Pre-made setups usually have some components that let the whole setup down, though.

So you'll be better off buying the components, letting someone put it all together. You'll end up with a much better performance-cost ratio, and its eventually worth the trouble.

buying a new system
(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG