The online racing simulator
Mercury 5yr anniversary & closing
(114 posts, started )
Byebye!
I will always remember the moments i had in this game.. mostly demo v0.5/S1 days for me as i was not around much since the last 3 years...
Thanks everyone for all these nice races! =)
And a big thanks to PaulC2K and Viper and also mr Jones for managing the team, even when motivation was very low!, and congrats to all our drivers for winning so many events! =)
LFS is the game i played the most in my life by far and i'm proud that most of these years were with my 2nd family, Mercury.
Thanks guys!
Lotsa blasts from the past here.
Well just returned from the 24h Race in the Green Hell (Nürburgring Nordschleife)

Byebye!

Was a great tme to be a part of Mercury, I'm sure awesome memories will last.

R.I.P. Mercury
Is the server still open for public usage? Has the password been changed? Would love to do some fo8 racing with you guys
Quote from audimasta :Is the server still open for public usage? Has the password been changed? Would love to do some fo8 racing with you guys

In fact, it has been passworded because we're racing the Round 3 of the spdo GP2 series.
yeah, Josh asked if it was possible to use a server for the round, i gave him the details to log into the LFSPS account (only has access to server 2 of 2, merc being 1 of 2).
However last week before the last LFSPS race i swapped the configs around as i was getting some odd lag in there while everyone else was fine, i'd had it a few rounds.
So he's logged in and got access to server #2, which was labelled as the merc server.

Still, i figured he'd have rebranded it all, isnt like we'll be needing it anytime soon and i gave him the details so he could do all that if he wished.
Quote from PaulC2K :Still, i figured he'd have rebranded it all, isnt like we'll be needing it anytime soon and i gave him the details so he could do all that if he wished.

Yeah, sorry about that. Wasn't 100% sure if that'd be alright so I didn't. Probably should have in hindsight :P.
Only just noticed this thread.

5 years is an excellent achivement, especially with a solid group of members. MRNL fell apart after 3 or so years, I can only really speak for myself, but I feel a lot of the team lost motivation. I've barely raced since MRNL ended, it was the only thing getting me on the track regularly.

A shame that many of the big teams I remember from 2003/2004 are no longer around, but I still have my memories. The special feel of the close knit community and small user base LFS had will never come back, here's to hoping things spice up and there is plenty of time left for great racing in the future.
bye bye Mercury Racing team.... i wish i could have raced against you guys.... but now i wont ... =(
That's sad. I always loved Mercury racing team as a team with great, clean racing style, interesting people and high level. Devs should mind the reasons of closing down such a great teams. Good luck Mercury racing team members, best regards to your people.
Found this thread tonight... some sad stuff to read but also good points about LFS development. Merc has been inactive lately, just like a majority of the scene, for a good reason. Still, this really isn't a team closing but _the_ team closing.

Maybe the best racing I've ever seen in LFS was the MoE 24h a few years back, when the top teams were extremely close and the best racers were still involved. A lot has happened since and we've seen Ocrana and Cyber vanish. Now without Mercury, serious LFS racing is looking more dead than ever before, at least from my point of view.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... &feature=channel_page

That was a fun race for us, me especcially when having to go from nearly last back up to 4th, this was also our first taste of a proper MoE race, being very close to the top guys pace showed us that we could to be leading races...
-
(Graham(sidi)) DELETED by Graham(sidi)

Mercury 5yr anniversary & closing
(114 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG